Is He Being Fair?

Is he being fair?

• Yes. Give him some time. He wants it to work this time around.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No. I don't see why he can't continue talking to you during all of this.

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP, Do you think he is being fair to you? Why even question his motives at this point, I know that your have feelings are involved, I would keep it moving. Start dating, get a hobby, take care of yourself and stop worrying about where is head is right now. I know you want to know what's going on but sometimes we have to create closure for ourselves.

Girl this is straight bs. He knows he can string you along. You already gave him two tries. Cut your loses now why would you allow him to treat you this way again for a third time? You know he is not being fair.

GH-T959 using SGH-T959

When I heard this, I was hurt. I wondered if he was just copping out. I wondered why we were even talking again if he was just going to cut communication like that. I wondered why he couldn't put the past behind him as we continued to talk. I told him that I disagree with the therapist's advice, but that I would try to be supportive. He says that he hopes for this break to be temporary and productive so that our relationship can reach it's full potential.

Is he being fair?

If indeed he's being truthful about therapy, I say its a good thing for him to discuss past resentments/frutsrations with a professional before starting up with you again, with that said you should still live your life in case it doesnt pan out so you wont waste time waiting for something to happen. Better for you two to start with a clean slate, not one being ok and the other still being angry
Just dont get why he didnt do this BEFORE reaching out to you.

Exes are exes for a reason. He has done you a huge favor by not contacting you. Now you need to block his emails and telephone numbers and move on. This kind of guy can really mess with your head.

I have always regretted getting back with an ex.

Maybe i'm the lone skeptic in this thread but perhaps being back with you triggered what was an issue for him to begin with.

I wonder how volatile these arguments really were. I think it's easy to trivialize because of the gender dynamic, but I do know that people react to aggression differently, and women can be quite aggressive (breaking ish, throwing, slapping, talkin about your mama, etc).

The bottom line is that if he says he needs a break, give him one. Don't argue him out of his request because it makes you look disrespectful.

Just don't go back afterwards and if the arguments truly were that bad, consider it a fair time to get in deeper touch with yourself about why you participated in things escalating to that level.

But I could be wrong.

Yes and I think women are a bit better at manipulation (don't stone me ya'll) without even realizing it. I think it may in a way men don't even realize their being manipulated because it's sooooo covert. But really I think you should just give him space

there could be a therapist but I don't think they suggested anything...maybe the therapist did. Maybe in a session he realized he's confused and blamed everything on the arguments. Give him his space no questions asked and do what you feel in your gut.

Thanks everyone. I have an update on the first page. I'm really down right now.

Wow, I just read the update. :nono:

I know this is cliche as hell, but I promise you he did you a favor. He's been showing you what a punk a** he is all along and this just solidifies it.

I know it's way easier said then done, but try not to waste a lot of time wondering what his intentions were. It doesn't matter at this point. He showed who he really is, and that person is not the man for you.

:bighug:

Back