Is it ok for your SO/DH to be friends.,,

Kinkyhairlady

With your friends on social media? I don't know how I feel about this even if they know each other they don't need to be friends on fb or Instagram. I would feel some kind of way if my man was friends with my female friends on social media and was liking their pics and comments but I see it all the time with other couples guess some don't care. Social media is just evil.

Personally, I never add my friends' SOs on social media unless I'm good friends with both members of the couple. I lived with one of my friends and her husband when we were in college, so I'm friends with him on FB, but he's the only one. I think friends should only know what you want them to know about your significant other and interact with him through you... not have 24/7 access to his digital life. That's just me though...

Personally, I never add my friends' SOs on social media unless I'm good friends with both members of the couple. I lived with one of my friends and her husband when we were in college, so I'm friends with him on FB, but he's the only one. I think friends should only know what you want them to know about your significant other and interact with him through you... not have 24/7 access to his digital life. That's just me though...

Exactly, not have access to them 24/7. I just can't get with that. Heck I would not even want my SO to be friends with my female cousins on fb it's just not necessary.

Dh and I have worked together for 3 years so we have a lot of mutual friends. I dont have a problem with it. I trust him and I wouldnt call a female a friend if I couldnt trust her. But I know where you r coming from. One of our mutual friends' husband used to like my pics a lot and would invite me to their house. It made me feel very uncomfortable. They arent together anymore because she found out that he was a serial cheater.

DH has Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram and I think tumblr. Social media is not the problem. People without boundaries is the problem.

I'm 100% secure in my relationship and I couldn't care less if DH "likes" photos or comments my friends post on Facebook. If I have to spend my day worrying about what photos he "likes" then I need to find a new man.

Last edited:
To me it is all about trust. If I don't trust my man or my friends they need not be in my circle.

I'm friends with Bff's hubby on fb. It started bc I used to play Mafia Wars and so does he. But, I view my friends SO/husbands as almost Eunuchs , once I know y'all go together: You might as well be a girl bcuz I don't see as a regular/eligible guy...Not taking away from his masculinity but it's like my bio brothers=I don't look at you like that.

Last edited:
My SO isn't friends with mine on FB yet. However, I am friends with many of my friends SO/hubby's on FB. I don't see the big deal. If you can't trust your friends then they shouldn't be your friends anyway.

Sent from my iPad mini mini.

I'm cautious with friends and social media. I had a run-in with one b/c of that.

I also know someone whose bff stole her hubby right underneath her chin. It was all types of messy.

Although I don't have a DH yet, for me I don't care if he's friends with my friends on FB, etc. because everyone is friends on FB, lol. But, irl, no. He can only be casual friends with my friends, definitely not hanging out just the two of them or anything like that...

One of my friends WAS friends with my SO on Facebook. It lasted about a day. I had to shut that down. This friend is known to be shady when it comes to other people's SOs. She's never donw anything to me personally, but she's told me about stuff she's done before. Her and my SO interacting for maybe an hour when we met up in Vegas. After such a short in-person meeting, I didn't see a reason why they should be FB friends.

I think it depends on the friend and/or SO.

Absolutely, I trust my friends and I trust DH. Besides, husbands and friends can betray you without social media.

I'm cautious with friends and social media. I had a run-in with one b/c of that. I also know someone whose bff stole her hubby right underneath her chin. It was all types of messy.

I had a friend try to steal a man long before social media so it's about character and trust more then anything else.

And honestly social media makes it more likely that interactions are public anyway so if anything weird behavior would be more likely to be detected.

No I don't mind. I have noticed that he never adds anyone unless I suggest them as friends though. I don't really do that unless they have met a few times and we plan to meet up again in the future.

He said his best friends SO (ex) added him once even though she hadn't even met him:look:. He sent her a message to say he's rejecting it at it didn't seem appropriate for her to be adding him lol.

I would definitely be bothered if he commented on their more sexy fb pics, or something :lol:. He does like pics of one of my BFFs dogs occasionally, but he's animal mad. :)

I have one of my close friends partners on there. He has liked a few of my "pretty" type selfies. I really don't think she cares because she likes it too. :lol: I tend to think that he is just saying "thats a nice picture of you" than anything else because he doesn't seem like that type and never comes onto me. They've been together a very long time, so I think that kind of insecurity is out of the window. I've liked a couple of his pics that she's taken of him too.

I don't have a SO and I'm not FB friends with my friend's SOs on FB and I don't see a need to be. If I'm friends with both individually then sure but if I'm only friends with one, then no. When I do have a SO, if I'm worried about what he is "liking" or who he is friends with on FB then I have no business being with him.:look::nono:

Ain't nobody got time for that!:nono:

ambergirl I see your point. It is very much subjective to character, but that is just not something I'm too keen on.

lisatamika Mine experience was somewhat similar to yours, only the offender searched for my SO having never met him, spoken to him, etc. Messaged him multiple times. But hr dont play those games. lol

Back