"I'm Going To Make You Fall In Love With Me"

This would of made my day. Its rare and refreshing to find a man that frank and open these days when everybody is trying to run some game

Awww, good update!

I didn't even check to see the date of the original date, I was going to say GO FOR IT! Glad to see things are working out :-)

Awwwwwww! He sounded a little extra but I'm happy it worked out so nicely for you. I guess he was really just eager because he was really into you. I wish you guys the best!

My DH was like that too and the other boys I was dating around that time were just too passive. They would just let me walk all over them. I just wanted someone to be the man in the relationship and he took the lead early.

Let's just say that ALOT has happened since then, as far as getting to know him, etc. :giggle:

Totally not a stalker or serial killer. Just extremely passionate about things that are important to him.

But he was right. I love him like you wouldn't believe. Didn't even see it coming. I didnt have a chance.

:love:

Up pops this old thread while I'm sitting here thinking about what to get him for his birthday next week. :lol:

Spill it, girl! What did he do???? :)

Ummm, I'm afraid you're going to need to go into a bit more detail than that!:lachen:

This thread made me all happy. I read it from the beginning thinking how sweet it was, then got to your update and I just started cheesing! I love when things work out.:grin:

Anyway, I'm waiting...*taps foot*

:lol: Okay - I'll try to sum it up as quickly as possible.

It was instantaneous. We clicked right away. He wasted no time in making his intentions known and making it clear to me what he wanted. No guessing games. He introduced me to his "world" almost immediately, so I always had a certain level of security with him from the very start. When I say his world I mean his parents, siblings, other family, friends that I didn't know etc. For example - my birthday was mid October and by Halloween he had planned our first trip. By Thanksgiving I was meeting his out of town family. By Christmas, he was flying to nyc to meet my folx. :look: :giggle:

I'm just going to pause right here to address one thing that once again has proven to be true: When a man wants you - he wants you. You wont have to guess where the relationship is going. His past skeletons wont pose a threat to your new relationship. He is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that you are secure. He wants to spend time with you. He wants you in his world & often encourages you to have relationships with other people in his life who are important to him. Even when he's mad, he may do some things to upset you but he doesnt disrespect you.

I'm not saying that everything between us has been perfect because it hasn't. The one problem that we encountered is that we were moving too fast. I laughed when he told me "I've been looking at your picture for so long that by the time I finally met you, I felt like we've been together for a year already. So by the time we actually met I had everything set."

We were SO into each other and all the bliss & emotions that goes along with it, that we lacked good communication on earth in some areas. It gave us a few problems as a result. I knew something was different when we tried to break up and I felt like I was going to die and his mama was calling me to ask what happened cuz her son is actin crazy. :lol: So after 6 months, I feel like we are just getting to a point where we are getting a good grasp of each other's flow & style. Who knows what will really happen? But the fact remains that I know he loves me more. He continues to keep that crystal clear with his actions. Its a little scary honestly. For now however I'm feeling good. That's my man. No mistake about that.

Last edited:
Go on a date with hikm (in a public place :look:) and tell us how it went!

BTW, that's how DH and I were after we both got the clue that's we be good together. lol
I was still a little iffy on it -um, when DH and I were just friends, we didn't hold any punches when it came to "keeping it real". lol I wasn't completely sure we'd work.
But when he got the clue before me, he was pretty intense. Though for me him wanting to make a date a week or two in advance was "too much pressure and too much commitment" for me. I'm VERY laid back. lol He told me pretty much right away when he realized he loved me ( like the next day) and he was telling me that we were going to get married and that he'd make me fall in love with him if it was the last thing he would do. lol
He might sound a bit creepy, but with me, it takes a special sort. I'm not even going to lie! And we've been married for five years and happily all the way.

So... if he's not sending your gut reaction on high alert or not making you feel the need to run far, far away, I'd try a date or two to see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, you can always tell him he failed at making you fall in love with him. lol

Last edited:
Aww wow. Is he West Indian? :look:
:perplexed

Really?:look::rolleyes:

Wooosah!

No. I don't like it. Men like this are megalomaniacs and he isn't giving you room to make your own choices about your life partner. Who knows you better than you, right? So how can someone tell you that they are the person you should fall in love with, especially if they don't even know you? Also, be weary of men who fall in love with pictures. There's a lot more to you than a pretty face, but it seems that is all he's concerned about.

:lol: Okay - I'll try to sum it up as quickly as possible.

It was instantaneous. We clicked right away. He wasted no time in making his intentions known and making it clear to me what he wanted. No guessing games. He introduced me to his "world" almost immediately, so I always had a certain level of security with him from the very start. When I say his world I mean his parents, siblings, other family, friends that I didn't know etc. For example - my birthday was mid October and by Halloween he had planned our first trip. By Thanksgiving I was meeting his out of town family. By Christmas, he was flying to nyc to meet my folx. :look: :giggle:

I'm just going to pause right here to address one thing that once again has proven to be true: When a man wants you - he wants you. You wont have to guess where the relationship is going. His past skeletons wont pose a threat to your new relationship. He is willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that you are secure. He wants to spend time with you. He wants you in his world & often encourages you to have relationships with other people in his life who are important to him. Even when he's mad, he may do some things to upset you but he doesnt disrespect you.

I'm not saying that everything between us has been perfect because it hasn't. The one problem that we encountered is that we were moving too fast. I laughed when he told me "I've been looking at your picture for so long that by the time I finally met you, I felt like we've been together for a year already. So by the time we actually met I had everything set."

We were SO into each other and all the bliss & emotions that goes along with it, that we lacked good communication on earth in some areas. It gave us a few problems as a result. I knew something was different when we tried to break up and I felt like I was going to die and his mama was calling me to ask what happened cuz her son is actin crazy. :lol: So after 6 months, I feel like we are just getting to a point where we are getting a good grasp of each other's flow & style. Who knows what will really happen? But the fact remains that I know he loves me more. He continues to keep that crystal clear with his actions. Its a little scary honestly. For now however I'm feeling good. That's my man. No mistake about that.

So so so so beautiful.

Thanks for giving the broken-hearted and single ladies out here hope for a better and brighter day. There are good men out there, indeed. :yep: :yep:

I don't think there's any harm in going out with him to see what he's about especially if you didn't get a bad vibe from him. If anything, ask your friends what he's like as well, just to get a feel. I love an adventure so I'd see where it goes:spinning:.

ETA: oh, hehe see, always just go with your gut! So happy it worked out for you!

Last edited:
Such a beautiful story congratulations!!!!I was so happy reading your posts! very encouraging as well!! He sounds like a beautiful man inside and out:)

Back