Ion Steam Pro Staightening Brush

so I have to get filtered water for it?idk why that pisses me off. can't i use tap water lol?

Lol.

Make sure you use distilled water. I think a gallon is like a dollar or something. I read a review about someone who used tap water and ruined hers. Not the business.

It uses so little water per straightening session that the gallon will last you forever if you use the distilled water solely for the iron.

I'm getting cold feet. I'm ready to return it before I've even received it.
I remembered that my hair seems more susceptible to mechanical damage than to heat damage. I do enough with the flat iron and back when I got blow outs my hair was crap.
I'm afraid of the friction.
Try a small section in the back!
I still haven't used it yet. I don't know why I won't... I did all of that prep work on DD's hair just to slap it up in a puff... I gotta get that puff out before her ends take a beating!

My hair has reverted. :smile:

It's super frizzy though!

WP_20170928_019.jpg

I'm currently doing a Komaza Care Protein Hair Strengthener treatment. I'll follow up with a SM Manuka Honey Masque deep conditioning session.

Lord willing and if I remember, I'll post additional pictures later. I just wanted to quickly let thread readers and/or those considering the tool know: So far so good.

My hair has reverted. :smile:

It's super frizzy though!

View attachment 412159

I'm currently doing a Komaza Care Protein Hair Strengthener treatment. I'll follow up with a SM Manuka Honey Masque deep conditioning session.

Lord willing and if I remember, I'll post additional pictures later. I just wanted to quickly let thread readers and/or those considering the tool know: So far so good.
Is this what your normal texture looks like? I want to try but I don't want to risk my curls.

Is this what your normal texture looks like? I want to try but I don't want to risk my curls.

It is what my normal curls look like, except my normal curls are less frizzy.

If you give me a day, though, I can post a pick of my hair after the protein treatment and DC I'm now doing, and I can post a shot of my hair before I ever straightened it -- for comparison.

That way you can see what my hair looks like curly before I ever had the tool and what it looks like once I used the tool and washed it and let it get curly again.

It is what my normal curls look like, except my normal curls are less frizzy.

If you give me a day, though, I can post a pick of my hair after the protein treatment and DC I'm now doing, and I can post a shot of my hair before I ever straightened it -- for comparison.

That way you can see what my hair looks like curly before I ever had the tool and what it looks like once I used the tool and washed it and let it get curly again.
Thanks so much!

i just thought about this and im afraid of it lol. im afraid i'll like it and end up with chewed up hair. i had a setback last year that took me a long time to grow out and i do not want to go through that again esp since my hair is thriving right now.
ugh what a dilemma. maybe ill just use it for the back only. The front/sides are more delicate and breakage prone.
or let's hope I don't like it at all :lol:

I've never used a code in-store. Do you need an actual coupon or one of their mailers? Or you just told them the code?
@Black Ambrosia

I had the coupon with the code on my phone. But I posted the code for those who were asking upthread. Though I have used just the code at my local Sally's without a problem because they all know me very well:lachen:

Ya'll are so scared lol. Start off with the lowest temp, 375, if you are afraid. I know you guys use heat protectant so you should be fine. I also do a protein treatment and dc before and after I use heat. I didn't have any issues but my strands are coarse so if you have fine hair and are afraid go with your intuition.

Ya'll are so scared lol. Start off with the lowest temp, 375, if you are afraid. I know you guys use heat protectant so you should be fine. I also do a protein treatment and dc before and after I use heat. I didn't have any issues but my strands are coarse so if you have fine hair and are afraid go with your intuition.

I was about to ask if anyone with thick/coarse hair used this. I only use heat twice since becoming natural just to trim my ends but I figured maybe try this out since I hate blow drying my hair.

wait 375 is the lowest temp? are there plates that make contact with the hair?
I think I flat iron at 370 normally for my upper to mid shafts then i go back over at 300-320 or so for my ends.

Got mine in the mail yesterday, going to attempt to use this Saturday. This will be my first time straightening my hair in the 4 years I've been natural. I super nervous. I'm still trying to decide what leave in to use that won't weigh down my hair. And of course a heat protectant.

wait 375 is the lowest temp? are there plates that make contact with the hair?
I think I flat iron at 370 normally for my upper to mid shafts then i go back over at 300-320 or so for my ends.

Yeah, the lowest temp is 375. I normally flat iron on 370-375. If you feel like it's going to damage your hair, return it. You know your hair and everything ain't for everybody.

ETA: There are thick bristles not really plates.

Last edited:
I was about to ask if anyone with thick/coarse hair used this. I only use heat twice since becoming natural just to trim my ends but I figured maybe try this out since I hate blow drying my hair.

My hair isn't thick but my individual strands are which gives me the appearance of having thick hair.

Using the brush is definitely better than blow drying for me.

I'm so tempted to use mine this weekend. I'm not promising anything, but for clarification... you use it on wet hair and it dries? Or you stretch your dry hair?

I've told myself I wasn't doing anything until December-January, but the itch needs to be scratched....

I want to see some pics.

Everybody is scared. I'm just lazy. My hair is so short, I'm thinking it will just be a waste of time. I was thinking once, done, I would attempt my curl formers again, or maybe do a twist out. IDK

I'm so tempted to use mine this weekend. I'm not promising anything, but for clarification... you use it on wet hair and it dries? Or you stretch your dry hair?

I've told myself I wasn't doing anything until December-January, but the itch needs to be scratched....

I want to see some pics.

Everybody is scared. I'm just lazy. My hair is so short, I'm thinking it will just be a waste of time. I was thinking once, done, I would attempt my curl formers again, or maybe do a twist out. IDK

I would air dry in twists first then use it. The last time I straightened my hair was in June to trim. Idk when I’ll use it but if I do I’ll post a pic. Honestly, my flat ironed hair always looks like a blow out so that’s exactly what I’m expecting.

Back