IReview ....'ve gone Indian with my oils.

sterry

IReview ....\'ve gone Indian with my oils.

hey Ladies,

Looiking at picture of some beautiful Indian hair girls, I've often wondered what they have used.
Yes, alot has to do with heredity, but there is always some type of up keep.
So I have done some research and have been using the following products for a month now.

Dabur Vatika hair oil. This stuff smells. It is worst than wild growth oil. But unlike wild growth oil it is meant as an conditioning treatment and then rinsed out.
It is an intensive conditioning treatment which nourishes your hair form roots to tips. It does a great job of leaving soft, bouncy hair and less frizzy. Great for curly hair girls.
After use if you blow dry hair is incrediablely soft and swings.
It is a Coconut oil base,with Henna, Amla, milk and lemon.
cost $3.99 (2 thumbs up)

Keo Karpin Hair oil, though this contain mineral oil it is not drying at all. I use this mostly for a beautiful floral scent between washing. The smell is sweet and flowery and last until my next wash.
$3.99 (2 thumbs up)

Bhringraji Oil dark sesame oil that penetrates the scalp, strengthens hair and stimulates hair growth.
I have use this for overnight conditioning treatments. It smells as if I have a bowl of Chinese food on my hair, but it helps stop any breakage I have. (1 thumb Up)
Summary I will invest in the Dabur Vatika hair oil again.
I can bare the smell for at least a conditioning treatment.

But the other two I will not invest in. I will stick with my essential oils and definetly the EMU!

Re: IReview ....\'ve gone Indian with my oils.

[ QUOTE ]
sterry said:
hey Ladies,

It smells as if I have a bowl of Chinese food on my hair, but it helps stop any breakage I have. (1 thumb Up)

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But isn't that all that matters?!?
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dabur Vatika hair oil. This stuff smells. It is worst than wild growth oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Vatika, too. I slept in it last night because everything is shut down around here because of the weather. I think it smells like beer.
cool.gif
If you hate Vatika, stay far away from the Dabur Amla Hair Oil! That stuff is pungent like a ****.
laugh.gif

I can't stand the smell of Vatika but it's a great hair strengthener. I'm glad you like it. You may also like Dabur Jasmine hair oil.

has anyone used the coconut oil? I can not find it in my area and the prices seem very good. 16.9 ounces for 3.99. How is the shipping?

I've used Dabur Vatika Hair Oil. I got it from a hair buddy (
wave.gif
) .

I've used the Parachute brand coconut oil. It's ok, but when I use plain coconut oil I prefer Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil or Nature's Wild Child Virgin Oil de Coco. Monoi is good, too.
smile.gif

Hey thanks Boadicea for the site. I didn't even know there was a Indian store on the same street that I live on.

I use the Vatika oil, but I don't rinse it out when I use it. I don't hink the smell is that bad ... maybe I should go and get my nose checked out!

Ballet BUn ...
driver.gif

I like Indian oils too. One that I used for a very long time was bindi oil and it was a blend. It contained bhrainji (sp?), amla, brahmi, and I can't rmbr what else...

Also I can rmbr when I was a very little girl they would brush my hair with hibiscus oil. It smelled like candy. I'm still not sure how she made it, it was kinda solid even like a wax pomade maybe but it was melty. What a happy memory!

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
has anyone used the coconut oil? I can not find it in my area and the prices seem very good. 16.9 ounces for 3.99. How is the shipping?

[/ QUOTE ]

which website are you going to? thanks

is Dabur Amla Hair Oil the same as Dabur Vatika hair oil ? thanks

Amla and Vatika are different. Check out dabur.com and click on the hair products tab for more info. The exports tab shows all the products they sell.
smile.gif

Dabur has a wonderful line of products. I learned about them a month or so ago from a friend of mine.
smile.gif

ballet_bun They don't smell bad to me either.
wink.gif

And click on the media tab and watch the commericlas for the hair products. Those women make Pantene models look like a James Brown mugshot.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
I went to this website Shop India

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, I'm slow. I can't find the Dabur Vatika oil. Will you post a direct link?
thanks

Ishopindian doesn't sell Vatika Hair Oil. Try qualityspices.com or an Indian grocery store.

Thanks for the reviews and links. I will be ordering some of these Indian hair oils (and shampoo) soon
smile.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

Back