I'M SORRY but did you pass gas (vent) ???

yeah, i realized that from my other pix. i would try to post pix of it to ask questions and not everyone could see it. i just noticed cause i think its like the best pic of it that i've seen lol... its only in the front though. the pieces you see are all of it that's left, all the rest reverted back after a while lol

man i just told one of my best friend what happened and all she could say is "why are people always in your hair?!? you're a weirdo magnet" lol she's been present through several of the odd things people have done or said to me about my hair through out my life (i've known her since 2nd grade so she's seen it all lol)

People still aren't used to Black women having long hair. I guess their admiration+amazement don't translate well facially.

ALL that hair is GORGEOUS!!! I think they think it's a weave and are trying to let you know that they "know". Pathetic, really.

Your hair is beatiful. I'm drooling.

Mz.MoMo, your hair is beautiful....

But yes they were meaning...its a lot of WEAVE hair.....Ignore the stanking...ugly faces and move on.....

But if it were me...on a good day I may have asked....."Why do you ask...? You look like you don't believe me....especially since you and buddy are over there looking like a bunch of frogs..." But thats just me....Mrs ImpatientnononsenseforBSgirl!

People are funny and interesting...It could be any number of reasons that those people reacted the way that they did...jealousy, awe, even disgust. I have come to the realization that no matter what you do, someone is going to find something to say- if your hair were short, medium, or long...but I can definitely understand feeling some kind of way when people that you do not know-come out of their mouths-and comment about you...GIRL, you hair is gorgeous!!!! I love it!

Some may think it's a weave, but also I think there are a lot of people that just don't think really long hair is attractive.

I've had a few people tell me that my hair is too long and that I need to cut it and put highlights in it. Also, I've been told that I should get layers. I've been told that I need to "upgrade" myself. So in other words, really long hair isn't in style. Cuts, layers, and highlights with straight hair included are in. There are posts over at the Long Hair Community about this.

I'm a fan of long hair and your hair is beautiful. Do you.

I was coming in to say just that. Not everyone likes long hair. Some people think having hair you can sit on is gross. I'm one of those people that doesn't think, "the longer the better". I remember a thread was started here where there was this Asian lady standing on a chair combing her hair. Her hair was dangling below the chair, it must have been 5-6 feet long. LHCF ladies were saying that it was 'too much hair'.

Different people have their personal views on what's too long to be flattering and you might have surpassed that for them. It's okay, people have their views on what's too 'nappy' to be flattering and I LONG passed that:grin:

People are funny and interesting...It could be any number of reasons that those people reacted the way that they did...jealousy, awe, even disgust. I have come to the realization that no matter what you do, someone is going to find something to say- if your hair were short, medium, or long...but I can definitely understand feeling some kind of way when people that you do not know-come out of their mouths-and comment about you...GIRL, you hair is gorgeous!!!! I love it!

ALWAYS!! No matter what you do or where you go. That's why I've always done my own thing. Forget people. I am only APL and I get that mess from people. I just look at them like this :perplexed or this :ohwell: and go on about my business.

BTW, your hair is pretty. That shole is a lotta hurrr. lol!

People are implying you have a weave. They think you put 3 packs of weave in your head and they are trying to get you to say "yeah it was a lot of hair but it was on sale" or something similar. Haters are gonna hate.

They're implying that you have too much weave hair. Never mind and just ignore them.

This was my first thought but then I saw your pics...

not the best pix lol they were just quickies as to avoid any potential dance offs :lol:

Girrrrrrrrrl! Your hair is FREAKIN GORGEOUS!!! :eek2: :lovedrool: :drool: Very stunning. And no way that looks like a weave. I've never seen a weave that beautiful in my life.

They are giving you the stank face because they are in pain. It's hard to see such beauty and walk away unaffected. LOL!

Momo,
You're hair was UNbelievable! That's why you got the stank face. They tryina check to see if they're dreaming....the hair was too bright girl! LOVE it....
Celina....been waiting for you! off to stalk!

That IS a lot of hair! And I love it, your hair is beautiful.

Bad manners and rude comments should NEVER be rewarded. I say ignore them, just leave them there talking to themselves. You don't owe them anything especially not explanations about something you worked hard to achieve.

Girl please. You and your hair are gorgeous. Those SAME people who say that say that is "too much hair" would be rocking your hair if they knew how to grow it just as long! The only thing stopping them is the mindset that black people can't grow long hair and you gotta be mixed to have long hair. WORK IT GIRL! WERQQQQQQ!

OP, I agree with HijabiFlygirl on how to deal with haters. I love to wear headwraps and sometimes I'll tie it in what my friend calls a "scary froufrou". I will go to work like that and get some really crazy looks from some folks. Some will even say, "What the????" and others stop in their tracks. One guy even walked with his head tilted as if to imply the weight of my scarf will tip me over. :lol: But most do admire and compliment. But even if they didn't, girl, I KNOW I look good (to me) and nobody can convince me otherwise. I never leave my home without feeling very comfortable and pleased with how I look, so trust me, I see jealousy, ignorance from a mile off.

And just like HijabiFlygirl said, when one person said, "What the???" and walked up to look at my wrap, I spun around real slowly to give her a better look with my best model/pageant smile and eyes closed like I'm really feeling ♪fresh fresh like a million bucks♪♪. And then this joker changed her tune and said, "It really does look good!" Aha! Da truf finally comes out. Why? Coz I looked foolishness in the face and let it be just that. Oh and as for they guy that walked tilted to the side, he told me the next day, it really looked good.

See what I mean? There are people who seem to need to knock others down to feel tall. Don't give them the satisfaction of succeeding. Stand firm and trust you.

ETA: An example of the froufrou I wear and walk talk knowing I'm all that and a bag of chips:
AnotherCrazyWrap-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Some may think it's a weave, but also I think there are a lot of people that just don't think really long hair is attractive.

I've had a few people tell me that my hair is too long and that I need to cut it and put highlights in it. Also, I've been told that I should get layers. I've been told that I need to "upgrade" myself. So in other words, really long hair isn't in style. Cuts, layers, and highlights with straight hair included are in. There are posts over at the Long Hair Community about this.

I'm a fan of long hair and your hair is beautiful. Do you.

IMOlong hair is always in style in the black community. Thats why weaves are a million dollar industry. Now wether its styled a certain way is up for interpertation

My sister said that when I showed her Longhairdontcare11's flat iron video. Her hair doesn't look as thick straight. Some people just have a preference. If they are not used to seeing it...it's "too much." Before RiRi brought back bob's and pixie cuts, some people probably heard that their hair was just too short.

You're ahead of the curve...enjoy it. Hopefully the rest of us will catch up
with you.:yep:

your hair is gorgeous,
I also wanted to say there is no possible stank face I could get to not take that as a compliment. what is that you say, i've got too much hair "THANK YOU!!" lol

Gurl...your hair is BEAUTIFUL....Don't pay them no mind. People pay hundreds of dollars for a weave or lace front that look like your "REAL" hair. Just keep it movin'!!

Girl when they give u the stank face thats jealousy!! Straight up!! I had ppl telling me how thick my hair was in front of my ex-best friend and SHE gave me the stank face....and even uttered that it was ANNOYING!!! Yes...thats is jealousy!!:nono:

We tend to think that everyone loves long hair because we love long hair, but it's not true. I know lots of people that genuinely don't like long hair. They are not haters, they just don't like it.

But as long as you love your hair, it's all good.

We tend to think that everyone loves long hair because we love long hair, but it's not true. I know lots of people that genuinely don't like long hair. They are not haters, they just don't like it.

But as long as you love your hair, it's all good.

That is true as well:yep:

:grouphug:

thanks guys. each and every one of you have some very valid points as well as tips on how to handle the comments (FIERCE NONIE)

Your hair is gorgeous. Don't you know the share your regimen when you post pics like that? :lol: seriously though

OH NO!!! i thought i covered all of the bases!!! man, i'm just waiting for a dance off to happen :lachen:

uh, reggie is actually pretty simple.

wash 1x per wk
dc when i remember
home made juice (water/infusium 23/veg glyc) every day to every 3 days
leave in (HE LTR leave in or HE HH reg cond, skala sb reg cond not too bad)
seal with oil
bun 5-7days per wks
flat iron every once every 3 months or so

uuuhhh, i think that's it... pretty sure i dont do anything else:lachen:

Your hair is beautiful! Honestly, is it possible that you could be using a product that has an unpleasant odor? I cannot imagine why anyone would react negatively to your hair, it's shiny, healthy, not too frizzy, long and just very pretty. I'm baffled....

Back