Ignoring Your Feelings..

Curlybeauty

So I was talking to a friend of mine and I brought up the topic of how a man can talk to a female he really likes and not catch feelings...or atleast not right away..

His response was that they do catch feelings but they just ignore them. Something that we as women have a hard time doing...

I know personally that I can definately relate to this..thoughts?

Personal experiences, advice on how to deal with feelings that come too soon, and any comments in general are welcome :yep:

I'm not sure about ignoring your feelings but you can certainly stabilize them....rationalize them. Tell yourself, "this person is really cool. We vibe. I like his style. Maybe we can be great friends." Focus on just developing a friendship with him rather than having visions of marrying him, your wedding, how your name will sound next to his last name and having his babies. You know how we do. :lol: You can make yourself take things slower by seeing the situation as an opportunity for a budding frienship and nothing more. It will keep you coy and intriguing and genuine. You can accept that you are grateful for whatever may come from the experience. Even if it's only a frienship...and just allow it to be.

I'm not sure about ignoring your feelings but you can certainly stabilize them....rationalize them. Tell yourself, "this person is really cool. We vibe. I like his style. Maybe we can be great friends." Focus on just developing a friendship with him rather than having visions of marrying him, your wedding, how your name will sound next to his last name and having his babies. You know how we do. :lol: You can make yourself take things slower by seeing the situation as an opportunity for a budding frienship and nothing more. It will keep you coy and intriguing and genuine. You can accept that you are grateful for whatever may come from the experience. Even if it's only a frienship...and just allow it to be.

Smuckie...you said that!!! I don't know if anything else needs to be said...

OT: Smuckie Thanks for introducing me to Ross Oscar Knight...gurl me and my BFF was crying the other day looking at the photos! I'm seriously thinking about using him for my wedding!

Thanks for all of that...

Exactly what I needed to hear...but it's hard not thinking about if I could look at him standing across from me at the altar lol...just a habit. If I cant iamgine me wanting to marry you then we have no reason to converse....

My experience has been that I don't usually develop serious feelings for someone unless I allow myself to get close enough to them for that to happen. I can have crush-feelings and things of that sort, but they usually fade after a period of being friends.

ETA: I think it's fine to have visions of walking across the altar, future children, etc as long as you see it as just fantasy. I fantasize about that stuff sometimes, but since I know I won't be ready for that for another 4-5 years it grounds me. Think about it as just something fun to do when you're bored at work, lol.

Thanks Vinyl.....

I feel like I need to redeem myself right now and get ahold of my emotions. I've been on a mission for awhile now and now that i'm headed down the road I always wanted to be on...I think i've lost control of my emotions/hormones all together. I don't want to back up off of him but I do want to get a grip and get past the lust/crush/and infatuation....

Smuckie...you said that!!! I don't know if anything else needs to be said...

OT: Smuckie Thanks for introducing me to Ross Oscar Knight...gurl me and my BFF was crying the other day looking at the photos! I'm seriously thinking about using him for my wedding!

:yay: Well congratulations on your pending wedding. I can't wait til you come here and post your pics! :yay:

Back