Indigo users....

kbragg

Ok, I want to go JET JET black ya'll! Everytime I see someone with yet black hair I wanna drool!:lachen:

Ok so I've henna'ed. Do I just Indigo over top of it? Can indigo be used safely on relaxed hair? I found Henna and Indigo at Whole foods today...has anyone ever used theirs? It doesn't appear to be compound Henna (Henna is the only ingredient on the Henna box same with Indigo). Will wait for replies...:D

the whole foods 1 istn't that safe to go over color or relaxers, use body art quality henna, from the online outlets, indigo over red natural hennaor if you just want the black color without the henna treating your hair, just use straight indigo but it's permanent.
heres 1:
http://www.mehandi.com/

Last edited:
I also want to do jet black. I henna's yesterday and I want to order some indigo. Do I need to henna again before applying the indigo? I dont want any color release from the henna just conditioning.

Is anyone out there still using indigo? I wanna get some as henna is bringing out red highlights in my hair and I'd like to go darker. :cool:

I don't know the timeframe for hennaing and then deciding to indigo. You definitely want to henna first though as indigo does not cling well to non-hennaed hair.:)

The first time you indigo, you should do a two step process.
First henna, let that sit for about an hour or longer if you want, then rinse and apply the indigo. Let that sit for about 45 minutes to an hour.

The henna application helps the indigo color have something more to "hold on" to, if that makes sense.

My hair is JETJET black, and I love it! :grin:

Oh yeah, and you can do it right after you henna, or you can wait a day or so...I find it's much easier to do it the same day, but that's just me.

I use Bigen, but would like to possibly switch to Henna. To eliminate the redness of the regular BAQ Henna, can you just use the Cassia Henna and Indigo?

WomanlyCharm said:
The first time you indigo, you should do a two step process.
First henna, let that sit for about an hour or longer if you want, then rinse and apply the indigo. Let that sit for about 45 minutes to an hour.

The henna application helps the indigo color have something more to "hold on" to, if that makes sense.

My hair is JETJET black, and I love it! :grin:

Oh yeah, and you can do it right after you henna, or you can wait a day or so...I find it's much easier to do it the same day, but that's just me.

Up to this point, I have only been using henna (and sometimes cassia) so if I were to use the indigo, would I use it alone, since the henna is in my hair already? I just want to dimish the redness in my hair, it doesn't have to jet black, I think I'd prefer the darkest brown possible, like espresso.

Priestess said:
Up to this point, I have only been using henna (and sometimes cassia) so if I were to use the indigo, would I use it alone, since the henna is in my hair already? I just want to dimish the redness in my hair, it doesn't have to jet black, I think I'd prefer the darkest brown possible, like espresso.

For a really dark brown, mix 1/3 henna and 2/3 indigo together...that's how I got my hair dark brown before I decided to go black. Adding a little amla to the mix also helps tone down the redness.

WomanlyCharm said:
For a really dark brown, mix 1/3 henna and 2/3 indigo together...that's how I got my hair dark brown before I decided to go black. Adding a little amla to the mix also helps tone down the redness.

Awesome, thanks so much WomanlyCharm for the tip! ;)

I have some henna from my indian friend, but I forgot how to mix it. Can someone help me? Also, where do I find indigo? Also, the henna she gave me is the kind she use on me to do body art is it the same for hair? Ive had the henna for awhile, do it go bad?
Sorry so many questions.
TIA

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=1783898

I did henna yesterday without a color release. I'll be doing another henna treatment tomorrow followed by indigo.

I mixed two conditioners (miss key 10 en 1 & siliconmix), two egg whites, black castor oil, coconut milk, lime juice, cholesterol and some indian oil that I picked up that is a mixture of vitamin e and olive oils. I mixed all that until smooth then added enough henna powder to make it thick.

I'll probably just mix the indigo with hot water and amla oil.

Doll said:
I use Bigen, but would like to possibly switch to Henna. To eliminate the redness of the regular BAQ Henna, can you just use the Cassia Henna and Indigo?

Yes you can use cassia with Indigo.

Whenever I use Indigo I will add either Cassia or Amla to it to increase the conditioning effect.

Back