I'm in LOVE w/ Mizani - H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment (Thanks SUPERGIRL!)

Kiadodie

I just had to say my hair has been shedding and breaking BADLY for the past 6 months. I looked through the threads and found a great one that Supergirl put together for breakage and recommended Mizani - H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment!

I put it on last as directed and put a scarf on my hair. This morning I combed my hair and I counted only 4 strands of hair that came out. Usually, it's ALL over the sink (little bits of hair) and on the floor.
I'm so happy!!!

So, do I just continue this every 2/3 days for 2 weeks as directed on the package? Then what? Should I just keep the protein/moisture going? :look:

kia said:
I just had to say my hair has been shedding and breaking BADLY for the past 6 months. I looked through the threads and found a great one that Supergirl put together for breakage and recommended Mizani - H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment!

I put it on last as directed and put a scarf on my hair. This morning I combed my hair and I counted only 4 strands of hair that came out. Usually, it's ALL over the sink (little bits of hair) and on the floor.
I'm so happy!!!

So, do I just continue this every 2/3 days for 2 weeks as directed on the package? Then what? Should I just keep the protein/moisture going? :look:

Use it the way the package says but, you can continue past the 2 weeks if you choose, just do it less days, like I do. I love this stuff and will never, ever give it up!

My hair totally stopped breaking while using this product. I don't even have to do too many protein treatments because of it. Continue with your moisture though...never give that up.

Nice & Wavy said:
Use it the way the package says but, you can continue past the 2 weeks if you choose, just do it less days, like I do. I love this stuff and will never, ever give it up!

My hair totally stopped breaking while using this product. I don't even have to do too many protein treatments because of it. Continue with your moisture though...never give that up.

OK, so maybe after using it 2-3x a week after 2 weeks I'll just use it once a week. This stuff is great!

Okay I think I might have to add this to the list. I used emergencee and it's still breaking. Is it a strong protein conditioner? Im glad you had success with it. I know how frustrating breakage can be.

locabouthair said:
Okay I think I might have to add this to the list. I used emergencee and it's still breaking. Is it a strong protein conditioner? Im glad you had success with it. I know how frustrating breakage can be.

No it's not a conditioner, it's a moisturizer that you put on at night before you go to bed. I'm not sure what it had in it but it's working ;)

Yeah, I tried this treatment, and my hair loves it as well. It keeps my hair very soft and moist, no dryness whatsoever. I haven't been using it regularly, but now I think I might.

I use it to the last scoop. I love this stuff. It did wonders for my hair then when I ran out I didnt use it and I could tell a slight difference in the way my hair felt and I did shed a little more. I just picked up some more when I went back home to my stylist and vow to never go empty. I used it almost everyday and no ill effects. But everyones hair is different. I do love this stuff and my stylist recommended it out of all the products she carries. Plus it gives my hair an amazing shine

This is the only Mizani product that I have purchased over and over again. I use it on my ends every other night. It is well worth the $18.00. It really keeps my ends moisturized and it eliminates the shedding.

Kia,

I know you started this thread over a month ago, but I'm glad the product was beneficial to you.

LR,

There shouldn't be any problem with you using the product after relaxing. :up:

I'm on the late train, but I love this product too! I thought the $18.00 price tag was a little steep, but its worth the price.

Oh, and for those who want to buy it, I found it at Ulta.

I'm glad I came across this. I bought it back in Jan. but after reading the label I saw mineral oil was the second ingredient I paniced and put it away. But I'm glad I read all these reviews I will def. go back and try it. I'm constantly looking for moisturizing products.

Yes,

This is some really really good stuff. I have been using it for about 1 month now and there is definitely less breakage. And a little goes a long way. Thanks for the recommendation Supergirl.

It is worth the 18 bucks.

Kari107 said:
I'm glad I came across this. I bought it back in Jan. but after reading the label I saw mineral oil was the second ingredient I paniced and put it away. But I'm glad I read all these reviews I will def. go back and try it. I'm constantly looking for moisturizing products.

Kari,

I'll have to be honest and say that if you are looking for a moisturizing product, this one will likely disappoint you. I see a few of the ladies have said it moisturized their hair--go figure. But for me it has not been a moisturizer, but an anti-breakage product. I still have to continue my regular moisturizing regimen when using this. :) I do hope you'll try it or at least keep some on hand for emergencies.

Supergirl said:
Kari,

I'll have to be honest and say that if you are looking for a moisturizing product, this one will likely disappoint you. I see a few of the ladies have said it moisturized their hair--go figure. But for me it has not been a moisturizer, but an anti-breakage product. I still have to continue my regular moisturizing regimen when using this. :) I do hope you'll try it or at least keep some on hand for emergencies.

I agree. I got this Saturday and although I saw an immediate halt in breakage, didn't give me much moisture.

Awwwh, I hated this product in the past, maybe because I thought it was suppose to moisturize my strands. Now that I've read all the raves I guess I am back to trying it again. It smells so good.

Supergirl said:
Kari,

So can I just use my moisturizer then the Mizani then seal with my oil? I normally would moisturize and then use oil so is this way correct or should I put the Mizani on last?

april shower said:
So can I just use my moisturizer then the Mizani then seal with my oil? I normally would moisturize and then use oil so is this way correct or should I put the Mizani on last?

Yes, use your moisturizer first than the Mizani than the oil. For naturals, this works just as well.

I also picked up this product from Ulta a couple months ago after reading raves about it on the board.

It left my hair kind of greasy, but not really moisturized. I haven't used it since. I wasn't checking for breakage at the time though. At least I know how to properly use it now! I will give it another try.

kels823 said:
I bought this product the other nite after reading about it here. JCPenny Salon had it on sale 2 for $20 - You can mix and match all products that are over $10 originally. I also bought the Keracare essential oil which was originally like $13 I think. So THAT was a good deal!!

I used it the other nite.. LOVE the smell, its intoxicating!! I havent noticed nearly as much breakage as before. I didnt seal it w/ the oil or moisturize (I wasnt sure how it would leave my hair and didnt want to over do it) but now I know I can do both cuz it really isnt a moisturizer. Im gonna rock it for the 2 weeks 3x a week then prolly just once a week after that to see how my hair responds.. great product. :D

Do u know if the sale is still on?

Back