Infrared saunas and hair

Honeytips

Hi all,

A friend installed an infrared sauna and invited a group of us to try it out. I'm thinking ooooh, I can use this opportunity to steam my hair but now I'm wondering if an infrared sauna would work the same way as a normal sauna. :perplexed

Can anyone weigh in and tell me of their experience in one - hair wise? (Don't want to show up with a head full of deep conditioner for no good reason :lachen:

Thanks!!

Hi all,

A friend installed an infrared sauna and invited a group of us to try it out. I'm thinking ooooh, I can use this opportunity to steam my hair but now I'm wondering if an infrared sauna would work the same way as a normal sauna. :perplexed

Can anyone weigh in and tell me of their experience in one - hair wise? (Don't want to show up with a head full of deep conditioner for no good reason :lachen:

Thanks!!

Hi Honeytips,

An infrared sauna is a dry sauna. You'll sit or lay under infrared lights. I use one at a local Korean bath house. It's very soothing.

Infrared/Dry saunas are different from steam saunas. Dry saunas are good for weight loss and detoxifying the body by making you sweat. Steam/Wet saunas open up your pores and sinuses, and is good for doing a deep conditioning on your hair. But no, don't show up with a plastic cap and conditioner soaked hair for a dry sauna (infrared).

Back