Introduce Yourself Here

I'm a newbie too, trying to achieve shoulder length/APL hair that is shiny, thick and healthy:D . My regimen includes pre-pooing once a week, deep conditioning every month, shampooing and conditioning once a week, using leave-in conditioners every day and moisturizing every day aswell. I have three to four different textures in my hair and I am extremely thankful to all the veterans for all the great advice. :)

Ok I just realized how rude I am. I have been all through the LHCF house, sitting down and chit chatting with folks and havent formally introduced myself...(my mom and aunts would have a fit if they knew lol).

I am Stephanie, Detroit, I was wearing a haLlf wig forever bc it was just easier to look 'fabulous'. I washed my hair a few weeks ago and decided to straighten it...I have a lil hair! I want to grow it long like my stinky sisters' (waist length). I like it here and I know I found the right place. I started a fotki but I still need to get it all cute and stuff...

Last edited:
Hi all. I've been lurking forever, and finally joined a few weeks ago. I've been all over the site and haven't formally introduced myself either!

I'm Tasha from NY currently living in Laurel, MD. I'm 4b relaxed, and growing out a full-head blonde dye job. I love the color, but it's too much work to maintain hair health with that kind of drying color :( . I just cut about 3 inches off (now I'm just below chin length) so I'm starting fresh with healthy ends. Hope to acheive APL in 18 months, and BSL in 24--I'm being cautiously optimistic.

Anyway, glad to meet you all!

Hi I'm newbie. I from Benton Harbor Michigan. I currently reside in Los Angeles. I think I have natural 3c/4a BSL hair. I post pics soon and I let you guys be the judge. I've been lurking since September! I want to obtain thick, healthy, split end free, and shiny black MBL hair! My regimen for the last month has been; Co wash once a week and deep condition after every co wash until hair has achieved desired moisture level thereafter twice a month. I put leave-in conditioner and seal with an oil after every Co-wash. I only shampoo only if I'm going to wear my hair down, and that like only 3 times a year. I am trying to make a habit of doing henna treament twice a month until desired strenght, thereafter only as needed. I'm still searching for my holy grail products:confused: .

I am so grateful for you ladies!

Newbie Here!

I'm 24 from Brooklyn,NY. I've lurked in the hair care boards for months. :)
I'm still not sure what my texture is. I guess this is the last chance I'm giving my hair before I decide to wear wigs and braids forever.

Hey Ladies
I'm a happy Queens, NY newbie and very excited in joining a diverse group of beautiful women. I don't mean to be fast but I don't want to become too relaxed and lurk around for too long. I thank my LHCF sista for referring me to this site. Without the referral, I would not have known just the little bit I've learned such as pre-poos. and vitamins which are good for hair care. I have some work to do when it comes to my overall health and I'm glad that I can utilize this site for realistic tips and advice.

Hello everyone,

I've been a long time lurker on LHCF, and I finally subscribed. I'm a college student from miami,florida, and I'm so excited about now being able to post.:)

Hello I'm another newbie justing saying hi to everyone. I've been lurking for a long time but I've decided to join b/c i need some help.

I am really not new here, just to the whole subscription process, I have been lurking on here for a month now and i decided to subscribe since I visit this site everyday:lol:. Anywho, i just wanted to say hey to everyone, and look forward to learning much from you lovely ladies

Hello Ladies,

I'm new newbie here and I would like to say hello. I am a native of California with major hair woes. In july I had fusion extensions done to my hair and when I removed them in september well to my surprise not only did the extensions come out so did my hair. As of Sept.15 I started the journey to grow my hair back. It is thin and broken off the condition of my hair is getting better. So far I have cut off at least 4in. or more I plan on cutting a little at a time as it grows. I hope to learn as much as I can from you knowledgable ladies.

Hello everyone,

I just joined yesterday. I'm very happy to find this forum so I can discuss the topic of African American women hair growth. My goal is to get to waist length. I'm excited to be apart of this community and will look foward in posting soon.

Happy Hair Growing!!! :) :) :)

Hi everyone,

I'm 30 and I live in Atlanta, GA. I too am new here; I'm really excited to learn more about growing long healthy hair.

Hi. I'm new here and am learning so much new information. I transitioned for 6 months and did the BC in April of this year. My natural hair is about 4.5-5 inches long. My daughter's hair is relaxed and about mid-back length. I am learning tips to help both our hair grow. Looking forward to learning even more!!!!

:D Hello ladies, I just want to introduce myself. I've been lurking for over 2 years. I decided that is was time to join. I'm apl ever since last Thursday when I got a trim.

Hi, I just joined the forum today and so far have learned a lot! I'm from New Jersey and am interested in growing long hair.

Hi I'm Valerie :) , I just joined today but I been lurking for about 2 years maybe longer, I trying to get to bsl and I am almost there, I love this site and I tell everybody bout it, I have learned so much here. I think every women should refer to it to learn proper haircare techniques.

Hi my name is reena Ive been lurking like everyone else, for about a year and a half. I ve decided to take better care of my hair, my niece, and my brother's hair too.:p :p

Hello all,
I'm Rashaun I've been lurking about a week or so now and I've learned so much in that short time and just had to join. My goal 1st is APL by the end of 2007 hopefully:eek: Currently right above SL I think but really damaged.

Hi, my name is Jacqueline. I have been a "ghost" member of LHCF for a little over a year. I decided to officially get serious about my haircare on October 8, 2006. I love coming to LHCF and I truly appreciate all of the advice given by the members. I am committed to accomplishing my haircare goals and with all of your help, I know I will. I also look forward to acquiring new friends.

Hi !
As you see, I'm quite new, but I've been lurking here for the past hmm 5 years. I'm lazy with my hair and it's time for me to have healty hair :). I'm not focusing on length too much.

I'm natural and I have so much problems with my ends due to too much braiding and an **** so-called stylist who destroyed my hair:mad: . I've cut like 4 inches of hair this summer but my ends are still splitting and all tangled-up and I'm not proud of that.

Hopefully, I'll get to know you :)

They're some pics in my album, not so good quality. I have a good digital camera but I was too lazy to take it:D . Look there and you'll see what I'm talking about with my hair...

And if you're from Montreal, PLEASE hit me :D

Cassandre

Back