Is it hard for you guys to tell the difference...

tekmommie

between your natural hair and relaxed hair. I am trying to figure out what texture my hair is. After looking at a picture of what someone called a good 4. I'm thinking my hair is not a 4. Her texture looks nothing like mine. It is difficult to tell the difference between my virgin hair and relaxed. My new growth is very managable.
My hair is silkier and wavier/curlier looking, is very easy to make a part with my fingers. I can lay my new growth down with a comb...ummmmm what else can I tell you??

I saw that picture. Since your hair is silkier and has more waves, you're probably a 3b/3c mixture.

OH yeah here is the link...I found it on a post here.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/tsbarnett77/lst?.dir=/June2003+Hair+Photos&.view=t

Thanks Crysdon, I hate this whole thing about trying to figure out my texture, its making me
nuts.gif

It's been relaxed for more than 20 yrs...lol. However, I remember when everyone was getting a curl 20+ years ago, I just put the jheri curl juice in my hair and everyone thought I had a curl (I know some of y'all are like daaaaaaang, I wasn't even born then
shocked.gif
)

Tekmommie, I'm with u. Because she's a "good 4", then I'm lost. Listen to this, I've had "stylist" tell me that I'm "mostly a 4b with some 3c"... but after being on this board, I'm beginning to think that I'm a "3b/c" or "at least mostly a 3c with some 4a". Shoot, I don't know....
wallbash.gif
confused.gif
. I don't listen to stylists re: hair care, so why should I listen to their thoughts bout my type
ohwell.gif
. I think that i'm gonna remove my "4a/b" from my profile area until I find my "true hair self"
laugh.gif

Best wishes as u search for yours...
Peachtree

No, it isn't. If you have your shampoo day between touch-ups, your hair type is perhaps 3 (curly, not kinky as zigzag means bend).

Peachtree, I'm with you. I'm gonna remove mine also, til I find my true hairself...I love the way you put it
smile.gif

Lilydrake what does "If you have your shampoo day between touch-ups," mean??? Can you clarify for me please? I shampoo my hair every 3 days.

Back