I'm Getting a Divorce - Wish Me Luck!!

biancaelyse

Drum roll please..........................................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................

After 7 years of working with the same boss in 3 different roles (every time he's gotten a promotion, he's taken me with him) I've decided to take the plunge and join a different part of the company.

I'll also be working from home full time!!!

My boss and I are very close so he's calling it a "trial separation" until his next promotion.

My team of direct reports has been great. Some of them actually started crying when I told them that I was leaving the group and wouldn't be their boss anymore. Several of them have bought me stuff - roses, framed art, food :) and they're doing a surprise party for me next week :grin:.

The best part is that I'll have more time with my family. I've been toying with the idea of homeschooling my kids or doing Bianca's version of early college hs. This will make it more feasible.

Wish me luck!!

My heart almost stopped! :lol:

Congratulations!!! That's wonderful news! I hope this new position is everything you dream of!! :)

That sounds like great news. And here I thought you were about to tell us a story about some woman and a silly divorce party she's throwing. :lachen:

First of all, that was truly not funny :( I was worried for a moment.

Secondly, I wish you lots of luck in your new endeavor. I hope it's as fruitful as you intend! I'm sure it will be.

You did not fool me but I couldn't figure what the divorce was lol.

I knew you were transitioning to more home time but are you still in sales? How did the position change?

Bianca that heading was a heart stopper-dont do that...whew!
Wishing you all the best with you new move. That's an awesome opportunity!

Congratulations! What a wonderful opportunity!

And what a great compliment to be lauded in such a way by your directs! A rarity in corporate America for sure!

CONGRATS!!!!

im mad you already know about your surprise party lol

and its great that you can spend more time with the family..with the world we live in--every bit of nurturing counts!!!

You did not fool me but I couldn't figure what the divorce was lol.

I knew you were transitioning to more home time but are you still in sales? How did the position change?

Yup - I'm a Sales and Ops person right now and my new role is Sales and Marketing so my responsibilities will be not quite the same. Less direct day to day customer/sales interaction and more behind the scenes marketing analysis and new tool development/implementations.

Congratulations! What a wonderful opportunity!

And what a great compliment to be lauded in such a way by your directs! A rarity in corporate America for sure!

I have a really good team and most of them have worked for me for 5, 6 or 7 years. Whenever I've taken a new role, I usually got rid of the dead weight and brought over one of "my crew." Some have moved away, gotten divorce, gotten married, had kids and when they were ready to come back, I hired them to fill my vacancies. We are pretty tight.

Last edited:
You sound like you're a great boss. Not that I'm surprised. :bighug: I would be sad to see a boss like you go, too. :yep:

Congratulations on this new chapter in your life. I'm very happy for you but I have to tell you, I was semi-scared of the title of this thread until I noticed that you said, "wish me luck!" That's when I suspected that it had nothing to do with your husband! :lol:

Congratulations! Working from home definitely presents other opportunities for you and your family.

Back