Votes: 78 54.2%
  • Transitioning

Votes: 12 8.3%
  • Texturized

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TGrigley

Hi, I am a new member on LHCF and a Spelman College student and I need your help. I am conducting a poll and need participants. The poll information and other information I need is going to used in an English paper. The paper in no shape or form will be negative. I found this website to be interesting and want to write about it, so please help out if you can.

How long have you been a member?
What has been your experience on LHCF?
What makes this website different from other hair sites?

Our English professor wants us to play a culture expert and analyze on-line communities. The paper will give insight on the online communites in such a way to explain to someone else its purpose. I have to answer the question why do people find LHCF so interesting, and LHCF's effects on people's lives. I don't know if I answered the question well enough, but I hope I did. Thank you for welcoming me and replying.

Race: Black and White
How long have you been a member? 1 year
What has been your experience on LHCF? Nothing but positive, members are very supportive and very helpful
What makes this website different from other hair sites? I haven't been on any other site

Hi, and welcome to LHCF!

Race:Black/African American
How long have you been a member? 1mo.
What has been your experience on LHCF? I love the Christian, Political, Health, Hair, Financial, and Entertainment Forums. I've gained a lot of knowledge from visiting this site. It gets pretty interesting from time to time, but overall this site is awesome! Worth far more than $6.50 a year. Oh, and the ladies do a wonderful job in keeping us up on the latest styles, fashion and makeup on this forum.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? I haven't visited any other sites.

Last edited:
Hi, I am a new member on LHCF and a Spelman College student and I need your help. I am conducting a poll and need participants. The poll information and other information I need is going to used in an English paper. The paper in no shape or form will be negative. I found this website to be interesting and want to write about it, so please help out if you can.

Our English professor wants us to play a culture expert and analyze on-line communities. The paper will give insight on the online communites in such a way to explain to someone else its purpose. I have to answer the question why do people find LHCF so interesting, and LHCF's effects on people's lives. I don't know if I answered the question well enough, but I hope I did. Thank you for welcoming me and replying.

Very interesting!! I had to welcome a Spelmanite! ;)

Race: Black
How long have you been a member? 2.5 years
What has been your experience on LHCF? Always interesting.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? 1) It's majority black women. 2) It accepts all hair textures/chemical processes 3) It's off-topic boards are very active & interesting 4) It's a virtual university for Black Hair Care.....esp. once you dig into the archives. :yep:

Race:Black
How long have you been a member? 4 months
What makes this website different from other hair sites? a family environment with people that understand what you are going through and many have gone through it themselves

How long have you been a member? 2 years

What has been your experience on LHCF? Great hair advice and very supportive attitudes :)

What makes this website different from other hair sites? There is a good attitude here. For the most part, everyone respects one another.

How long have you been a member? 3 years
What has been your experience on LHCF? Great. The members are helpful and supportive.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? Its not just a forum it's a community. We cover all subjects. Hair, Health and fitness, Finance, cooking, etc.

I voted natural
Race: Black, native, & geechie/gullah
How long have you been a member? Ive been lurking since january. Member in march then again in october.
What has been your experience on LHCF? Ive learned a lot. I feel ignored sometimes tho :ohwell:
What makes this website different from other hair sites? I think it has more information. It has been around longer also. I dont really pay attention to BMH or naturallycurly.

How long have you been a member? Since April 2004

I started off as a member with relaxed hair, immediately wanted to go natural after seeing other women on here sporting natural free of chemical treated hair. I thought all Black women relaxed their hair until then. I hated getting relaxer touch-ups so I couldn't wait to embrace my natural hair. I stopped relaxing my hair in October 2004 and transitioned for almost 8 months then shaved all my hair off in May 2005. I've had natural hair ever since.
Diversity, lots of members, lots of discussion boards, up-and-running, easy to navigate. This site is always changing and I think it has been neat to see how this site has evolved over the 4 years I've been a member here.

How long have you been a member? 3 years
What has been your experience on LHCF? :drunk: IDK...it's addicting?!?
What makes this website different from other hair sites? It's not really that different is it?

welcome2-2.png

Race: Black Hispanic (100 % Dominican)
How long have you been a member? 4 months
What has been your experience on LHCF? Informative
What makes this website different from other hair sites? More people posting than your average forum[/QUOTE]

Race:black and white Carribean/european
How long have you been a member?1 yr this month YAY!
What has been your experience on LHCF?Great! Love the info and the ladies on here. Change my whole look on african american hair care
What makes this website different from other hair sites? Respectful, educated, kind women with great info on hair and life.......

Last edited:
How long have you been a member? ive been a free member for a while(almost 2 years) ive posted in less than 1
What has been your experience on LHCF? Sometimes I feel a bit ignored but I'm not really here for popularity...I love the info and the threads can be hilarious
What makes this website different from other hair sites? alot of traffic which is a good and a bad thing

I'm 19
African-American
I've been a member since 2005
I lurk more than I post but I have still found a wealth of info that I needed to maintain good haircare practices.
The main difference would be the number of members and think that contributes to the abundance of information that is found on this site which is a good thing.

Last edited:
How long have you been a member? 2 years or so
What has been your experience on LHCF? Interesting.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? I'm not sure I don't belong to any others.

How long have you been a member: I'll round up and just say two years :D
What has been your experience here: Very positive :yep:
What makes this site different from other hair sites: This is the only comprehensive site I've found that caters to all textures. Most other boards are catered only to naturals. Here, you can be relaxed, natural, texlaxed and still receive encouragement and support.

Not to mention the other forums, like the recipe forum, entertainment forum, makeup forum, health & fitness forum, spiritual forum and more. It's like a one stop shop for your hair, body and mind :spinning:

How long have you been a member? 1 year
What has been your experience on LHCF? Great. The members know a lot about hair and many other subjects.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? There are a lot of forums.

How long have you been a member? 4 or 5 years now

What has been your experience on LHCF? For the most part, very positive. I have learned a lot, made some good friends and helped some people along the way. My hair has thrived as well.

What makes this website different from other hair sites? The visual format is easier and the search is more reliable. A lot of black and mixed women from all over the world sharing their experiences and expertise. It is a beautiful thing.

Race: Blk

How long have you been a member? 11 months

What has been your experience on LHCF? I like it, its different topics ranging from hair, fashion, and politics. Ppl from all over the world have similar issues and ae willing to help/walk you through it.

What makes this website different from other hair sites? The love, and plus its tons of ladies on here.

Race:black
How long have you been a member?um... forgot the date... early this year i think?
What has been your experience on LHCF?addictive, informative
What makes this website different from other hair sites?i like how there's women with more experience and smarter advice.

OT: this is REALLY stupid ok...but i thought spelman was a made up college on the Cosby Show and Different World...:look:

How long have you been a member? Lurker for 1 year/ Member for 1 year

What has been your experience on LHCF? Excellent advice on hair, make-up/skin care, health and fitness, and relationships.

What makes this website different from other hair sites? The Sisterhood.

african american
I've been a member for about 3 months.
I've recieved excellent hair care tips. I love how supportive members can be and the fact that we face some of the same issues when caring for hair.
I haven't really been to or joined other sites.

How long have you been a member? Active - several months; inactive: more than a year
What has been your experience on LHCF? A positive experience with supportive members who are generously sharing information to help others.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? People can spell correctly and don't consider good grammar an embarrassment. Additionally this site is about hair care and the focus is on "real" hair - not weaves or wigs.

Race: black
How long have you been a member? 1.5 years
What has been your experience on LHCF? excellent...has changed my hair life :-)
What makes this website different from other hair sites? It has been around for a long time so it has a lot of information and great archives, it is very active and people constantly post, it is welcoming of hair in different states. you can be relaxed, natural change your mind or whatever. Just do you.

How long have you been a member? (Counting Lurkerdom) 4 years
What has been your experience on LHCF? A place that provided information and encouragement I could not have gotten anywhere else.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? I think it's the best designed, the best organized, best staffed, best moderated, and to be honest least "uncivil" forum I've found yet.

I hope your paper turns out to be what you want it to be! :yep:

Race:Black, Jamaican Descent
How long have you been a member?Nearly 4 years
What has been your experience on LHCF? Its been a learning experience about my hair and myself. I feel like I have a degree in Black hair care, but I need to keep taking classes to educate myself to the latest discoveries and evolving methods of hair care. Learned simple lessons that can be applicable to life, such as not jumping on bandwagons and taking my time. Sometimes I feel as though getting a response to your question depends on popularity, frequency in posting, etc and that can be frustrating at times, but the benefits of the site outweighs the petty things.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? Just the volume of traffic this site has and the participating members speaks alone. The effective exchange of information and the common purpose of hair health and growth that most of the women share on the board is magnetic and inspirational.

How long have you been a member? Since 8/08
What has been your experience on LHCF? lots of positivity, and great hair info. I visit here daily.
What makes this website different from other hair sites? It's geared towards healthy hair growth. I love all the pics of women going from my length to mbl/wl. Now I know I can do what I always thought I couldn't do...have long, healthy hair.

Back