"I'm Going To Make You Fall In Love With Me"

Get a background check, Ask his friends questions if you feel comfortable, unfortunately they may take your inquiries back to him. WIsh you the best!

You have a great resource in the married couple for feeling him out so to speak. Go on and ask questions about him and his history. The couple took a long time to introduce the two of you..did you ask why?

ITA - why did the couple not say, "this awesome guy wants to meet you?"

OP, I didn't bother to read any other responses after the first page so I'm sorry if this has already been said BUT he sounds like a stalker in the making. I'm all for dudes being forward and gentlemenly...to a point. He has met and surpassed those boundaries.

While:

It's cute that he thought you were attractive and wanted to meet you. It's not cute that he decided that he wants you to love him before your first conversation (let alone date)...

It's cute that he wanted to get you a gift but being a stranger, a simple card would've sufficed. Buying you an iPod is a bit inappropriate for you to be a TOTAL stranger.

It's also cute that he was eager to meet you but being stalkerish in the background of your pics is creepy.

I'm sorry, I think you need to get as far away from him as you can.

Your story is so sweet and I hope it works out for you guys if you're interested in this guy. He seems to be infactuated with you!

Personally, the only men I've know to be this way have always turned out to be too aggressive, clingy and somewhat delusional. One also claimed to have "fallen in love" with me upon seeing a picture of me before he actually met me :look:. When I'm showing not one sign back to suggest that I like a man, I find it crazy that he thinks that he would be a welcome and significant addition into my life. Honestly, it's quite a turn-off and it's a strange mix of arrogance and desperation.

I've heard of men saying a similar line ("you're going to be my wife" etc) but I tend to find lovely. However, the woman in question is usually already with the man or views him as a contender, at least. I hope this is the case for you.

Your story is so sweet and I hope it works out for you guys if you're interested in this guy. He seems to be infactuated with you!

Personally, the only men I've know to be this way have always turned out to be too aggressive, clingy and somewhat delusional. One also claimed to have "fallen in love" with me upon seeing a picture of me before he actually met me :look:. When I'm showing not one sign back to suggest that I like a man, I find it crazy that he thinks that he would be a welcome and significant addition into my life. Honestly, it's quite a turn-off and it's a strange mix of arrogance and desperation.

I've heard of men saying a similar line ("you're going to be my wife" etc) but I tend to find lovely. However, the woman in question is usually already with the man or views him as a contender, at least. I hope this is the case for you.

This has been my experience as well. I hope that things are different for OP though. :yep: It seems that a lot of advice has been to go with your gut. I agree to a certain extent. In the old days wooing meant going to the house for months and months and sitting on the couch in the living room talking. Men didn't usually buy expensive gifts upon a first meeting and if they did, the girl deemed it inappropriate and refused it.

While I agree that a lot of women aren't used to being pursued (which I am not implying for the OP), I respectfully disagree that the OP should overlook this guy's over zealous behavior because he is "pursuing her". I know of several women who died at the hands of a "gentle pursuer".

Op, I am not wishing anything bad on you. Just be careful is all. I find it strange that it took a year of him 'convincing' your friends to introduce him to you. If he was a great guy why did it take so long?

Last edited:
I agree with these ladies, hey he's for real about you and is making it known:grin: no harm their. Enjoy every bit of it, atleast he realizes the importance of trying to impress you and it sould like he holds you in high regard and thats a plus. Sidenote, just keep your eyes open because he could be sincere or just plain crazy.
I think it's cute. I love forward men :look:

get'em girl :giggle:

I think that's why we all have an innate sense of intuition, that inner voice that tells us stop or go. Based on what the OP said, seems this guy is harmless and is not making her uncomfortable. Yes, we should never let our desire for a man cloud our judgment but we should also be free enough and bold enough to allow a little romance into our lives. :yep:

At least he isn't talking about when he will get a chance to smash that...Chivalry is shot to hell...I think his gesture is sweet, and could easily be interpreted as borderline creepy and weird. I just think may of us women arent use to a man "courting" as oppose to "hollering" at us.
I say take him up on his challenge, and see where it goes. Just dont string him along or mislead him. If you aren't interested let him know, otherwise, enjoy the ride.

I think it was seriously romantic. At least if it doesn't work out... you'll have something to fantasize about for a LONG time to come. I agree with other posters though. Be very careful to not lead him on.

Be cautious but also be sure that you're interested. SO was always very forward with me. (though very respectful of my limits) But those types aren't "The Rules" game playing types. They know what they want and so should you.

You should find out more about him though. Ask the married couple about him. (nothing wrong with that).

-A

Thanks for the responses.

I'm definitely going to be cautious with it. He is handsome & everything but I'm going to feel it out a bit more.

I'm sending Thank You cards to everyone who came to the party and I sent him a text yesterday asking for his full name and address. He replied & gave it to me. Then he sent me another text saying "Will you go out with me on Friday or Saturday? Please circle one."

I found that cute as hell but I haven't answered him back yet :lol:

If he was a great guy why did it take so long?

My guess is that the married couple knew that I was talking to someone. I stopped talking to that person in July, then was out of town for most of August & September. Maybe that's it - I'm not sure.

Thanks for the responses.

I'm definitely going to be cautious with it. He is handsome & everything but I'm going to feel it out a bit more.

I'm sending Thank You cards to everyone who came to the party and I sent him a text yesterday asking for his full name and address. He replied & gave it to me. Then he sent me another text saying "Will you go out with me on Friday or Saturday? Please circle one."

I found that cute as hell but I haven't answered him back yet :lol:

That's cute. That woulda tugged at my heart strings too. :yep:

ETA: Thanks for not taking offense to my advice.

Last edited:
Good luck! He sounds sweet, all the things he's done so far sound really cute. Most men aren't like that so yeah it is a little scary. I guess he could maybe dial it back just a bit. I think a lot of love stories start out like this though, you know, and years later mommy is talking about how corny daddy was and such, okay I'm getting ahead of myself, but since you are close friends with his friends I think you will be okay. Just make sure you get a little background info on him and move very slowly, you set the pace.

My guess is that the married couple knew that I was talking to someone. I stopped talking to that person in July, then was out of town for most of August & September. Maybe that's it - I'm not sure.

Just be sure to follow-up on this so that you do know for sure.

Well...I've been married for a year now and my husband came on very strong like this. He saw me and...well the rest is history. I don't mind that he knew right away what he wanted. I have a pretty ring on my finger, a husband that loves me more than himself and a loving companion for life. Not bad. :drunk: Not to mention I'm head over heels in love with HIIM.

Thank goodness he didn't turn out to be a nutcase. :lachen:I would say take it slow and see where it goes...but then I'm not sure I followed my own advice. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I'm trippin because we all say how much we like a man who makes his intentions known from the start. Here I am thinkin I'm always prepared to handle whomever whenever I get approached. Yet I was honestly taken aback by the way he was. I'm a mixture of surprised, creeped out and flattered, all at the same time. People at the party thought he was my boyfriend. This morning I looked in my camera at my pictures and he's in the background of most of them, kinda following me around. It was a bowling party so he wanted to play in whichever games I played, whatever lanes I played. He wasn't stalkerish at all but just very, very present.

I dunno...

He's very attractive actually, and has a really pretty twin sister that I met earlier this year. We kind of run in the same social circle but he's just someone I've never met.

LOL That's funny... I think when a man sees something he like he goes after it... That's called courting you girl LOL. I don't think it's creepy at all... My husband did this same thing to me and before I knew it I was screaming "I's married Now, I say I's married now!" :lachen:

Let's just say that ALOT has happened since then, as far as getting to know him, etc. :giggle:

Totally not a stalker or serial killer. Just extremely passionate about things that are important to him.

But he was right. I love him like you wouldn't believe. Didn't even see it coming. I didnt have a chance.

:love:

Up pops this old thread while I'm sitting here thinking about what to get him for his birthday next week. :lol:

Aw, sweet! And I feel you...I'm in the same boat you were...I'm encouraged to see what happens! I'm glad you guys are happy!

Thanks for the replies.

I guess I'm trippin because we all say how much we like a man who makes his intentions known from the start. Here I am thinkin I'm always prepared to handle whomever whenever I get approached. Yet I was honestly taken aback by the way he was. I'm a mixture of surprised, creeped out and flattered, all at the same time. People at the party thought he was my boyfriend. This morning I looked in my camera at my pictures and he's in the background of most of them, kinda following me around. It was a bowling party so he wanted to play in whichever games I played, whatever lanes I played. He wasn't stalkerish at all but just very, very present.

I dunno...

He's very attractive actually, and has a really pretty twin sister that I met earlier this year. We kind of run in the same social circle but he's just someone I've never met.

This reminds me of my dh.:giggle:

Trust your gut, is all I can say. My dh did a LOT to make sure he was able to be around me in those early stages, and I thought he was annoying. He got me in the end, though.:lachen:

Let's just say that ALOT has happened since then, as far as getting to know him, etc. :giggle:

Totally not a stalker or serial killer. Just extremely passionate about things that are important to him.

But he was right. I love him like you wouldn't believe. Didn't even see it coming. I didnt have a chance.

:love:

Up pops this old thread while I'm sitting here thinking about what to get him for his birthday next week. :lol:

Ummm, I'm afraid you're going to need to go into a bit more detail than that!:lachen:

This thread made me all happy. I read it from the beginning thinking how sweet it was, then got to your update and I just started cheesing! I love when things work out.:grin:

Anyway, I'm waiting...*taps foot*

Ummm, I'm afraid you're going to need to go into a bit more detail than that!:lachen:

This thread made me all happy. I read it from the beginning thinking how sweet it was, then got to your update and I just started cheesing! I love when things work out.:grin:

Anyway, I'm waiting...*taps foot*

what she said :look:

Back