If you have been pondering getting a steamer...

ShiShiPooPoo

please don't!

This is the single best investment that I have made regarding my hair. I ordered the steamer from SalonsRUs (129.88 shipping included) and it took about a week to get to me. It was very easy to assemble. Friday night I shampooed then slathered on my L'anza moisture condtioner and sat under the steamer for about 30 minutes. My hair just sopped up that conditioner about a thousand times more than when I sit under the dryer. Then, because I loved it so much, I decided to give myself a protein treatment under there Saturday night with Aphogee two minute. I sat under there for an hour this time. I did notice that when I combed the conditioner through Saturday night that some loose scalp flakes were in my comb like my scalp was shedding dead skin. My scalp felt soooo good afterward and my hair (particularly the ends) feels so smooth and hydrated.

The only thing that I regret is not getting a steamer sooner. I don't know how I went so long without one! It seems to make whatever conditioner you use work a thousand times better.

Bye!

please don't!

This is the single best investment that I have made regarding my hair. I ordered the steamer from SalonsRUs (129.88 shipping included) and it took about a week to get to me. It was very easy to assemble. Friday night I shampooed then slathered on my L'anza moisture condtioner and sat under the steamer for about 30 minutes. My hair just sopped up that conditioner about a thousand times more than when I sit under the dryer. Then, because I loved it so much, I decided to give myself a protein treatment under there Saturday night with Aphogee two minute. I sat under there for an hour this time. I did notice that when I combed the conditioner through Saturday night that some loose scalp flakes were in my comb like my scalp was shedding dead skin. My scalp felt soooo good afterward and my hair (particularly the ends) feels so smooth and hydrated.

The only thing that I regret is not getting a steamer sooner. I don't know how I went so long without one! It seems to make whatever conditioner you use work a thousand times better.

Bye!

You made my heart skip a beat. I thought you stated "just don't" like don't buy one (clutching my pearls...). But then I read on. This was the single best investment for my hair by far!

I am so happy that you love it!

I have been pondering this for a while.

I have VERY dry hair. I DC every week but nothing's really working. So I was hoping steaming might work.

I was scared I'd buy it and it wouldn't work for me then that would be $150 down the drain:ohwell:

Plus, I am horrible at rollersetting so I usually go to the salon:ohwell:

I almost joined a no buy challenge...whew that was close, I knew I was forgetting something! LOL I want a steamer too!!

I have VERY dry hair. I DC every week but nothing's really working. So I was hoping steaming might work.

I was scared I'd buy it and it wouldn't work for me then that would be $150 down the drain:ohwell:

Loca, I am tellin' ya'! YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!! Your hair is exactly like mine (pm me and I will show you some pics). The steamer, Phyto II, henna and Joico changed my hair around.

Ok....I just ordered the one from SalonRUs after returning some hair products! I guess I will buy some Yes to Carrots and Aphogee stuff later!

Ladies how long did it take for you to recieve it?

My hair is really dry and I want highlights to boot (natural hair). I condition all the time but I think I steamer would be aworht while investment. Thanks for the tip.

if you really want to try it out (alot of ladies who previously reported dry hair have said that it works wonders for them) you can find a salon that gives steaming treatments, usually for an additional $15 or so, and see how you like it.

Before I invested in my steamer my hair was drier than the sahara. Even though I knew all about steam treatments long before LHCF I never got it done as often as I should have.

Regular steaming has revitalised my hair and I no longer have crispy fried looking ends.

if you really want to try it out (alot of ladies who previously reported dry hair have said that it works wonders for them) you can find a salon that gives steaming treatments, usually for an additional $15 or so, and see how you like it.

The salon I go to has a steamer but it's not working right now. Guess I gotta search for a salon that has one.

My hair is really dry and I want highlights to boot (natural hair). I condition all the time but I think I steamer would be aworht while investment. Thanks for the tip.

this is why i purchased mine. i dont know if it works yet. i dont really have a dry hair problem normally but i do chronically when I get color, so when i get highlights in a couple of months, i hope that the steamer coupled with protein condish/restructurers will keep my hair in good condition.

Shi thanks for sharing! I only have a steamer cap thing that I purchased from ebay years ago but have always wanted an actual steamer(table top or standing). I am going to put this on my to buy list and will hopefully be able to purchase it soon.

I bought a steamer years ago and I pulled it out last week. I am going to try and give myself weekly treatments.

I am thinking about buying one from here: hairgift.com. They have free shipping. Maybe it will help with the dryness I experience. Maybe I will treat myself for Mothers Day. Along with new flat iron and blowdryer I bought already. :grin:

Okay I think I've posted in every steamer thread on this joint. I finally plan to buy a steamer on May 29th. Can't wait!

Hey ShiShi. I bought the exact same one from SalonsRUs via e-bay about a month ago, but still haven't used it. Reading this makes me want to pull it out 2-nite. Thanks for posting this. I will definitely have to Moisture Up and Steam 4-sho' now. Happy Steaming Sis.

This is one item that everyone should have, period. If you can't afford it yet at least do the home grown method. Salons here are charging additional 20-25 per treatment. When I wear my hair down I can never run my fingers through the ends without breakage. I did it several times today on purpose and not ONE broken hair.

This is one item that everyone should have, period. If you can't afford it yet at least do the home grown method. Salons here are charging additional 20-25 per treatment. When I wear my hair down I can never run my fingers through the ends without breakage. I did it several times today on purpose and not ONE broken hair.

I've been spending so much money lately so I'm trying to be good until the end of May. My ends need this.

I want a steamer AND a pibbs.....:look:
salonsrus has a dryer that looks and supposedly works just like the pibbs...

...costs about as much as that steamer.

i think when i move into my new apt i will buy the pibbs knockoff, and look into getting a steam treatment around here somewhere so i can see what all the fuss is about.

does it matter what brand? i wonder do they sell them locally.

Back