Is this a date??

myronnie

So one of my highschool friends that I haven't talked to since freshman year just facebook messaged me...this is what he said:

GUY:
Hey pretty lady, just saw your status and I feel better knowing someone else has a similar mother, but hey at least yours didn't say anything, mine cursed me out lol

ME:
haha! hey ryu what's up?
Yes, my mom curses at me occasionally..but on christmas to totally ignore me? Psh..whatever..
So what are you up to? You still in school?
I go to school up north

GUY:
Lol, just working full time at the moment, man I miss you I wanna meet up with you sometime :D

ME:
Ya sure! I leave on the 3rd so anytime before then will prob be cool!!

GUY:
Ill let u kno my work schedule for this week tomorrow
ME:

alright sounds good!

I'm already dating another person that I really like so I really don't want to lead this other guy on..So what do you guys think?

It's not a date until y'all plan to meet somewhere in particular on a definite date at a definite time.

So no, what you described is not a date.

If you're dating someone you really like, why hang out with a "male" friend casually? I don't get it. I personally wouldn't except that from my DH and he would not accept that from me. Just an opinion.

It doesn't have to be a date to be inappropriate. You probably wouldn't be asking this question if the school friend was a female....:nono:

If you're dating someone you really like, why hang out with a "male" friend casually? I don't get it. I personally wouldn't except that from my DH and he would not accept that from me. Just an opinion.

It doesn't have to be a date to be inappropriate. You probably wouldn't be asking this question if the school friend was a female....:nono:

Hmm..so you're saying I shouldn't hang out with any males if I'm dating someone..BWAHAHA...:lachen:

Not a date.

:look: Dating does not equal exclusivity. Assuming that everyone is on the same page, dating multiple people at the same time is - wise. Sexing all of them - perhaps not so much so - but I really think that women throw themselves into one 'dating' relationship more than they should - until it's clear that we are 'exclusive' - I will date more than just you. Why shouldn't I? And I will definitely maintain my relationships with other men - if we break up, as a lot of 'dating' relationship often do, I'll still have other options in the wings - or a least a friend who might know of an option. :lol:

Speak on it JustKiya! One of my GF told me that her man of 1.5 years told her that they should not live together (she was planning to move in next month) but they can still date. She asked me what that means and I told her "no exclusivity"

Speak on it JustKiya! One of my GF told me that her man of 1.5 years told her that they should not live together (she was planning to move in next month) but they can still date. She asked me what that means and I told her "no exclusivity"

A year and a half and they STILL ain't exclusive? :look: :thud: Yeah. He wouldn't be my BF no more. :look: That's just too long in my mind. Hell, in my mind, by 1.5 years, you should know if this is marriage worthy, or if you need to get back in the Roledex! :lol:

From what you stated it doesn't sound like he's "her man." :look:

Not a date.

:look: Dating does not equal exclusivity. Assuming that everyone is on the same page, dating multiple people at the same time is - wise. Sexing all of them - perhaps not so much so - but I really think that women throw themselves into one 'dating' relationship more than they should - until it's clear that we are 'exclusive' - I will date more than just you. Why shouldn't I? And I will definitely maintain my relationships with other men - if we break up, as a lot of 'dating' relationship often do, I'll still have other options in the wings - or a least a friend who might know of an option. :lol:

Cheer-SignCheer-SignCheer-SignCheer-SignCheer-SignCheer-SignCheer-Sign
If this isn't the truth...idk why we do this...cause when men date you know we ain't the only one...DATING does not mean EXCLUSIVE...dating is a social thing...If you were saying I am in a COMMITTED relationship then understandable but she said DATING...

Not a date.

Right. I've seen that a lot. Women making claims to a man when he's dating others or open to that option. I think some women like to give an appearance as though they're in an exclusive relationship thinking that if they play that role then it will head in that direction. They're doing themselves a disservice.

Even when I was exclusively dating my husband, I was aware of other guys around. Lol. I was faithful, don't get me wrong, but let me tell you during a brief period when my husband(then-boyfriend) were broken up it didn't take long to make others aware of it and have a few dates lined up within a couple weeks. :lol:

She's just dating a guy, from her post I didn't think they were exclusive so I think it's fine for her to go out with other men. But that's just me.

Right. I've seen that a lot. Women making claims to a man when he's dating others or open to that option. I think some women like to give an appearance as though they're in an exclusive relationship thinking that if they play that role then it will head in that direction. They're doing themselves a disservice.

Even when I was exclusively dating my husband, I was aware of other guys around. Lol. I was faithful, don't get me wrong, but let me tell you during a brief period when my husband(then-boyfriend) were broken up it didn't take long to make others aware of it and have a few dates lined up within a couple weeks. :lol:

I totally agree with you - so very strongly. Reciprocity. I'm just as committed to you as you are to me - no more. :look: And if you act silly, maybe a little less.

A year and a half and they STILL ain't exclusive? :look: :thud: Yeah. He wouldn't be my BF no more. :look: That's just too long in my mind. Hell, in my mind, by 1.5 years, you should know if this is marriage worthy, or if you need to get back in the Roledex! :lol:

Not to hijack OP's thread but I have tried to tell her this. At one point she said she does "wifely" things for him because she wants to prove that she can be a good wife:dead:

Not to hijack OP's thread but I have tried to tell her this. At one point she said she does "wifely" things for him because she wants to prove that she can be a good wife:dead:

Oh no. :sad:
Is he even looking for a wife or to get married anytime soon to anyone? Sounds like he doesn't need to with her already doing everything. :ohwell:

Back