Anyone Here With Hair Shrinkage Goals!

My hair grows so much more "OUT" than it does "DOWN" so I don't have any hair "shrinkage" goals myself. I'd have to have a "width" goal instead of a "length" goal, LOL.

But anyways, I know I'm late with this but I just wanted to say I wish everyone luck in reaching their shrinkage goals. I'm going to be keeping an eye out in this thread for updates/inspiration :yep:

Yep, that is what I can claim, it did go out a little, but nothing went down!:lachen: The only time in my life I want something on my body to go down and it won't. :nono::lachen:

Are you taking about shrinkage as freshly washed unmanipulated hair? If so, no I have no goals. My hair shrinks so much that I think I'll always have a 1.5inch fro on freshly washed hair :ohwell: It also grows up instead of down. I fully support height goals. I'm trying to see if my fro can blot out the sun... maybe that's a challenge for another thread. Who has the highest free standing afro. There are a lot of threads and measurements for "hang down" hair. Maybe it's time for "grow up" hair challenges.

I do have a goal of shrunken twists sitting just below my shoulders, my hair would probably have to be midback length for that. I don't know if I can handle all that hair tho.

Lys

Are you taking about shrinkage as freshly washed unmanipulated hair? If so, no I have no goals. My hair shrinks so much that I think I'll always have a 1.5inch fro on freshly washed hair :ohwell: It also grows up instead of down. I fully support height goals. I'm trying to see if my fro can blot out the sun... maybe that's a challenge for another thread. Who has the highest free standing afro. There are a lot of threads and measurements for "hang down" hair. Maybe it's time for "grow up" hair challenges.

I do have a goal of shrunken twists sitting just below my shoulders, my hair would probably have to be midback length for that. I don't know if I can handle all that hair tho.

Lys

Yeah that is what we are all trying to do like maybe some twists or something. I was trying to go by my fro but yours sound like mine. It has a fear of heights or lengths.

It may be a good idea to set up a BAA size. I don't know why we can't add that to this site. Just as long as you are seeing progress with your hair in its shrunken state then that is good enough for us.

So go ahead a represent with the afro. I may have to join you with that one.

Ladies I would love to give you a sample but I am extremely low and have reordered because it usually lasts me 9 mos to a year.

I don't have enough left in the container for a good week. But if I did I would share it with you.

Yeah that is what we are all trying to do like maybe some twists or something. I was trying to go by my fro but yours sound like mine. It has a fear of heights or lengths.

It may be a good idea to set up a BAA size. I don't know why we can't add that to this site. Just as long as you are seeing progress with your hair in its shrunken state then that is good enough for us.

So go ahead a represent with the afro. I may have to join you with that one.

My last shrunken state pic was just over a year ago. it was slightly picked out tho, but not by much. After I take these braids out, I'll do a comparison shot. If there's no difference in the shrunken states, I'll start a BAA challenge.

Lys

i would like a chin length bob. i think it is very reasonable i have crazy shrinkage but im going for tbl stretched so i think i can make it

my waist length unstretched goal is still the same.

since dec in its unstretched state its moved about 1 inch and a half from top of shoulder unstretched to collarbone length unstretched.

if and if im lucky i "might" get close underarm unstretched by the end of this year.

I want to join this challenge. My ultimate shrinkage goal is shoulder length unstretched. I think that is reasonable with the amount of shrinkage I have.:yep: I'll post progress pics in my fotki later today.

So how's everyone doing? I'm so lazy about posting pics. It looks as though I may not be alone in that.:lachen:

I'm going to really try to get a natural braid pic up here this weekend. I hope some of you will be able to show those gorgeous natural manes of yours soon. Take care everyone, and happy New Year if I don't get back in here.:band2::dance7:

I know no one's posted in this thread in a long while, but I'm going through some things with my hair and need this kind of inspiration.

Right now my hair is almost BSB length stretched and about ear length completely shrunken. After I straighten my hair on Tuesday, I think I'm leaving wng's alone for awhile. They just frustrate me too much :nono:. All of this growth but no length to show for it :wallbash:. My ultimate goal is an APL twistout or braidout and I know that's going to be years down the road.

To the ladies who were originally in this challenge, how does your shrunken hair compare from then to now? Any updates?

I think that it would be great to get this challenge started up again :yep:.

I never saw this post when it was first posted but I don't have any shrinkage goals. My shrinkage seems to be the same no matter what length my hair is. I recently stretched a braid section at my nape to see how far it stretches and got this:

ngesthairsectiononmyheadIthink-vi.jpg

Today I undid the same braid and wet the section then let it airdry and my shrinkage was no different from what it was a year ago:

shrinkageApril2010-vi.jpg

I have no shrinkage goals because I doubt I will ever wear my hair shrunken. I plait my hair all the time so there's going to be some stretch no matter how I wear my hair. My dream has always been to be able to create a pony puff like MizzBrit's but that will involve stretching the hair to get it into the puff, so the longer it is, the easier it will be to do that, but as far as where my hair falls when it is shrunken? My hair doesn't fall. It shrinks up and stands up into a compact afro:
rabouttorinsebeforeflatironing-vi.jpg

I would LOVE to have BSL shrunken twists that would be absolutely perect for me....I think once my hair gets around WSL I'll be mostly wearing my hair in styles like that:yep:

i would love for my twist/braids out to sit ON my shoulders..and my twist come to about APL..or my wet hair to come to Collarbone length..thatll be in about 2 years maybe. i never let my hair shrink up though..cause too many problems

i've always said that i will be happy with wl unstretched. though i may want to go for hl unstretched, but that might be too much darn hair. but wl unstretched is a do or die for me lol

Great thread.

Unstreched is really the only goal I have since I do not straighten my hair anymore. I don't have a lot of shrinkage, so my goal is hip length unstreched. Might take a while, but that's ok :yep:

Great thread mscoco,

I don't have a time goal for my unstretched, just as I don't have a time goal for my stretched. However...

My goal stretched is HL...

Unstretched my goal, I guess would be BSL-MBL...

Right now, I'm APL stretched...and see my siggy for where my unstretched hair falls...

My unstretched goal is APL. I only have about 25% shrinkage so I think that will definitely be attainable when my stretched hair is BSL or MBL.

Back