If you have been pondering getting a steamer...

How many times do you ladies steam a week? And do you steam while using a protein conditioner as well?

I just steamed with AO GPB. Rinsed it out and now I am sitting with a Plastic Cap on with AO HSR w/o steam. This is my 2nd time this week. But I think I am going to do it once a week -- Hopefully I can. As good as it feels, I want to do it everyday:lick: JK

May do it like Cream Tee and Do a Protein w/Steam and follow up w/a Moisturizing Conditioner w/Steam:spinning:

The salon I go to has a steamer but it's not working right now. Guess I gotta search for a salon that has one.

Hey !
Don't know if you are in BK..
But there is a Dom salon on Nostrand and Snyder that has a steamer... I usually use it when I go there... I think they charge about $3 extra to use it.
There is also another salon (that I frequent) called Mary's on Nostrand and Farragut that use a steamer.

I got the same one, after shopping around, and they had the best deal. I LOVE IT!!!! One of the best investments I ever made.

Very convincing...and I'm always trying to spend more money. But while I wait for some extra cash, I'll keep going to the steam room at the gym and using the hot towel method. Enjoy your steam, girls!

I ordered one AJJ - If it's too bulky and takes up precious space in my home, I'll sell it to ya on a payment plan.
You are such a sweetheart!! :kiss:

I know our hair is going to love the steamer. It's going to give weight and body to our hair because of the moisture going deep in to the hair shaft. That will save so much breakage over time I know...And its good for our skin as an added benefit!! :brainfog:

You know what's interesting is that the steam treatments help to keep natural hair from reverting in the humidity! Isn't that amazing?

My SalonRUs steamer was waiting for me when I got home yestereday! :drunk: It took less than 5 mins to put together. I steamed my hair after misting my hair with water and applying Miss K 10 en 1 and Olive Oil for 60 mins.......I'M IN LOVE! My hair feels GREAT and the whole process felt so pampering! The steamer is quiet (unlike my bonnet dryer) so watching tv was no problem!

:rolleyes: I'm thinking about steaming in short bursts (maybe 10 mins) several times during the week as part of my "moisture/sealing" routine in addition longer deep conditioning sessions.

Man, I want a steamer. I'm worried I won't have anywhere to put it since I already have a Pibbs. Maybe I'll buy the steamer anyway and worry about somewhere to put it later. LOL

Can you adjust the height of the steamer like you can on a Pibbs hair dryer?

ETA: Nevermind, I'll find out when my steamer gets delivered!

Last edited:
Ladies I love my steamer!! I steam three days a week and I am in love!!!

ME TOO Charz! I am totally, absolutely, completely, head over heels in Love. :love2:

And I think what I love most about it......is that it Really makes Your Products Perform to a Higher Standard. This is what it does to Product and Tangles, :whip:

Your are So Right It's Da' Bomb !

ME TOO Charz! I am totally, absolutely, completely, head over heels in Love. :love2:

And I think what I love most about it......is that it Really makes Your Products Perform to a Higher Standard. This is what it does to Product and Tangles, :whip:

Your are So Right It's Da' Bomb !

Heck yeah!

And to think I was spending so much money to find a staple deep conditioner! But in all actuality the steamer was the key to unlocking my conditioner's potential!

$130 for the steamer is nothing if you think of all the money I will save from not having to buy so much conditioner! It is a good investment! I actually can use less conditioner when doing my DC's!!!!

Heck yeah!

And to think I was spending so much money to find a staple deep conditioner! But in all actuality the steamer was the key to unlocking my conditioner's potential!

$130 for the steamer is nothing if you think of all the money I will save from not having to buy so much conditioner! It is a good investment! I actually can use less conditioner when doing my DC's!!!!

I KNOW Charz! And People talk about finding: The Holy Grail of Conditioner!:lachen: And on an Endless Search for "the perfect conditioner"

When all they need to do is Purchase a Steamer ! For me, it has been the Missing Link.:think:

Don't get me wrong though, I still like to buy Conditioner.:look: But I see the Conditioner Performing so Much Better with the Assistance of the Steam.

There is Absolutely NO COMPARISON to Deep Conditioning without it. None.:rolleyes:

It would be interesting to see if anyone doesn't like the steam treatments. I've only ever heard positives, this must tell folk something! :D

It would be interesting to see if anyone doesn't like the steam treatments. I've only ever heard positives, this must tell folk something! :D

It is a Very Wise Investment. You will get the most from your product and your Hair feels Absolutely Wonderful:yep: A very Smart Investment.:scratchch

I had to go on a business trip last week and I swear that I was going through steam withdrawal. So, guess what I did FIRST thing this morning? :drunk:

Ahhhh, much better now.

I had to go on a business trip last week and I swear that I was going through steam withdrawal. So, guess what I did FIRST thing this morning? :drunk:

Ahhhh, much better now.
:lachen:Girl, I'm Feelin' "Ya. It's Amazing, Isn't It? Like: Where have you been all my life.:look:

Hmm...I've had a steam treatment once. long before hair boards & knowing what transitioning & being natural meant. It made my hair feel great. Will have to order this.

If I was still single, I would totally do it. My DH is already complaining about the stand dryer, I think he might leave me if I brought a steamer up in here!

I just got mine on Tuesday. LOVE IT. :lick: I was just looking at the Steamer challenge thread from last year and was gonna bump it to see how everything went for them.

BUMP....how are you ladies enjoying your steamers these days?

The Steamer is Totally Wonderful.:blush: You will get so much so much more from your Conditioners.

The Average Ones will become Good and the Good Conditioners Will become "Great":grin:

It is still by Far, the Best Single Hair Purchase, I've ever Bought.

BUMP....how are you ladies enjoying your steamers these days?

I LOVE MY STEAMER!!!! I use it 2x a week when not in braids and 1x when in braids. We live on an Air Force Base so space is limited but I have my two loves on either side of me, DH to my right and my steamer next to the bed on the left!!!! Now thats love. :lachen:

Last edited:
:yep: All of Them.

What chu tryna say??:look:

:lachen:J/K Girl I can imagine how a steam treatment would make my hair feel. I have a lot of stuff (equipment) to buy...I've been doing pretty good though, so I deserve a Pibbs, Steamer and FHI Runway. I haven't been buying anything new lately....Aside from Softliss BKT....But that's it......I think

Back