IF YOU LOST THIS MUCH HAIR?

For real... that is A LOT of hair... that's my whole head!! Now... it's not a problem for you. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous!!! :lick:

But if you're done with that hair pass it on over here girl cause I'll fashion a weave out of that and I'll be able to reach my own goal of APL tomorrow! :lachen:

:lachen: :lachen:

girl u crack me! so silly!

Hey chica -

You must have a good method of keeping more hair on your head becuase your hair is soooooo long a lush. I'm sure just a few strands of your shed hair looks like a lot more than it really is.

I'd like to think that I wouldn't panic but I know I would be screaming if I saw that much hair come out of my head during 1 detangling session. I've been so crazed by shed hair that I've separated and counted. It was only thirteen strands but I swear it looked more like thirteen hundred.

Keep up the great work Iris - the hair on your head is the proof!!

It is shocking to see but it looks normal for two weeks. I lost that much when I had my braids in for 2 1/2 weeks and I was depressed for a week, lol. I kept feeling my hair like dang, half my hair is gone. I've been scared to get braids ever since, lol. I do think it's normal though.

This happens to me when I take out my sew in. I have sooo much hair in the tub. I cry everytime. Even though, I know that its gonna happen, I can't help it.

So this was inspiring, the only setback is my hair is not half as long as yours...

Hey chica -

You must have a good method of keeping more hair on your head becuase your hair is soooooo long a lush. I'm sure just a few strands of your shed hair looks like a lot more than it really is.

I'd like to think that I wouldn't panic but I know I would be screaming if I saw that much hair come out of my head during 1 detangling session. I've been so crazed by shed hair that I've separated and counted. It was only thirteen strands but I swear it looked more like thirteen hundred.

Keep up the great work Iris - the hair on your head is the proof!!

Thank you mama!

yeah I had those days of panic and counting, the longer/thicker your hair gets the worse it gets , aint that a trip? you would think it would be the opposite! your right the reason it looks like more is because its long strands all wrapped up. When this keeps happening what happens is like Cichelle said you keep looking at your head and saying well its staying normal, so it must be ok, because I think its always somewhat freakish to see this much hair no matter what! :lol:

lol girl

I think it just looks like it! But yeah this is actually normal for my head

u wont be shedding like this anytime soon at all
Yeah, it just looks like more because you have so much length. Four or five of my shed hairs can be balled up into a ball to look like a lot more.

This happens to me when I take out my sew in. I have sooo much hair in the tub. I cry everytime. Even though, I know that its gonna happen, I can't help it.

So this was inspiring, the only setback is my hair is not half as long as yours...

Its funny how we know the normal amount of shedding still has to come out and we still cant prepare our minds for it :lol: like I said I sometimes just look at or hold it -like OMG! even though I know its normal :lol:

I'm glad this was inspiring, thats why I posted it to somewhat help with the shed hair panic we all go through from time to time

Its funny how we know the normal amount of shedding still has to come out and we still cant prepare our minds for it :lol: like I said I sometimes just look at or hold it -like OMG! even though I know its normal :lol:

I'm glad this was inspiring, thats why I posted it to somewhat help with the shed hair panic we all go through from time to time

Hey girl,

Fantastic Thread..

It is shocking to see but it looks normal for two weeks. I lost that much when I had my braids in for 2 1/2 weeks and I was depressed for a week, lol. I kept feeling my hair like dang, half my hair is gone. I've been scared to get braids ever since, lol. I do think it's normal though.

yeah its hard to see that two week amount even though its normal! its shocking to see it all at once like that

we got issues! :grin:

That seems normal for

a. 2 weeks
b. how long and thick your hair is.....

:grin:

I was just about to post the exact same thing. Your hair is gorgeous by the way.

Now if I saw that kind of shedding from MY HEAD, I would have a heart attack.

I was just about to post the exact same thing. Your hair is gorgeous by the way.

Now if I saw that kind of shedding from MY HEAD, I would have a heart attack.

Thank you!

hehe the funny thing is you get used to but not ever fully used to it if you know what I mean

I mean you just never like to see that much hair even when ur used to it

Oh my... I think that after seeing that I'll never feel depressed about how much my hair sheds again!

it depends on how long my hair is... if i was like... waist length even apl i wouldn't fret... if it was NOW where i'm between neck and should stretched.. i think i'd pass out... honestly.. or break into tears and have a nervous break down cause i detangle (WITH A DENMAN) every other day and i lose literally a teeny tiny bit of shed hair.

it depends on how long my hair is... if i was like... waist length even apl i wouldn't fret... if it was NOW where i'm between neck and should stretched.. i think i'd pass out... honestly.. or break into tears and have a nervous break down cause i detangle (WITH A DENMAN) every other day and i lose literally a teeny tiny bit of shed hair.

yeah when I was losing my hair in massive amounts like this daily when I was sick and didnt know what was going on yet, I was crying so much!

i would b in tears!!! but yea for all that hair you have and for two weeks thats good :yep: i hate shedding tho scares me even tho i kno its got to happen

i would b in tears!!! but yea for all that hair you have and for two weeks thats good :yep: i hate shedding tho scares me even tho i kno its got to happen

yeah sweetie! its like trauma LOL

I still cant believe how much hair can come out this head of mine at times!

Thank you so much for posting this thread because I shed hair especially in the summertime anywhere from 50-100 hairs a day. They have the bulb on them so I wasn't that worried about it until I started asking other people how much hair they shed daily and it was nowhere near what I loose. Now I definately won't be concerned. I have begun to do protective styles and really only comb my hair maybe twice or so a week. Thank you for letting me know I am not alone.:grin:

At one time what would you do? :lol:

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki
It used to have me like :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

But this amount of shedding is normal for me since I dont do frequent full comb throughs! This is about two weeks worth of shedding , I usually go a week but my hair was hangin so tough this time, that I could still swing just the touch ups and it still was looking good! :yep: so I stretched it a little longer this time, probably wont do it agian though! But this is shed hair just from a 'finger through' with oil to remove the shed hair before I do it! It doesnt even freak me out anymore because I know its a totally normal amount! but it looks massive! i know it would make people go :eek2:
:giggle:

Yep, I lose that and more because sometimes I only comb my hair after 2 weeks... I'm gonna stop doing that thou because the other day I was rinsing but not combing and my hair dreaded up. Now what I do is comb evernight to prevent knatting..

Thank you so much for posting this thread because I shed hair especially in the summertime anywhere from 50-100 hairs a day. They have the bulb on them so I wasn't that worried about it until I started asking other people how much hair they shed daily and it was nowhere near what I loose. Now I definately won't be concerned. I have begun to do protective styles and really only comb my hair maybe twice or so a week. Thank you for letting me know I am not alone.:grin:

aww your welcome! I know not knowing where to draw the line at normal can make shedding really worrisome!

Back