"I'm not feelin' ya hair"

I do my hair for me, period. Anyone who doesn't like it can suck it.

*** him.

most of that is just jealously. not that he wants your HAIR, i think it's that a lot of black people are afraid of their naturalness, and the naturalness of other black people. we're so used to seeing and being conditioned to think that unnatural is the only way we can be beautiful. he's jealous that you CAN break from that and HAVE. he is not there and he doesn't even consciously realize it.

Girl you have to ignore ignorant folks. I get the most negative comments about my hair from blk ppl :ohwell: sad I know but true. Don't let him have that kind of power over you. Rock your hair!!!

You made me wanna rock a twistout this weekend and get even with them haters (on your behalf...lol)…………Girl, keep your head up and don’t mind him ‘cause his opinion doesn’t count……….like someone said…wear it like that for the rest of the week & ……*** him!!!

Girl, bump what that dude had to say. If he isn't your man, who cares about his opinion. If your hair was bigger then your avatar pic, then I am drooling. For me the bigger the better. Please don't let one negative opinion ruin your fabulous hair day!

You girls are so empowering and I am totally grateful. Thanks! I actually just twisted my hair for bed and I am ready for Round 2 with this fool tomorrow. :)

See here's how it would have played out w/me:

Coworker- "I'm not feelin' ya hair"
Me- "I'm not feelin' ya face, now get out of mine"
Coworker- :blush:

The end of that

I have gotten alot of ignorant comments. People don't expect a response and usually just look shocked when I say something as equally ignorant back. Sometimes I take the high road but people need to learn not to just approach me any kind of way . The comments don't bother me because I know I look good to me and that's all that matters.
:lachen: at the comeback, but he needs to hear it. keep that in mind next time someone tells you something like that. some people just don't learn any other way besides giving them back what they dish out. :rolleyes: and that's why i bolded the "people need to learn not to just approach me any kind of way". i hope you keep your hair just like it was all week. i'm sure it was beautiful :love2:

So like I have said a million times I have very wavy/not so curly anymore hair, but decided to do the 2-strand twists throughout my head and roll them at the end. When I took the braids out my result was big bodacious shiny fabulousness (bigger than my hair in the avatar). I have never worn my hair completely down unless it was straightened. Always have been nervous about what people would say.

I was a hit at work and everyone loved it. Most of my co workers are white and they said it looked goreous, beautiful and they loved it. Well 1 black co-worker said wow where did u get the wig. I responded this is my hair. Then he had the audacity to say wear it straight, not feelin' it like that.

I know I shouldnt be, but I'm very upset. All of the years of being self conscious about my big hair and wanting to wear it out and this 1 person just brought back all of these insecurities.

Just needed to vent and hear other people's "i'm not feelin ya hair" stories. :perplexed

Your hair looks great in your avatar and if it's bigger then its even better.
shake off that hater
Next time he comes in to work, by our area put him on blast play this off your computer

You're a jerk (not u him)
start @ 1:30 :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viJyBR55kgg

I have a story.

I rarely wear my hair and out style, so my coworkers are accustomed to seeing my hair in either an updo or a wig. So, I went to work feeling oh so cute with my twistout. My now ex co-worker had the nerve to call me Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons. After goggling a picture of the character, I was beyond pissed.

Early this year, she informed me that since I’m no longer wearing my wig. I look too black (meaning afro centric). I had already let too many of her other comments slide. Sideshow Bob was the final straw. I had to let her have it and I mean all of it.

BTW I’m the only black in a small office of eight employees. My remaining co-workers do not comment on my hair unless on a rare occasion I’m wearing my wig again I’ll get a compliment.

You should have replied "so how about you feeling my fist!"

Okay, not really. But dont let the stupidity of this insignificant co-worker dampen your spirits or change your opinion of yourself (or your hair).

Shoot, I really would have said that.... :lachen:

Well 1 black co-worker said wow where did u get the wig. I responded this is my hair. Then he had the audacity to say wear it straight, not feelin' it like that.

I know I shouldnt be, but I'm very upset. All of the years of being self conscious about my big hair and wanting to wear it out and this 1 person just brought back all of these insecurities.

Just needed to vent and hear other people's "i'm not feelin ya hair" stories. :perplexed

Should have told him it ain't all about his black *** and what he's "feeling". :swearing:

I have a story.

I rarely wear my hair and out style, so my coworkers are accustomed to seeing my hair in either an updo or a wig. So, I went to work feeling oh so cute with my twistout. My now ex co-worker had the nerve to call me Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons. After goggling a picture of the character, I was beyond pissed.

Early this year, she informed me that since I’m no longer wearing my wig. I look too black (meaning afro centric). I had already let too many of her other comments slide. Sideshow Bob was the final straw. I had to let her have it and I mean all of it.

BTW I’m the only black in a small office of eight employees. My remaining co-workers do not comment on my hair unless on a rare occasion I’m wearing my wig again I’ll get a compliment.

OMG! I would have been so freaking pissed. Ugh, shows me that a lot of people have a lot of darn nerve and feel they can say whatever...I'm not alone, lol. Thanks for your story!

Girl, dont bother with that man.. until he starts contributing to your hair product stash and helping u take length pictures.. his opinion counts for nothing..

Typical this man sounds so "brainwashed". His first assumption was that it couldn't possibly be your hair - that was the first insult.

And then to add insult to injury he says he wasn't feeling your hair? (WTF did he mean by that anyway?)

He strikes me as one of those black men who feels that they are the keepers of beauty - i.e. you know the ones who wax lyrical about us ladies wearing hair in its natural state and then get confused when it doesn't conform to one of their fantasy natural hair idols (honestly these men need to educate themself).

Anyway at this point he would have got my crazy Nigerian woman look......You know the one that says you don't want to be messing with me.....

Anyway girl keep your head up. I am sooooooo feeling you hair and would love to have hair like yours. I am a big hair lover.

I bet you looked gorgeous!!

Some people can't take when another gets lots of compliments, so they have to try to bring you down to where they think you belong :nono:
Don't ever let him do that again. His words mean zero.

- and his opinion matters because...?

I had a vanilla-colored co-worker make a snide comment to me a few weeks ago when I was wearing a lace front wig.

He said, "It must be really great to be able to just pop on some hair everyday."

My eyes traveled up to the empty place on his head where hair should be, only they were random sprinkles of spiky hair along with a shiny scalp.

I responded, "Yeah, you should try it sometime" :yep:

He ran off like a wounded deer :drunk:

- and his opinion matters because...?

I had a vanilla-colored co-worker make a snide comment to me a few weeks ago when I was wearing a lace front wig.

He said, "It must be really great to be able to just pop on some hair everyday."

My eyes traveled up to the empty place on his head where hair should be, only they were random sprinkles of spiky hair along with a shiny scalp.

I responded, "Yeah, you should try it sometime" :yep:

He ran off like a wounded deer :drunk:

hahahahahahahaha. brilliant.

I really love you girls, lol. I wish I could pack you all in my cubicle! My hair is big and fluffy and he hasnt walked by my desk yet, today...But I AM ARMED AND READY! Have a great day, all! :)

Back