I'm annoyed at my hair dresser...

vevster

I had a 6:15 appt. She was finishing up a client-- fine I debun my hair and wait. Ten minutes later another client walks in. She asks me what I am getting and I tell her a touch up.

She take the girl that came after me washes and sets he and puts her under the dryer.

I feel she should have started me first and worked in the wash and set.

What say ye ladies! I'm under the dryer now :mad:

ITA with you. She should have relaxed you, neutralized, and threw you under the dryer for a DC, then got started on the other girls wash and set.

However, she may have thought the girl who wanted the wash and set would leave with impatience after seeing you getting a touch-up, which can be a lengthy process.

Vev you good, cause I would have walked out on her A double scribble, a T-up cost way more than a wash and set, I bet she would have waited on you alot quicker the next time you showed up if there was a next time.

I agree with Kelz.

ITA with you. She should have relaxed you, neutralized, and threw you under the dryer for a DC, then got started on the other girls wash and set.

However, she may have thought the girl who wanted the wash and set would leave with impatience after seeing you getting a touch-up, which can be a lengthy process.

I would've been pissed and rescheduled or walked out....its one thing to overbook but to just take a WALK-IN over your regular client is unprofessional.

My stylist had no problem telling walk-ins that she was just too busy to do their hair and would tell them to come back or make an appointment.

I'll be damned if some walk-in takes my confirmed appointment.

Was the other girl a regular or a walk-in? Did you know her appointment time.

I would've been pissed and rescheduled or walked out....its one thing to overbook but to just take a WALK-IN over your regular client is unprofessional.

My stylist had no problem telling walk-ins that she was just too busy to do their hair and would tell them to come back or make an appointment.

:yep: My stylist would do the same. Regular clients always come first in her book, no doubt.

Vev you good, cause I would have walked out on her A double scribble, a T-up cost way more than a wash and set, I bet she would have waited on you alot quicker the next time you showed up if there was a next time.

Girl, I really needed my touch up. I made a point of asking WHY the other girl came first tho.

And I did NOT TIP HER.

I'm going to find someone else.

I have no idea.... but I was on time and she came after me. That was all I needed to know...

:perplexed

Girl, I really needed my touch up. I made a point of asking WHY the other girl came first tho.

And I did NOT TIP HER.

I'm going to find someone else.

What was her answer?

Either way, I'm glad you didn't tip her and have decided to at least try and find someone else. I think stylists need to see that they can't treat their clients any kind of way and still expect their business.

Glad you didn't tip.

Next time she takes a walk in before you, if there is a next time, you should get up and leave.

I did this once (only had to do it once) and my point was made without saying a word. I just left while the stylist was in the back washing a walk in. She did call me later and I explained that I made an "appointment" for a reason and I did not appreciate a walk-in being taken ahead of me.

Vev, I'm honestly shocked that you stayed. You seem like such a fireplug:wink2:

Ya know, every time I 'think' I may want to go to a salon, someone posts a story like this and I bust a mental U-turn:nono:

If you're appointment was at 6:15 then the client that walked in COULD'VE had a 6pm appointment.

I cant stand that either. YOU the one who is on time for YOUR appointment but the client who walks in 15 mins late bumps your time back because she was supposed to be there at 6, not 6:15.

That's probably why she worked on her head first if she wasnt a walk-in. Client was late.

If you're appointment was at 6:15 then the client that walked in COULD'VE had a 6pm appointment.

I cant stand that either. YOU the one who is on time for YOUR appointment but the client who walks in 15 mins late bumps your time back because she was supposed to be there at 6, not 6:15.

That's probably why she worked on her head first if she wasnt a walk-in. Client was late.
When I asked why I didn't go first she didn't say she had an earlier appt.

Vev, I'm honestly shocked that you stayed. You seem like such a fireplug:wink2:

Ya know, every time I 'think' I may want to go to a salon, someone posts a story like this and I bust a mental U-turn:nono:

Girl,

I worked a long day and really needed my hair touched up. You know how that is....
I pick my battles...

That's why I stopped getting my hair done at salons (except for my sew-ins) I got tired of sitting there sometimes til midnight, watching them take MULTIPLE breaks, overbooking clients, etc....SMH... I was a shampoo girl from the age of 13-19 so I've seen it ALL!

I feel your pain.
My old stylist was a pita. She'd be on the phone, up front talking to clients/friends, taking walk-ins, eating and all kinds of bullish THEN she'd try to loud talk me into getting a trim...

If I could successfully do my own relaxers, I'd never go to a stylist again.

I understand why you stayed though.

How'd your hair turn out, Vev? Hopefully well.

I've been there too many times, I started showing up first thing in the morning on Sundays, then be out of there in time for church.

Now I'm just a DIY'er.

Thank you for your post, OP!!! I have to congratulate myself on taking control and staying out of the SALON DRAMA!!!! I'm 100% DIYer since January 2008. Come join us, and taste the freedom!

I had a 6:15 appt. She was finishing up a client-- fine I debun my hair and wait. Ten minutes later another client walks in. She asks me what I am getting and I tell her a touch up.

She take the girl that came after me washes and sets he and puts her under the dryer.

I feel she should have started me first and worked in the wash and set.

What say ye ladies! I'm under the dryer now :mad:
GROWL. I hate it when hairdressers do this. I don't usually go back unless we have reached an understanding that it will not happen again. Cranky me, might just cancel and tell her I can't wait around as I thought we had a set appointment time, and go somewhere else.:look:I have been known to walk (not storm) out, after explaining that I have to cancel, and why.

Thank you for your post, OP!!! I have to congratulate myself on taking control and staying out of the SALON DRAMA!!!! I'm 100% DIYer since January 2008. Come join us, and taste the freedom!

That is one of my resolution for 2009! Stylists piss me off when they dont realize that without the customers they wouldnt be jacksh**!

Back