I'm feeling really unappreciated

The two of you should have date nights.

It is easy to start feeling like roommates after a while. Keep the romance alive.

I know how that feels. When you are with someone and you are in a relationship things start to slip and one day you look up and they act as if they don't want to be bothered.

O k...... that's fine but you have the right to want what you want. And if what you want is a man that is going to make you feel wanted and pay attention to you then that is what you deserve.

I've also learned that love is a game I know it may not sound right but it is. When they act a certain way you have to act the same way back. So if a man is acting distant don't even say anything. Don't even act like anything is wrong. Start doing your own thing. Don't ask him any questions because he knows what he's doing.... Start taking out time for yourself. I've learned this many times over and over ... the hard way. Distance makes a man snap back in place just like it makes us women start asking questions...

I strongly believe that whatever you give out into the Universe will come back to you. So if you start showing love and extra attention for yourself, then that is what will come back to you.

It feels better when you accept whats going on then ask yourself, " What can I do for myself to make myself feel better?" Let the problem go then start working on you. It fells better when you let go..... Boggling your mind over a man and what he's not doing is MENTALLY EXHAUSTING. You can't make another person do anything. No even someone who is supposed to be obligated to you.

As for cooking... I commend you for cooking every weekday when you come home from work... A lot of women I know don't even cook. So when you are tired and you don't feel like cooking, I feel it is perfectly fine....

I'm sure he loves you... But sometimes you have to let a man know what the deal is once in a while... No need to get loud no need to keep telling him what you need over and over no need to keep asking questions over and over...

You can say a lot without saying anything at all.....

Perfect post- nothing else to add, and this is SO me. If DH acts funky, I'll give it right back to him. It's exhausting always wondering what is going on, what did I do wrong. etc. In relationships, things wax and wane. I have come to realize that its not all about me. He'll be alright.

What do you mean "loner"? Like if he like to be alone? If thats what your asking yea. He could sit in the house all day everyday and be fine. As long as i have dinner on the table he is good.

I miss the honeymoon stage lol and the time that we spend after he came back from Iraq. Now he like get away from me, heres a few dollars go buy conditioner and eyeshadow, or talk to your friends on the hair site...lol lol

How long was he in Iraq? How long has he been back?Has he ever talked about his experiences over there? Maybe some of the things that happened over there that he has seen and experienced are now coming down on him. For some that have served over there they do not like to talk about it but keeping it inside may do more harm than good in the long run.

I get that some are saying Girl give him his space and leave him alone. I am not saying that I disagree with them. But I wonder about his time overseas and how has that TRULY affected him. The reactions may not be immediate, it may be over time and that could be part of what you are dealing with him now. Just something to think about.

How long was he in Iraq? How long has he been back?Has he ever talked about his experiences over there? Maybe some of the things that happened over there that he has seen and experienced are now coming down on him. For some that have served over there they do not like to talk about it but keeping it inside may do more harm than good in the long run.

I get that some are saying Girl give him his space and leave him alone. I am not saying that I disagree with them. But I wonder about his time overseas and how has that TRULY affected him. The reactions may not be immediate, it may be over time and that could be part of what you are dealing with him now. Just something to think about.

He was in Iraq for 12months.. He left in September 2006 and came back September 2007. So he been home for 2 years. Everytime ive ask him about beening over there he gets mad. He refused to talk about what he had to do over there. I dont fuss or bug him about it. I've read into the PTSD. I havent notice any signs of it yet. Believe me i keep a close eye on him. He havent seem withdrawn....... I will keep an eye on him. I hate bringing up things like that because he will shut down.

Imho...If you "feel" unappreciated then he just might not be appreciating you at the moment or for however long you been feeling unappreciated...You know how long or short term it is and Imho that is your intuition speaking...I'm learning to pay more attention to my own intuition...

Back