I'm sorry one more HENNA/Indigo Question.

empressaja

I have black hair ( permanent dye done 2 day ago). I wanna henna my hair in a couple of weeks. I just wanna keep it black and not have to use chemicals for the color anymore. I also want the conditioning henna provides. Ok 2 questions .Will henna remove some of the color I currently have then redeposit the blue/black once the indigo is applied? Or will it do its conditioning then just intensify once I add the Indigo? Any ladies who use Henna now who previously used to permanently dye hair black know the answer to this? I dont wanna lose any of my blue/black glossy color but I want very strong hair. I don't wann ahve to choose. Please help me.

Henna is a 'cellophane' type dye - it does not change the color of your hair, it merely adds to it - so, no the henna won't 'lift' the black dye you have now up. I assume you are going to do a two-step henna then indigo process, and the indigo should just intensify the black that you already have.

I'm going to assume that you know this - but PLEASE use Body Art Quality (BAQ) henna only - using any other sort of henna on freshly dyed hair )esp., dyed black) is an open invitation to baldness.

nappywomyn said:
Henna is a 'cellophane' type dye - it does not change the color of your hair, it merely adds to it - so, no the henna won't 'lift' the black dye you have now up. I assume you are going to do a two-step henna then indigo process, and the indigo should just intensify the black that you already have.

I'm going to assume that you know this - but PLEASE use Body Art Quality (BAQ) henna only - using any other sort of henna on freshly dyed hair )esp., dyed black) is an open invitation to baldness.

Thank you so much, Yes I have BAQ henna from Mehandi.com. I have no patience for another BC. lol

Back