Is your hair shorter than your "Earlobe" or less than 6 inches long?

Is your hair currently...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zeal said:
Your hair is really growing. It is to your earlobes? What are you doing for your hair? My hair is not growing at all. (it seems)

hi sweetie,

I am actually getting ready to upload my pics now in the TWA growout challenge. Two weeks ago a got a much needed trim(at least I thought it was much needed ;)). Last week I started swimming lessons and that water is no joke.

So here's what I have started to do:
-before getting into the pool I put co,usually Suave citrus smoothier or DD water lily, on my hair and then put the swimming cap on and take my 1 hour lessons.
-after I get out of the pool I shower and rinse the co out and once dry apply greg's juice, scurl, and nexxus botanic oil. I can't really say if this is helping b/c I just started doing it last week. But with me working out twice a day my hair I am doing conditioner washes twice a day and really think that it's drying my hair for some reason. But then again it could be that I need to up my water intake.

we'll see :)

off to upload those pics sweetie!

I have offically surpassed that length thank god. Due to me cutting my hair all the time it seemed like I was stuck there for two years. I was well above earlength in Sept but now almost a year later I am very very close to shoulder length...The only thing that has truly worked for me is staying away from heat...and most importantly those damn scissors :lol:

BamaBelle said:
Up until approx. 3 hours ago, my hair was texturized with Affirm Sensitive and Dry Scalp relaxer (last touch-up in April). Everyone knows I had been struggling with dry-end clusters and had succumbed to two botched "trims" in attempt to rid my head of these clusters and ended up losing a lot of my length I had worked so hard to gain since my August BC.

After many deep conditionings, going to bed with conditioner/moisturizers/plastic caps overnite, those botched trims, stopping my MTG application, leaving Humecto alone... I came to the thinking that the dryness may have been caused by UNDERPROCESSING and/or using the Affirm (which some believe can cause dryness)...

Since it was time to touch-up anyway, I figured this was as good a time as any to switch brands. I polled the Board and didn't get any firm preferences so I went with what had worked in the past: Mizani. WHAT A MISTAKE. Even though I had the product on my hair for a total of 7 minutes (from beginning of application to going to the sink to rinse) and I ended up with nearly BONE STRAIGHT hair! *sigh*

So now, I'm really needing to make adjustments to my life... After more crying and anger, I've just decided to go with it and join the Dominican Salon challenge for the next few months and see what kind of length I get. Maybe with their techniques I can gain some length and finally begin cutting the back so that the entire head grows more uniformly and into a bob - which has been my aim all along!

*sigh* See, this is why having a separate thread/something/anything for folks whose hair is shorter than 6 inches or so is so important.

co signing! b/c of my recent 'setbacks' I am rethinking being natural.

Ayeshia said:
I have offically surpassed that length thank god. Due to me cutting my hair all the time it seemed like I was stuck there for two years. I was well above earlength in Sept but now almost a year later I am very very close to shoulder length...The only thing that has truly worked for me is staying away from heat...and most importantly those damn scissors :lol:

I LOVE your coils! Seeing your pictures makes me miss my natural hair even more! :(

*laughs*

My hair - in it's happiest state (shrunk up to high heaven) barely comes to the top of my earlobes (you can see pics in my fotki of the twists after I took my locs out). Stretched, it's about 4-7 inches long (depending on what area of my head it is).

My Regimen?
1) Cowash every three days with White Rain conditioner
2) DC on Saturday/Sunday - with whatever I have in my cabinet - sometimes It's the white rain, sometimes I mix something up, usually I use Ion conditioner for colored hair
3) Comb hair only on DC days - the rest of the week I just get it wet in the shower to rinse out dust/grime, and 'lift' it with a pick (my ends tangle, so those I don't comb through unless my head is SOAKED in conditioner)
4) Wear protective styles (which for me, is a pantyhose banded pufro)
5) Get my hair wet every morning, and spread some Oyin Honey Hemp conditioner on top.

I want to henna my hair to 'ease' the grow-out of my color cuz i'm sure a LOT of the tangling/breakage/dryness on my ends is a result of that).

Last edited:
When I started my journey my hair was basically earlobe length but I did manage to grow it out. Don't worry, it's possible ;)

Great Thread! I just did the BC a week ago and I have gone from a modest armpit length to a 3-4 inch twa, so I'm finding it a little difficult too. I kind of took the easy way out and got braids, but there is just so much stuff going on with my life right now that I have just don't have the time yet to learn how to do a totally new head of hair (I have NO CLUE what to do with a twa!).

I'm looking forward to being able to sport a decent sized puff. I don't think my hair is long enough yet, although I haven't tried.

When I first joined I had an almost shaved back region, and the front when combed back was barely covering that. That was about three months ago, and now the shaved back region is 'bout 3 inches long and the front part when combed back touches about the middle of my neck. I'd say it's about 7 inches.

My main hair style is sew in/weft in weaves. With them I can totally protect and moisturize my hair underneath, and also go psycho with a curling iron knowing I'm not frying my actual hair.:D The few times I wear my own hair out, I do a side part with a little leave in conditioner and moisturizer. It seems to favor my shorter hair styles and looks very chic.

Currently, my hair is 4-5 inches long.
What are some of your personal hair challenges, issues, concerns?
First, I want healthy hair. Second, I am having some issues with my edges. Third, I would like to master styling my hair.

What has your regimen been? How is it working for you?
CW daily, deep conditioning and shampooing once a week, clarify and protein treatment once a month. Trim when ends feel crunchy. I try taking vitamins but I am so forgetful. Using shea butter and the bagging method have done wonders for my hair.

What is your immediate hair goal?
To have a BAA and to rock a pony puff.

Back