If your hair is X length stretched/straightened..

pinkchocolatedaisy

how long did it take to reach said length unstretched? What I mean is for example, if your hair is shoulder length stretched (but let's say NL unstretched), how long did it take to reach SL (or any length) unstretched?

I hope I'm making sense lol :rolleyes::look:

I understand your question. I think the answer will vary, depending on the person's hair type. 4A hair will take a bit longer since it shrinks more than any other texture. I'm not natural though, so maybe others can come in and give you their personal estimates.

It depends on how much shrinkage you have. I would assume that with 50% shrinkage it would take me 4 years to get to chin/neck length unstretched from start to finish. But stretched my hair would be about waistlength by then. Some people's hair still looks like a TWA though even when it gets long bc they have massive shrinkage. The member misscocoface comes to mind. Her hair looked like a TWA but was BSL stretched.

Yeah... my hair is 4b. My straightened hair is in my avatar and siggy. My unstretched hair isn't even eye length. :lachen:

I imagine what you're asking is how long it will take (future) to get to the length it is straightened but when in its shrunken state? I haven't the foggiest idea. Straightened, my hair is past shoulder in the back. Shrunken it's about 2 inches long so about neck length in the back. I have no idea how long it will take for it to be past shoulder length when shrunken.

Yes! You totally understood me! :grin: I really don't want to straighten my hair (well, I just tried- not all of it but I just wasn't feeling it...) and I have given up on trying to type my hair. I"m just curious b/c at the rate my hair is going with it being so thick, I don't know how I would handle anything that went beyond just below SL.

I imagine what you're asking is how long it will take (future) to get to the length it is straightened but when in its shrunken state? I haven't the foggiest idea. Straightened, my hair is past shoulder in the back. Shrunken it's about 2 inches long so about neck length in the back. I have no idea how long it will take for it to be past shoulder length when shrunken.

Back