Inspired by Elizablue

SpiritJunkie

Looking for best online dating site/Inspired by Elizablue..

I am almost finished reading Elizablue's wonderful hookup and have been motivated again to try online dating. Her story is so beautiful. I need a man of my own now!!:lachen:

Anywho, I registered with:
  1. www.blacksingles.com
  2. www.soulsingles.com
  3. www.blackpeoplemeet.com
  4. www.eharmony.com
I want to pay up but unsure which one to go with. Here's the breakdown so far. I got no play at all on Soulsingles. Lots of play on eharmony but mainly white guys. Lots of views but about 4 flirst/contact on black singles.

Black People meet..well so many men hit me up and I don't even know how many. Over 90 views plenty of flirts and messages.

I want to join BPM but I am reluctant because I think i read on here most men are no good on that link.

Anyone got any advice? i am willing to listen and expand my geographical dating ops as Elizablue mentioned.:grin::grin:

Thanks Ladies.

Last edited:
Re: Looking for best online dating site/Inspired by Elizablue..

I am almost finished reading Elizablue's wonderful hookup and have been motivated again to try online dating. Her story is so beautiful. I need a man of my own now!!:lachen:

Anywho, I registered with:
  1. www.blacksingles.com
  2. www.soulsingles.com
  3. www.blackpeoplemeet.com
  4. www.eharmony.com
I want to pay up but unsure which one to go with. Here's the breakdown so far. I got no play at all on Soulsingles. Lots of play on eharmony but mainly white guys. Lots of views but about 4 flirst/contact on black singles.

Black People meet..well so many men hit me up and I don't even know how many. Over 90 views plenty of flirts and messages.

I want to join BPM but I am reluctant because I think i read on here most men are no good on that link.

Anyone got any advice? i am willing to listen and expand my geographical dating ops as Elizablue mentioned.:grin::grin:

Thanks Ladies.

Oh wow, Sweetg...what? You are serious girl. Do yo thang baby do yo thang. Just remember to keep us posted.

I had a lot of reservations about online dating before I met SC. I met a lot of coo-coos...but for real. As a matter of fact those early years are going to be the beginning of my book.

Boy do I have some stories like "The Winner of the Smallest Pencil" and "Most Numerous Profiles of Same Damn Fool" and the final conversation I wish I could forget..."what the hell do you mean you're not really a man? :perplexed thank God this never went beyond the keyboard. I'd prolly be waiting on commissary.

Just do your research. And get a web cam so you can see what's really going on. I'll be checking on you....Good Luck!

Good for you, SweetG. I admire you for being active in the pursuit of a mate, rather than just sitting around waiting for Mr. Right to show up (like I do). :look:

ahhh...Thanks so much ladies. I paid my fee last night and..ummm..its been interesting.

1) one dude said I had such beautiful eyes and can he lick my... then preceded to email me again with his phone # for me to call him NOW!!!! He's still waitin on the call...:nono:

they have instant messaging and I kept getting hit for convo. I will invest in a cam and let you all know how things progress.

thanks for the support.

G

blackpeoplemeet is not the best. reminds me of my blackplanet days which isn't a good thing.

Blacksingle...i love. Great quality men on there. I met this one guy that i click with. too soon to say anything else..but i will keep you posted if you are interested.

you ladies are the best!!

Good luck Sweet !
You'll def. come across some weirdos online :spinning: :drunk: :nono: :perplexed
Hopefully you'll come across someone worthy of your time :yep:

T Dot girl imma get you!! :grin::grin: Sooo...looks like me and the guy i met on line will be meeting March 12th. I woke up this morning to a long set of text from him planning our weekend getaway. i am excited and nervous at the same time. we talk every day for HOURS. The rules say one thing but I suggest going with your heart on this one. we have connected on so many levels due to our long conversations.

you def need to be cautious in both real and online dating and I am. i will keep ya posted. this man is driving me crazy!!

Elizablus' BGO version is killing me too! Damn girl...:lick: no homo but this man is gonna get TEARED the hell up 'cause of your slick writing!

Oh my...he does sound attentive. Is there chemistry? A lot? Good cause that's important. Chemistry can keep you from braining the life out of him when he done got on your last nerve.

And you are correcto. What I write I live. I wish everyone woman could have a SC in their life. He ain't perfect, but believe me when I say NO ONE but NO ONE has even come close. This kid has skills. Dang nabbit he got a birthday coming up. My baby is about to leave the 30s and join me in the 40s.

I usually date men much much younger than me because well to be honest, I like it when they have that stop button on their back. You don't push it and they don't stop.:lachen:

So for him to be as old as he is, it shows p-o-t-e-n-t-i-a-l for the long run. :yep: He's definitely a keeper ladies. And Sweetg, I certainly wish you luck in your quest for your very own. Oh and as far as the rules. I don't know about all that but I can tell you that pistol grip works everytime.

Last edited:
:giggle: I told you Sweetg!!

I hope your meeting goes well and that you're safe.

Keep us posted on the outcome.

Well my dear, I feel the same way you do. But I am seriously considering eHarmony. I signed up a while ago but did not pay the fee. But I like how they at least try to check you out and I am considering paying next month. Got to clean up a bit, a few pounds etc.

I did Black People Meet for a month I just deactivated my account and profile, bunch of jokers

I did have a bad experience a few years ago on Yahoo personals. I met someone did a quick lunch to meet and became friends for about a year no fast sparks or anything but good conversations. After about a year of telephoning and Iming he claims he wants to spend time and get to know me better.
He was fun, he always had something fun and interesting for us to do. I was not really feeling him at first but he started growing on me. So I was like let's see what happens.

About 6 months in outta blue he dumps me. no real explanation. A few months go by and he is back so we hanging and ........... well make a long story short practically got caught.......he married her. I had no idea she existed, i was at his house a lot no signs. I mean at times I thought he was on the DL but another woman, never thought it......

Anyway, I am wanting to be married in two years with no real prospects so i have to step up my game. I wish you well. Keep us posted on your journey

Well my dear, I feel the same way you do. But I am seriously considering eHarmony. I signed up a while ago but did not pay the fee. But I like how they at least try to check you out and I am considering paying next month. Got to clean up a bit, a few pounds etc.

I did Black People Meet for a month I just deactivated my account and profile, bunch of jokers

I did have a bad experience a few years ago on Yahoo personals. I met someone did a quick lunch to meet and became friends for about a year no fast sparks or anything but good conversations. After about a year of telephoning and Iming he claims he wants to spend time and get to know me better.
He was fun, he always had something fun and interesting for us to do. I was not really feeling him at first but he started growing on me. So I was like let's see what happens.

About 6 months in outta blue he dumps me. no real explanation. A few months go by and he is back so we hanging and ........... well make a long story short practically got caught.......he married her. I had no idea she existed, i was at his house a lot no signs. I mean at times I thought he was on the DL but another woman, never thought it......

Anyway, I am wanting to be married in two years with no real prospects so i have to step up my game. I wish you well. Keep us posted on your journey

Thanks for reaching out sistah! I believe there is someone out there for all of us. Just make sure you are aware of all that you have to offer someone and pinpoint what it is you are looking for. I kissed a lot frogs in my time and hopefully this is my PRINCE!!!

You keep us posted with your progress as well.

I am on blackpeoplemeet.com which I got from Elibzblue.. I don't like it.. I think the guys my age just aren't in the same place that I am :-/

12 roses. I was with a guy for 6 months and never got roses. How sweet.

I didn't like Black peopl meet. I felt it was very similar to Black planet. I met one guy that seemed intelligent and sweet. He ended up sending me a pic of his dick. Said he sent it by accident.:perplexed I also tried Afro romance.com but it was a bunch of old looking white men on there.

blackpeoplemeet - is it me or do these lazy arse dudes just keep sending flirts?

I send them a flirt back, and mostly nothing happens from there.

I am not inclined to start a convo when all dude did was push a button!

A few did start convos, send compliments, but you can tell they're talking to lots of females, because it's mostly not taking off, except for the ones that want to talk on the phone right away. Do y'all give out your phone number right away? I feel like there needs to be some interesting email convo first, but maybe that's just me.

One cute guy, I did talk to him on the phone and he was not where he needed to be intellectually. He hasn't called back for me to dump him, but he keeps looking at my profile. Is he expecting me to call him? Not happening.

Blacksingles was better, for some reason.

blackpeoplemeet - is it me or do these lazy arse dudes just keep sending flirts?

A few did start convos, send compliments, but you can tell they're talking to lots of females, because it's mostly not taking off, except for the ones that want to talk on the phone right away. Do y'all give out your phone number right away? I feel like there needs to be some interesting email convo first, but maybe that's just me.

One cute guy, I did talk to him on the phone and he was not where he needed to be intellectually. He hasn't called back for me to dump him, but he keeps looking at my profile. Is he expecting me to call him? Not happening.

I hated blackpeople meet...not one person had a convo with me there..I have bunch of flirts. I am shutting that one down. Soulsingles..same damn thing. it's getting shut down.

Blacksingles I find the quality to be a lot better. This guy and i didn IM and alot of emails before we moved on to the phone. He asked me if i was comfortable to move into that direction & if i wasn't he understood.

There's a couple guys that just sent me there #'s right away without even a convo! :nono::perplexed

Hopefully this guy works out but i gotta meet him first...online/phone is one thing..in person ???

Last edited:

I do not give out my phone number right away. I also agree with you on the interesting email or im convos first. If I find that stimulating and some common ground then I may share my number.

On Black People Meet I got many flirts, a few responses but they did not meet my standards. And I mean basic stuff. Then there are those that flirt and have no pictures, that is an immediate delete as well as the ones who did not take the time to complete their profile.

I do not give out my phone number right away. I also agree with you on the interesting email or im convos first. If I find that stimulating and some common ground then I may share my number.

On Black People Meet I got many flirts, a few responses but they did not meet my standards. And I mean basic stuff. Then there are those that flirt and have no pictures, that is an immediate delete as well as the ones who did not take the time to complete their profile.

:yep::yep::yep::yep::yep:

I went out on a date this weekend with a guy I met on Blackpeoplemeet we had great IM and phone conversations...When I met him his teeth were not "nice"....bad teeth are a dealbreaker for me *sigh*

I went out on a date this weekend with a guy I met on Blackpeoplemeet we had great IM and phone conversations...When I met him his teeth were not "nice"....bad teeth are a dealbreaker for me *sigh*

See that's why you gotta do the webcam. It's invaluable. Before SC I wouldn't even give out a cell # before I did webcam. I needed to see what was in the background as much as I needed to see him.

Sooooo, we are meeting this weekend. I am nervous and very excited. He can't stop talking about it.

He is such a sweet heart I told him i needed a new pair of sneaks and next day he calls to say he picked one up for me.

Anyhow I hope for the best. We didn't use any webcam soooo......fingers crossed.

he's shutting his profile down on Bsingles..I am going to wait until we meet.

Back