"I'm not feelin' ya hair"

omg what did you tell her?
that is beyond rude!!!

I'm not allowed to repeat most of what I said. But basically, I told her I don't give a d*mn what she thinks of me or my hair. And not to say anything else to me about my hair rather its good or bad, because my opinion of myself is the only one that matters.[/QUOTE]

Well put!! :yep:

Thanks so much ladies. I'm uber-sensitive, so I just like wanted to run and hide. Thanks.

Run and hide? Oh hell naww....girl look....

Who the :censored:cares what the :censored: he thinks about your hair? Who told him that his opinion on your hair was worth sharing and was of interest to you? I mean really.... does he pay your bills or go to sleep with you at night? If not then he is not invested in you in anyway and his comment wasn't necessary!!

Just the idea that he insinuated that your hair was a wig :burnup:sounds like his level of self importance needed to be dropped down a few degrees. Makes me want to suddenly question whether he has his own issues because really.....what legitimate dude comes by like a hair cop like that?

"Not feelin' my hair??? Wowww the only guys I know that feel the need to comment on my hair are gay and ....*searching look* hmmm....well that explains some things.....deuces!" *complete with a wink and a diva walk off*

Shoooot, if he ever steps out of his lane again, I hope you give him something to think about about because clearly when he's not thinking, stupid things come out! Hmph!:nono:

1. Is he cute enough that you want to date him?
2. Does he pay your bills?

If these answers are no, then what he thinks is pretty worthless to you.

I feel you on the bill part but after that comment, he could be cute all day but and I wouldn't want dude near me....shoot, he'd blow my natural high!!! :lachen: The way I see it, we all should be expecting this :notworthy , not making us feel like this:boxing:

you knowwwww?

So frankly he can go kick rocks .........in a landmine!!:ohwell:

wow, princess. im mad with you on that one. cuz i wear twist outs everyyyydayyy. and i love them. i love big hair. the bigger the better. he was truely hating on your hair. and comming from a blk man at that makes me madder...... dont really want to explain why but im sure you know why

Run and hide? Oh hell naww....girl look....

Who the :censored:cares what the :censored: he thinks about your hair? Who told him that his opinion on your hair was worth sharing and was of interest to you? I mean really.... does he pay your bills or go to sleep with you at night? If not then he is not invested in you in anyway and his comment wasn't necessary!!

Just the idea that he insinuated that your hair was a wig :burnup:sounds like his level of self importance needed to be dropped down a few degrees. Makes me want to suddenly question whether he has his own issues because really.....what legitimate dude comes by like a hair cop like that?

"Not feelin' my hair??? Wowww the only guys I know that feel the need to comment on my hair are gay and ....*searching look* hmmm....well that explains some things.....deuces!" *complete with a wink and a diva walk off*

Shoooot, if he ever steps out of his lane again, I hope you give him something to think about about because clearly when he's not thinking, stupid things come out! Hmph!:nono:

Thanks, Ms. Kain!! :lachen:

So like I have said a million times I have very wavy/not so curly anymore hair, but decided to do the 2-strand twists throughout my head and roll them at the end. When I took the braids out my result was big bodacious shiny fabulousness (bigger than my hair in the avatar). I have never worn my hair completely down unless it was straightened. Always have been nervous about what people would say.

I was a hit at work and everyone loved it. Most of my co workers are white and they said it looked goreous, beautiful and they loved it. Well 1 black co-worker said wow where did u get the wig. I responded this is my hair. Then he had the audacity to say wear it straight, not feelin' it like that.

I know I shouldnt be, but I'm very upset. All of the years of being self conscious about my big hair and wanting to wear it out and this 1 person just brought back all of these insecurities.

Just needed to vent and hear other people's "i'm not feelin ya hair" stories. :perplexed

Oooh:grin:OOOOHHH:grin:..teacher! TEACHER! I spot a hater! It looks to me he was okay with if it was a wig..but since it wasn't all of a sudden he don't like it..just because his mama 'dem don't have all that hair. Girl don't let a hater squash you..do you!

Oooh:grin:OOOOHHH:grin:..teacher! TEACHER! I spot a hater! It looks to me he was okay with if it was a wig..but since it wasn't all of a sudden he don't like it..just because his mama 'dem don't have all that hair. Girl don't let a hater squash you..do you!

I'm dying! LOL. :lachen: Thanks, I won't, after hearing all of the LHCF lovely ladies comments and advice I am ready for the next negative comment someone feels the need to offer.

I understand how you feel OP. My brother just told me the other day that he didn't like the way I wear my hair. That I need to "do" something with my hair (i.e. style it) other than just wear it down. He said it was unprofessional (and that most black women wear their hair straight). I know from LHCF that plenty of women rock a natural at work and everywhere else. But what he said still made me sad.

I like you can sometimes by self-conscious about wearing my hair down in certain situations. I pretty much never wear it down at work (usually it's in a bun). And now I feel even more paranoid to do so.

I don't really like other people doing my hair anymore, but I'm not great at styling it myself. So I'm not really sure what I'd "do" to my hair anyway.

Him: Im not feeling your hair
You: Who gon' check me boo?

LOL!!! Seriously next time tell him your not feelin' his audacity to voice his painfully honest and unsolicited opinion...yall are not cool like that!...Tell him to have a good day and KIM!

Back