Is their a SL challenge for 2008?

pazyamor

So, I know there a few BSL challenges, and APL and even a large WL challenge (you grow ladies:grin:)...but are their any ladies still searching :sekret: for SL? and if so, are ya'll part of a challenge? I just want to know...

Well, there goes my answer for that! I don't think a challenge has to have five million people, so I'm happy with the 5 other women I have:circle:! So, I guess there should be some rules or something of that sort, so here they are:

Check in (with pictures please!:needpics:) in January and again at the end. If you want to do it more than that, please do!
You can use heat if you want, braids, protective styles, etc. I know we all take different paths to get to the same destination
Please, if at all possible, just jot down your regimen, because you never know what you can find out from other people's regimen.
One more thing, I Think we should all add one special thing to our regimens: like no (direct) heat, 2x DC, Regular oil rinses, etc.

And please, come in and check on the thread periodically, just for moral support:grouphug3:, I know when I'm growing my hair out, it can feel like it's never going to grow :pullhair:, but it is, it has, and it will...we're here to support eachother as well!

That's it....Grow ladies Grow!

Participants:

Wantlonghair_1988
New Fowers
Strawberry-Jelly
Kawaii1
Nubian Goddess
Sxyhairfetish
Poochie167
SecretRose
KAT25
RosesBlack
Bmoreflyygirl
Chichibean
Frizzy
Sweetg
Vera805
SmartyPants
MissAlyssa
BrownEyez22
Seraphinelle
Imani
Ronakajones
Dominqqt
Chelle4
Exarreca
Princessdi
Naiema1
LadyBeersch
Knedgers
Tenny
Chauncee
Artemis E.
Brandy
Asha
RBG
Env10us
Minnie
Jaded Faerie
Nappywomyn
Nakialovesshoes
Akimat001
MamaBraided it
Atweety82
Kels823
Monigirl
Serenity21
ChoZyn
crumbling_Images
arr1216
TashaK
WriterGirl
Lilakoi's_Sister
andre2000
Arabian Princess
Zada67
Strength81
Coolata
apemay1969
Back2Relaxed
Itismehmmkay
Phoenix
Cecilie
PetiteOne
llahend123
CandacyEliz
Mellowmel
Dany06
Belle
Sydwrites
Wandabee
Clarice
Bettytoo
Vintageous
Beautifullyblack
Sheena284
AvaSpeaks
Ariecares
Ivy_Butter
Filthyfresh
Elizabeth26
Serenity21
Ksk_xs
greenwings23
Miami74
Unique4lyfe33
Ms. Plain Jane
Joy1181
Shalilac
SelfStyled
Locabouthair
TBayBee
CubaMorena
Platinum
Chamelonchick
Jamaicalovely
Daephae
Thebraudgroup
Silentdove13
Kieka626
DivaD04
Val
DaPPer
VirGoViXxEn
Flowinlocks
Restore11
ZetaLady

Last edited:
I don't think so, but there certainly should be. Maybe less of a challenge and more of a Ladies Unite and we can get there sort of thing. My goal of 2008 is full, even shoulder length hair. I am planning to trim as my hair grows because I want it to grow out all of the layers. After that happens, I will work on APL.

I'll join you.

if u do start one..i'm def. in

>i know it may look like i'm close to SL...but that's the beauty of photography. it looks longer than it really is in my pics. i still don't consider myself SL yet. more like bottom of neck i guess. My hair is very uneven with short hairs on top. and my front hairs only reach the bottom of my chin. so this challenge is really for the hairs that haven't reached SL yet. I'm shooting for April '08

Last edited:
So what are we looking for - I know I want healthy, even ends with the order of shoulder length hair. I'm almost there, but I'm going to have to do a little trim.

So are we going to healthy shoulder length ends?
I am relaxed, but what about natural ladies - shoulder length for them is going to look different - so what about stretched shoulder length?
Are we going to add a deep condition, seal ends, eanything like that?

What's the plan?

So what are we looking for - I know I want healthy, even ends with the order of shoulder length hair. I'm almost there, but I'm going to have to do a little trim.

So are we going to healthy shoulder length ends?
I am relaxed, but what about natural ladies - shoulder length for them is going to look different - so what about stretched shoulder length?
Are we going to add a deep condition, seal ends, eanything like that?

What's the plan?

Hmm...please excuse the obscurity of my "challenge", I'm new at this! But I pretty much gave the rules in the first post and I added your name to the list! For the natural ladies, they can make it stretched, and for the relaxed ladies, I would like SL with thick, healthy ends...what's the point of having long hair is you can see through it? I'm also thinking about adding one "special" thing to the regimenl mine is EVOO rinses, before conditioning...something like that.

i want to join too! But the front of my hair is like 5 inches away and the back is about 3 inches so hmm... I'm not sure if I can make full SL

i want to join too! But the front of my hair is like 5 inches away and the back is about 3 inches so hmm... I'm not sure if I can make full SL

I'm about 2 inches away in the back but 4ish inches in the front - I think we can make it.

Okay - I went back and read the new information on the OP -

My regime -

I wash twice a week and cowash on the other days. On wash days I deep condition under the hooded dryer for 30ish minutes, Wednesdays with moisture, Sundays with silk protein and moisture. I wear my hair up 6 days a week and rollerset and down on the night DH and I go out to dinner.

Newflowers is all the way for full, healthy, even shoulder length in 2008!

Last edited:
:hiya::welcome4: Your name has been added to the list, and don't sweat "making it" you have until June 2008!! It's plenty of time, you're closer than you think...

I am SO in. My goal was SL by the end of this year but I don't think I'm going to make it.

So instead I'm going for full SL by April/May.

After my next relaxer i am probably going to re-evaluate my protective styles and might start out the new year in braids.

I'm in. I'm gonna shoot for April... The back of my hair is, but the sides and the front still have to catch up.

Last edited:
I want in on this challenge!!!! I need shoulder length so bad

I am SO in. My goal was SL by the end of this year but I don't think I'm going to make it.

So instead I'm going for full SL by April/May.

After my next relaxer i am probably going to re-evaluate my protective styles and might start out the new year in braids.

I'm in. I'm gonna shoot for April... The back of my hair is, but the sides and the front still have to catch up.

To all three ladies: :welcome2: your name has been added to the list in the OP...please, have a quick look at the "rules" (I hate the word, guidelines, more like) and that's that. Please remember, this is also a support thread, so just come in when you get frustrated or whatnot and we're there for you!!:grin:

I would love in on this challenge too... I am 2 inches away in the back and about 3 inches away on the sides. I am hoping to be there by March or April of next year.

Attachments

• Back image.jpg
    Back image.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 17
COUNT ME IN TOO!!!

I have been looking for a SL challenge, and hadn't found one, Thanks for starting one.

My hair has been "professionally" trimmed again, since the avatar/siggy pic :sad:, but I'm done with it being cut, since it's thoroughly jacked-up, now. I should have kept cutting it myself, and kept my $12. :ohwell: :yep:

So, by the time the challenge starts in Jan 08, I should be at solid neck length.

COUNT ME IN TOO!!!

I have been looking for a SL challenge, and hadn't found one, Thanks for starting one.

My hair has been "professionally" trimmed again, since the avatar/siggy pic :sad:, but I'm done with it being cut, since it's thoroughly jacked-up, now. I should have kept cutting it myself, and kept my $12. :ohwell: :yep:

So, by the time the challenge starts in Jan 08, I should be at solid neck length.

I would love in on this challenge too... I am 2 inches away in the back and about 3 inches away on the sides. I am hoping to be there by March or April of next year.

WHoot WhOOt! Two more people!:thumbsup::clap::dance7: Your name has been added to the list...HHG ladies!

Im new to this and i would like to join this challenge.

My regime would be to stay away from heat and to keep it braided up and to keep it moisturized. And when it comes to washing it i would give it a deep conditon and re-braid it.

Count me in.... My ultimate goal is Waist Length; but, in all honesty, I have to get to chin length first. I think full shoulder length in 2008 might be doable.:yep:

i want in!!!!

i just put braids in last night (singles) and I plan on keeping in until Mid-Jan...longer if i can. I will wash weekly and deep condition.

I'm hoping and a praying for ALL shoulder length by summer '08 may 2008.

i want in!!!!

i just put braids in last night (singles) and I plan on keeping in until Mid-Jan...longer if i can. I will wash weekly and deep condition.

I'm hoping and a praying for ALL shoulder length by summer '08 may 2008.

Welcome! Glad to have you!

count me in. My hair is layered, so some parts at my collar bone, but others are at my chin and the shortest sections are at my ears. I think I have 6 inches to go for those short pieces to reach my shoulders. I'll do the official measure sometime next month

lys

Back