• sides

Votes: 145 31.7%
  • midback

Votes: 140 30.6%
  • none of the above / or it all grows at the same pace

Votes: 14 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My crown and sides grow faster than my nape. I wish it would hurry up and grow so I can practice my flat twists.:ohwell:

For the last six months or so my nape has gone BUCK wild and is growing way faster than the rest of my hair. The back of my hair went from neck length now it's below SL. The rest is almost not quite SL. I'm learning to love it.

The left side of my hair always grows faster than the right side. No matter what I do, it will not speed up.

My hair grows in layers.

Nape/back of my hair is longest. Front hair line is the shortest. Not necessarily short, but just shorter than the rest. I don't mind it though.

My sides, definitely. My right grows about an inch or two faster than my left. Good to know it isn't only me :look: . 100_0490-vi.jpg March/April straightened with my ends curled in.

100_0696-vi.jpg I decided to trim it after my relaxer, making my ends even (March/April).

100_1455.jpg Now!

Don't know whether to trim again or just let it keep doing this.

-----------------------------------------------------------

You might want toc lick on the photo's to make larger so you can see the difference in length.

My hair grows much faster in the back.. almost 50% faster. I didn't find out until I did the big chop, and three months later the back was touching my nape and the top/sides were still TWA...talk about a 'fro mullet....lol

*raises hand* This is why I cut my hair so often. :yep: the third pic in my siggy also shows why I never wear my hair straight and that's after a trim :lachen:

I voted for the crown and midback as my hair constantly grows into that "V" shape right at the back of my head while the sides grow a little slower. I try to massage them often so they can keep up though.

I voted for the crown and midback as my hair constantly grows into that "V" shape right at the back of my head while the sides grow a little slower. I try to massage them often so they can keep up though.

I'm crown and midback too!!! I want the V!!!:yep:

Sorry to hear that. I hope u find a solution for this , are u using growth aids in the nape area? Maybe it could use some extra protein back there. Could it be rubbing on your clothes too much? How often were u wearing it down?

Currently I'm using MT on my nape area and consistently bunning. I'm hoping that it's all growing out the same now. I figured that it was rubbing up against my clothes mostly since I was wearing it down everyday. I know in May I cut the tails to make them even with the back and have been wearing protective styles and rollersets all summer so I hope its all even still. Especially considering that when I last stretched one of my tails it was APL, I hope the rest of my hair is that length too. I'll keep you updated on how it works out. Thanks.

Last edited:
My crown grows the slowest while the hairline and about 3 inches into it grows very fast. I'm so uneven, it's CRAZY!

My sides and the hair in the back of my head grow much faster than my crown. The front of my hair grows at a snail's pace.

I prefer layers, so I won't be cutting anything. :look:

My crown is growing in slowly, but midback is an inverted V. I refuse to cut. I am waiting on APL...

I think...

arg my nape is growing in and the back of my hair will prolly reach wl in some months if i be good
but the crown will probably take until 2010 to reach wl

My hair grows fast in the front. I have two different textures in my head and in the front the curl pattern is much tighter than anywhere else on my head and it grows twice the rate of the rest of my hair. :ohwell:

My nape area grows superfast. And for some reason the right side of my hair always grows faster than the left.

The sides grow really fast. The sides are APL and the back is shoulder length. It's so odd that the sides are longer because I always seem to have more new growth in the back.

my whole left half grows faster, and im a sucker for symmetry, so it wracks my nerves. i trim it all even every other touch up

oh yeah the back grows fast too. so w/out trims i'd had a lopsided v-shape

Last edited:
You have no idea. My head has a psychizophrenic growth. It grows faster on the left side by DOUBLE and the left side is mostly 3c (always has been) where the right is 4a (which is why I always braid or flat iron. It just looks stupid down because one half has way more shrinkage than the other). So I always have to chop way more when I do trim my hair that side. (and it's not because it appears longer, if I flat iron it is always longer) And no it's not retaining. (I retain growth on both sides but the left just grows double even in protective styles) That side grows so fast people on this site would say it's impossible...then of course the front is super slow compared.

Back