Ion Steam Pro Staightening Brush

@Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold 375 was way too hot for my hair and I have a combo of fine and thick strands. 340 still scared me a bit. 310 is probably the right setting for my fine sections and 340 for the thicker sections.

@tapioca_pudding I agree this is a great tool to reduce the amount of heat on the hair. Every time I tired to straighten in the past I stopped at blow drying because I didn't want to use two sources of heat and up my chances of heat damage.

I honestly see zero benefits of this over a flat iron. if your hair is fine you probably won't like it.
i have kind of a lot of hair but it's on the fine side. it doesn't have a dense thickness to it, its like fairy hair lol.. and this just tugs on it. it's too heavy. it actually ripped hairs out.

It also seemed hella hot for 375. when i use my flat iron at 370 it seems less hot somehow. could be my imagination.
My same issues as well. My strands of is mixture of fine and medium mostly and I found this iron/straightening brush too harsh on my hair. I received some breakage, the iron/brush heavy to use, was not able to get to my roots, and my hair frizzed up. The iron/brush is going back.

Well dang. I received the iron yesterday but I haven’t opened it yet or anything. I was thinking if I don’t like it I’d send it to my mom. In contrast to me, she has very fine /low density hair. So reading these reviews from you fine haired ladies have me like :confused:. I don’t live close to a Sally’s either smh.

Can any of you ladies compare this to the straightening brush?

I bought the Applaus (?) brush on the strength of LHCF 2 years ago. It's okay.....

My review is...
tenor.gif

It pulls my hair out, is heavy and is totally not worth it to me. Not a single benefit over a nice lightweight FHI flat iron . It's going back.
I honestly see zero benefits of this over a flat iron. if your hair is fine you probably won't like it.
i have kind of a lot of hair but it's on the fine side. it doesn't have a dense thickness to it, its like fairy hair lol.. and this just tugs on it. it's too heavy. it actually ripped hairs out.

It also seemed hella hot for 375. when i use my flat iron at 370 it seems less hot somehow. could be my imagination.

I'm sorry I forgot to tag @werenumber2
this is the verdict for me...

The benefit of using the brush for me are the moisturizing effect and the fact that I can straighten my hair with one tool. I don't care about my roots getting straight. There are times when I just want stretched hair without the fuss or flat ironing. If I had fine strands, I might feel differently about using this particular tool. I had no issues with it, only benefits. It didn't rip my hair out because I made sure my hair was detangled first.

See, I can't comb my hair dry. I can't imagine running a brush through it dry without causing a bunch of breakage. Even if I detangle when wet with a fine tooth comb, my dry hair will just snag. Anyone with this same predicament use this brush? I just don't see how.

See, I can't comb my hair dry. I can't imagine running a brush through it dry without causing a bunch of breakage. Even if I detangle when wet with a fine tooth comb, my dry hair will just snag. Anyone with this same predicament use this brush? I just don't see how.

*raises hand*

Me. There is NO WAY -- NO WAY -- I could ever get a tool like this through my dry hair, no matter how fine a comb I used to detangle previously.

I was able to use it on detangled, damp hair . . . by holding a section out by the ends and pulling the brush down through the section that way.

I haven't figured out how to straighten my roots with this thing (as can be seen from the pics above). However, like @grownwomanaz, I don't need that at the moment (maybe later). At the moment my goal in straightening is to prevent SSKs, aid in styling, etc.

I bought one and tried it this morning. I like it. It's faster than my flat iron and my hair is just as straight. My ends turned out better and my hair isn't dry. I had the same breakage as when I flat iron. I was able to straighten, search and destroy and roll my hair with 10 perm rods in 1 hour

I cowashed and applied my leave in. I did about 15 to 20 braids. Most of my braids were dry but some were damp. I didn't bother trying to stretch it more.

The top of the picture is what I was working with and the bottom is the back piece I straightened.

I straightened on 340 with 2 passes.

I care. How'd it turn out?
Hey! :wavey: I totally forgot to update :wallbash:

So I used the tool on dry hair and I MUCH prefer it this way. I LOOOOVE the leave in, my shine is ridiculous. Here is a quick video; ignore the sound of DH watching football in the bedroom :lol: I did two passes, and kind of a half of a pass because a section of hair came out of the tool so I had to go back over it.

I know this is LHCF and we notice errythang about a video except what the actual video is about, so don't come for me about NOTHIN! :lachen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4d5uz8glw1l56e/VID_20171008_193640~3.mp4?dl=0

Finished section:
5258fd95-46ef-4b75-a219-f83c51062bf7_zpsu4zqfegn.jpg

I don't pay too much attention to my edges and nape getting super sleek. Normally when I wrap my hair afterwards, it will flatten those areas (think: silkwrap). I wound up not doing wand curls but I just added a few flips to my bang area and wore the rest in a high ponytail, which I didnt photo.

Still a winner for me.... not sure if Ill use it every week but at least bi weekly. Still keeping my eyes open for any issues of course.

Hey! :wavey: I totally forgot to update :wallbash:

So I used the tool on dry hair and I MUCH prefer it this way. I LOOOOVE the leave in, my shine is ridiculous. Here is a quick video; ignore the sound of DH watching football in the bedroom :lol: I did two passes, and kind of a half of a pass because a section of hair came out of the tool so I had to go back over it.

I know this is LHCF and we notice errythang about a video except what the actual video is about, so don't come for me about NOTHIN! :lachen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4d5uz8glw1l56e/VID_20171008_193640~3.mp4?dl=0

Finished section:

I don't pay too much attention to my edges and nape getting super sleek. Normally when I wrap my hair afterwards, it will flatten those areas (think: silkwrap). I wound up not doing wand curls but I just added a few flips to my bang area and wore the rest in a high ponytail, which I didnt photo.

Still a winner for me.... not sure if Ill use it every week but at least bi weekly. Still keeping my eyes open for any issues of course.

Yeeeesss! Super silky. I'm going to use the brush on 340 and flat iron after. I expect my hair to be silky and swangin' too lol. Thanks for the video.

Yeeeesss! Super silky. I'm going to use the brush on 340 and flat iron after. I expect my hair to be silky and swangin' too lol. Thanks for the video.
That leave in is a mf'in winner, okay?!? That was all I used on my wet hair and I love the results. Cannot thank you enough for sharing.

I use the brush on 405 (I think, whatever the first "4" increment is) and I dont need to flat iron afterwards. Love it.

That leave in is a mf'in winner, okay?!? That was all I used on my wet hair and I love the results. Cannot thank you enough for sharing.

I use the brush on 405 (I think, whatever the first "4" increment is) and I dont need to flat iron afterwards. Love it.

Just to clarify, which leave-in is this? The Aphogee in the pink bottle? TIA!

Back