Inspired by Sylver2 -- The Long-Term Stretch Challenge

I am trying to stretch till December and I am about 13 weeks post. My main reason for stretching is because I overprocessed my hair last time and I also have a bald spot that I am trying to nurse back to health. There is hair coming in now but I need to baby it until its strong enough.
I am using braids and half wigs to stretch. I have sworn off sew-ins for now. I had a bad experience.

be careful with the braids. U do not want to put any type of pressure on your scalp/hair.

I will be officially 14 weeks this wednesday and i'm struggling ya'll! It's getting harder and harder to get my ends to lay flat. I have a lot of shedding after doing a deep con yesterday, more than normal. Although, I think it's because I skipped my regular deep con and detangle due to being lazy. My hair was mad at me, lol. I was thinking of texlaxing this weekend, not sure. I'm starting to feel defeated...I need some motivation. Does anyone know of a really good conditioner or moisturizer that can soften my new growth and get it to make it easier to detangle? I have to detangle because once I went without and had hell to pay when I tried to texlax. I couldn't get the relaxer directly on my new growth because it was too tangled. Any answers out there? I'm 4A/B

Approximately 8 months post.:superbanana:

AfroDetangler works for me to moisturize and stop breakage.

KBB butter for twists and bantus when I am not doing Wash and Go.

Doing baggie method as well.

Using AO White Camellia Conditoner for both deep conditioner and CO wash.

Keeping things pretty simple now and so far it's working.

I am currently 23 weeks and 2 days post my last relaxer and still going strong myself. 29 more weeks left to go.
I can't believe I'm toying with the idea of stretching for 20 months now. At first it was for 8 months, then 12 and now 20 months. Reason being I will be 42 in that time and would like to expose it then. I plan on keeping it in hiding for that long too IF I decide to stretch that long:look::ohwell:.
42??!! :shocked: Wow, you look great Aggers!!!

:lachen:yall im ready to touch up..i swear since i started taking all these vitamins/supplements my hair has growin like crazy. im only 3 months but it feels like im 6 months and its never been like that. I got 2 BIG events this weekend and next weekend. Im thinking about a blowout instead though.
Sooooo.... What vitamins are you taking? :grin:

Approximately 8 months post.:superbanana:

AfroDetangler works for me to moisturize and stop breakage.

KBB butter for twists and bantus when I am not doing Wash and Go.

Doing baggie method as well.

Using AO White Camellia Conditoner for both deep conditioner and CO wash.

Keeping things pretty simple now and so far it's working.

8 months? That's wonderful Mrs BHF.

I will be officially 14 weeks this wednesday and i'm struggling ya'll! It's getting harder and harder to get my ends to lay flat. I have a lot of shedding after doing a deep con yesterday, more than normal. Although, I think it's because I skipped my regular deep con and detangle due to being lazy. My hair was mad at me, lol. I was thinking of texlaxing this weekend, not sure. I'm starting to feel defeated...I need some motivation. Does anyone know of a really good conditioner or moisturizer that can soften my new growth and get it to make it easier to detangle? I have to detangle because once I went without and had hell to pay when I tried to texlax. I couldn't get the relaxer directly on my new growth because it was too tangled. Any answers out there? I'm 4A/B
Victoria's Secret So Sexy Conditioner :yay:

Alright, I'm bout to lose my mind. I was thinking I was 10 or 11 weeks post and I'm only 9!!! :pullhair:

I was undeprocessed last time I relaxed, so I look like I'm 12 weeks post and these vitamins aren't helping the situation. The ng in my crown is so thick, dense and dryyyy.

How on earf am I gonna make it 6 months? I can't do braids because my hair is way too fragile right now. Sigh. What is I'm gon do? :lol:

Try this method:

3 Tbs of Epsom Salt
3 Tbs of a moisturizing deep conditioner - could be Pantene Relaxed & Natural Hair Conditioning Mask, Tresemme Remoisturize with B5, Mizani Moisturefuse, KeraCare Humecto, etc...

Mix them togther, put in the microwave, heat for 30 seconds, apply to your new growth area first then the rest of your hair. Put on a plastic cap and keep it on for 30 minutes with heat if you like. Detangle with a detangling comb, then wash it out. For even better softening results try adding some evoo to the mix before putting in the microwave oven.

I really hope this helps you out a little.

Alright, I'm bout to lose my mind. I was thinking I was 10 or 11 weeks post and I'm only 9!!! :pullhair:

I was undeprocessed last time I relaxed, so I look like I'm 12 weeks post and these vitamins aren't helping the situation. The ng in my crown is so thick, dense and dryyyy.

How on earf am I gonna make it 6 months? I can't do braids because my hair is way too fragile right now. Sigh. What is I'm gon do? :lol:
:lachen:Tiffs, you are so funny girl :lachen:.

Try this method:

3 Tbs of Epsom Salt
3 Tbs of a moisturizing deep conditioner - could be Pantene Relaxed & Natural Hair Conditioning Mask, Tresemme Remoisturize with B5, Mizani Moisturefuse, KeraCare Humecto, etc...

Mix them togther, put in the microwave, heat for 30 seconds, apply to your new growth area first then the rest of your hair. Put on a plastic cap and keep it on for 30 minutes with heat if you like. Detangle with a detangling comb, then wash it out. For even better softening results try adding some evoo to the mix before putting in the microwave oven.

I really hope this helps you out a little.
Ooooh, I'm trying this TO-DAY! Thanks Aggs!!! Hmmm, what conditioner should I use? :scratchch

What con do you usually use for this mix, Aggers?

Okay, I'm such a dingbat. I wasn't sure when the last time I relaxed was, because I forgot to put it in my calendar. So I did all kinds of searches to try and see if I posted my last relaxer updates. The only thing I could find was my post in this thread but it was super vague.
Well, all my slow self had to do was look in my album for my last relaxer date! :hammer: I'm gonna be 12 weeks post this Saturday! :woot: :yay: :band:
I'm so tempted to relax because my grandparents will be here from out of town and I haven't seen them in soooo long

13 weeks post - I was rinsing out my conditioner from overnight dcing (AO HSR), applied Salerm 21 and Infusium 23 leave-ins, put my hair in a wet bun, then left for work...forgot to tie down the edges with my silk scarf. :grin: As my edges dry, they are becoming more and more puffy. It's funny -- I told people at work, they are going to have to bare with me because I'm trying new stlyes with my hair. They are used to seeing me with my hair straight and down every day. Oh well, I'll have to remember to tie down the edges next time. At least it's soft ng, thanks to the Salerm 21 leave in. Can't wait until my Hairveda Almond glaze arrives.

Ooooh, I'm trying this TO-DAY! Thanks Aggs!!! Hmmm, what conditioner should I use? :scratchch

What con do you usually use for this mix, Aggers?

I have used Mizani Moisturefuse, Mizani Thermasmooth, Aubrey Organics HSR or WC. They all worked pretty well although the Thermasmooth and the AO HSR had a little edge over the others for me. I can't wait to try it with my Jason Naturals Jojoba Conditioner. I really love that conditioner and I need to purchase more before I run out of it.

I made a mistake last week when I posted that I was 6 months post, I'm sorry but I am actually 6 months post TODAY. I just checked my calendar to confirm how deep into my stretch I really am..

LOL! I can relate!! I was breaking down last week but then got my hands on some Shea Butter and feel confident that I can make :) I'm not sure if you have some Shea Butter, but I would totally recommend it especially the further out you get in your stretch.

OK - As of July 9th, I ended at 10 weeks. I had planned to get braids for my vacation, but ran out of time and options, so texlaxed right before I left. So I am aiming for a Dec/Jan relaxer next, but will be happy if I get back to my 12 weeks.
-

Hey ya'll...

I think I figured out what happened with my hair breaking... that :censored: Aphogee 2-step :wallbash:!

My hair apparently HATES hard proteins. I thought I was strengthening the line of demarcation; but instead I was causing havoc with my hair. So, I am tentatively back in this challenge. If I go until my original date/deadline the stretch will be 21 weeks--which is still my longest stretch ever.

I promise to consult you guys if I encounter problems.

Back