Inspired by Sylver2 -- The Long-Term Stretch Challenge

31 weeks post ladies, 8 more weeks to go.:grin::grin::grin:

ETA: keep me honest Mummysgirl, I removed my ticker so I counted the weeks by hand with a calendar.......

Last edited:
8 weeks post! I'm enjoying this but i'm feeling an urge to retouch at 12 weeks as opposed to the original 26 weeks. I feel like i should get braids or something to stretch longer but i'm scared of a stylist ripping my ng out! So i'm going to have to half wig it a bit longer!

I am currently 16 weeks post. I don't have the urge to relax YET but ill be going back into twists like august 8th and ill be twisting till december so I guess I won't get the urge until dec when I'm like 8-9 months post relaxer.what I am feeling however is that I miss my hair. I was in twists and after the first 3 weeks of being in extensions I was so sad... I had my twists in for 2 months and I just recently took them out & I keep cowashing/deep conditioning since I've missed it but I know that if I leave it out ill relax soon, ;(
Oh the drama...lol

Been watching this thread and never said anything... My last relaxer was April 26th and so this weekend will make a 14 month stretch for me...

I am thinking of getting some braids or twists or something to help me out... LAWD knows I am hoping that this stretching thing really works... I need to see BSL when I'm finished with this.

I am not really wanting to touch up as bad as my husband wants, but you know how men are and all brainwashed, he wants BONE STRAIGHT HAIR and I ain't givin in just yet!

Somebody tell me though, how in the WORLD do you get the little curly ng to lay down when you bun or ponytail? I'm 3c/4a/4b and I just can't figure it out?

Hi, I'm new to the challenge. I'll be 6 weeks post on Monday but stretched for 17 weeks prior to my last relaxer (even though I just joined the board a month ago...so I really didn't realize I was actually "strectching" relaxers these last few years :) ). I'm shooting for atleast a 6 month stretch but am considering transitioning.

Last edited:
Been watching this thread and never said anything... My last relaxer was April 26th and so this weekend will make a 14 month stretch for me...

I am thinking of getting some braids or twists or something to help me out... LAWD knows I am hoping that this stretching thing really works... I need to see BSL when I'm finished with this.

I am not really wanting to touch up as bad as my husband wants, but you know how men are and all brainwashed, he wants BONE STRAIGHT HAIR and I ain't givin in just yet!

Somebody tell me though, how in the WORLD do you get the little curly ng to lay down when you bun or ponytail? I'm 3c/4a/4b and I just can't figure it out?

Do you mean a 14 week stretch? Or, have you been relaxer free since April 26, 2008? If so, are you transitioning?

I get mine to lay down using the air dry scarf method. After cowashing I add PM The Conditioner, and tie my scarf around my edges. This works best for me, and if I'm in a hurry, I also use L.A. Looks pink get, I think it says waves or curls, but it doesn't cause my hair to dry out and works pretty well too.

I have about about a month to go! I can not wait to relax! This has been a journey. I kept my hair in braids majority of the time and will keep them in 4 cornrows throughout the rest of this stretch. I cant wait to see how much I gained from this.

I really think my hair is messing with my mind at this point. I'm always touching my NG, well I had a nightmare.....

In my dream i was messing with my NG when I removed my hand from my hair an entire plug came right out with my hand. In the dream I nervously began to touch my hair in different sections and each time I lost a plug of hair. When I woke up I was very nervous it seemed so real.

Creamy Crack----stay back.....I'm trying to make it 7 more weeks........

Last edited:
Hi everyone! After seeing this thread back in May (3 months post) I decided to stretch to six months, which ends August 15th. I usually relax every three months and have never attempted to go longer.

I couldn't resist the urge any longer, I relaxed last night. This was the longest stretch I ever did (19 weeks) and it wasn't as hard as I thought. I could have stretched longer but I wanted nice sleek, straight hair again. Good luck to all the ladies that are still in the challenge.

Well i'll be 16 weeks next Wednesday and i'm not quite sure how i'm going to make it to OCT 14th. I screwed myself by doing a half a** job at detangling on my last deep con and now I feel like it's starting to matt. :( I'm scared to go in and really detangle becuase I know it's going to be a fight. LOL My hair can be very defiant and strong willed. I realized yesterday that I probably should have done smaller sections over the course of my stretch and really taken my time to detangle, but I got lazy and tried to detangle all together. Wish me luck everyone i'm going in tonight and doing a FULL detangle. Not sure if i'll make it out alive becuase I know i'm going to wake up my sleeping giant.

Good Luck twin!

Loads of conditioner (moisturising) and like you said, get smaller sections.... also finger comb while rinsing out your conditioner.

Let's know how it goes.
Well i'll be 16 weeks next Wednesday and i'm not quite sure how i'm going to make it to OCT 14th. I screwed myself by doing a half a** job at detangling on my last deep con and now I feel like it's starting to matt. :( I'm scared to go in and really detangle becuase I know it's going to be a fight. LOL My hair can be very defiant and strong willed. I realized yesterday that I probably should have done smaller sections over the course of my stretch and really taken my time to detangle, but I got lazy and tried to detangle all together. Wish me luck everyone i'm going in tonight and doing a FULL detangle. Not sure if i'll make it out alive becuase I know i'm going to wake up my sleeping giant.

Try this method:

3 Tbs of Epsom Salt
3 Tbs of a moisturizing deep conditioner - could be Pantene Relaxed & Natural Hair Conditioning Mask, Tresemme Remoisturize with B5, Mizani Moisturefuse, KeraCare Humecto, etc...

Mix them togther, put in the microwave, heat for 30 seconds, apply to your new growth area first then the rest of your hair. Put on a plastic cap and keep it on for 30 minutes with heat if you like. Detangle with a detangling comb, then wash it out. For even better softening results try adding some evoo to the mix before putting in the microwave oven.

I really hope this helps you out a little.

OK, so I'll be 16 weeks on Saturday, and my plan was to relax, but I'm toying with the idea of stretching it out a little longer. If I do, I'm going to have to do something different. Seems like I'll sort of have the new growth under control with the buns one day, and then, not the next. So, I'd like to try a braidout. I'm going to first deep condition using Aggie's conditioner/salt/microwave suggetstion using Hariveda's Sitrinilla DC, then attempt to cornrow and airdry over night. We'll see how it goes. If it turns out ok, I'll consider stretching longer than Saturday (though I do need to master the new growth in bun thing, because I'd like to mostly bun until I'm at APL).

Note: I'm getting home late tonight, so I may not feel like doing this when I do, but since I'm writing it out on here, I'll hopefully feel obligated to do it tomorrow if I don't tonight.

I'm 32 weeks as of last Friday. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. Pre pooing with my ORS Hair mayonnaise has been a life saver!

I'm actually thinking about stretching for a yr my last stretch was for six months and i loved the results so im thinking i should stretch until the second week in june and do braid outs or something coz i don't wanna str8en my roots this time, dnt kno how ima make it that way esp since im about 6-7 wks post and my new growth is noticeable

I officially decided to transition on July 25th. I am 6 weeks post this week. I'm hoping to transition for 1-2 years.

I will be 19 wks this saturday and that is the day I will (hopefully) braid my hair so it will stay braided (with redo's throughout) until I come back from Disney in September at least.

I am currently pushing 31 weeks this friday. I will be taking my hair out of my braids to detangle, DC and let her breathe for a week. I have an event to go to on next saturday that I get to be the MC for. I figured with all this new growth I have I may as well take it out and let it breathe then put fresh new braids in. I kinda miss my hair but it has been africa hot here lately so I don't miss it that much.

Note to self: need more hair....

I officially decided to transition on July 25th. I am 6 weeks post this week. I'm hoping to transition for 1-2 years.

Me too Shay but not to natural, but to texlaxed. I am trying to transition for the same amount of time as you:yep:.

Traveling, but oiling every night with Amla AV mixture. Will prepoo tomorrow night with Shikakai and shampoo amla/Kt/henna paste overnight once I get home.

Back