If you had to name one person....

When I saw this thread my first thought was that it was unfair and maybe even a delicate/sensitive topic. I said that I wasn't going to reply at all. I agree with Amethyst, that I have learned a lot from many people.

I think I said this in another thread similar to this one but there are MANY people that are inspirational to me. Even people who aren't on this board and don't even know me.

I really don't want to name one person but I will mention ONE of my inspirations. That person is Tracy because looking at her pictures makes me feel that one day I will be able to color my relaxed hair and still have it looking great. She is also a fine-haired chica like me and that makes her hair even more amazing to me.

As soon as I get enough nerve and dedication, I may consider coloring my fine, relaxed hair again. I really would like to color my hair again----so much that I have often considered going natural just so that my hair can take on the "added stress" of being colored.

I guess I just wanted to use this thread to publicly thank Tracy for being inspirational and helping me back in the Yahoo! RHC days.

And I would really love to say that I have NOT come across a (photo of) a head of hair yet that has not inspired, motivated, or moved me yet. Everyone's hair looks so great. But more important than the hair, is the willingness to share the information so that we can all be beautiful together (hair, skin, health, off topic) and the hearts behind the screen names.

Okay.......now that I've said that......I just wanna end with <font color="red"> I LOVE THIS BOARD! </font> /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
When I saw this thread my first thought was that it was unfair and maybe even a delicate/sensitive topic. I said that I wasn't going to reply at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
i know what you mean. i'm embarassed now because i left some names off my list. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

And I would really love to say that I have NOT come across a (photo of) a head of hair yet that has not inspired, motivated, or moved me yet. Everyone's hair looks so great. But more important than the hair, is the willingness to share the information so that we can all be beautiful together (hair, skin, health, off topic) and the hearts behind the screen names.

[/ QUOTE ]
EXACTAMUNDO!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Everyone esp. ladies from the old boards really helped me to get on track I mean I lurked for weeks before posting and was warmly welcomed when I did. Thanks to all the ladies on the boards... /images/graemlins/user.gif /images/graemlins/notworthy.gif

The most inspirational person for me has been Mahaliee (sp?). She has long, natural hair and proves to me that it can be done with proper care.

ALL! Thanks /images/graemlins/bdance.gif.Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I can't do it /images/graemlins/nono.gif There isn't just one on this board that I can name. Whether it's shampoos, colours, supplements, protective styles the are a few gurus that are able to offer priceless information to help me with my hair journey.

It's cyber blashpemous to narrow it down. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I've seen too many beautiful heads of hair not to be inspired by just one.

Hello all. When I posted my question, like I stated it was not for the purpose to elevate one over others. All of us have no problem in naming celebrities who are "hair" role models for us, for example, Wankaee, Kenya Moore, Michele Thomas, Syndey Poitier, Kelis, and the list could go on and on, but things seem to be different when we have to choose one among ourselves, our peers as it were. I stated Valleygirl in my original post, but that does not mean that I have not benefited from Sweetcocoa, Adrienne, Faith, Tracy, Allandra, in actuality everyone on this hair board because we are all "one" in purpose and that is to achieve long healthy hair. My question was not intended to be unfair. I thoroughly appreciate everyone on this hair board but if someone here names another person that is their "hair" role model, should we not rejoice together in sharing in their joy? Sometimes we don't say thank you enough, and my question was just a way to let ones know that their efforts are appreciated; and also to encourage others to be a part of this hair forum by sharing, even if you may think it's insignificant, because you never know how it may impact another on their journey to hair health.

fancypants007 said:
Hello all. When I posted my question, like I stated it was not for the purpose to elevate one over others. All of us have no problem in naming celebrities who are "hair" role models for us, for example, Wankaee, Kenya Moore, Michele Thomas, Syndey Poitier, Kelis, and the list could go on and on, but things seem to be different when we have to choose one among ourselves, our peers as it were. I stated Valleygirl in my original post, but that does not mean that I have not benefited from Sweetcocoa, Adrienne, Faith, Tracy, Allandra, in actuality everyone on this hair board because we are all "one" in purpose and that is to achieve long healthy hair. My question was not intended to be unfair. I thoroughly appreciate everyone on this hair board but if someone here names another person that is their "hair" role model, should we not rejoice together in sharing in their joy? Sometimes we don't say thank you enough, and my question was just a way to let ones know that their efforts are appreciated; and also to encourage others to be a part of this hair forum by sharing, even if you may think it's insignificant, because you never know how it may impact another on their journey to hair health.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said fancypants. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

You guys are ALL the BOMB. I've gotten a little something from just about everybody.... This board should get together and write their own book and sell it, it's so much info on this board... to aggregrate it all into one source woudl be so beneficial. I spent nearly two weeks going through all the threads, taking notes... but I got my routine together thanks to all the posters.

Wow, Adrienne (and fancypants) adding me to your list. That's a shock. Thanks /images/graemlins/grin.gif There are many great women on this site I have benefited from (in no particular order):
Adrienne...girl you know
Valleygirl....'nuf said
Allandra (I still have the pic you posted at BHSGO in my mind...lol)
Tracy....very nice about posting very informative replies and look at that hair color
Tara....answering all my CO questions
There are maaaaaaaaany more but I can't list them all. Everyone is really helpful and friendly. We all love helping and we receive help in turn. MUCH LOVE to everyone... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Allandra (I still have the pic you posted at BHSGO in my mind...lol)

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! You've seen Allandra's hair?!?! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I imagine it's beautiful &amp; breathtaking. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Crysdon,

Her hair is amazing...something else. VERY thick from root to tip and just flawless. I never knew relaxed hair could look like that till I laid my eyes on hers. I should have printed that pic for my inspiration scrap book..don't laugh..lol!

/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Faith said:
Crysdon,

Her hair is amazing...something else. VERY thick from root to tip and just flawless. I never knew relaxed hair could look like that till I laid my eyes on hers. I should have printed that pic for my inspiration scrap book..don't laugh..lol! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Aww Faith, you're so sweet and kind. Thanks for thinking about me and keeping me in mind. /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i've seen it too. i remember ALL of your pics, allandra... from the first to the last. that is why you inspire me so. if folks really knew how fast you accumulated all that length...

adrienne

p.s. this is me...
51.gif
...thinking of the digital camera i hope you get!!

i've seen it too. i remember ALL of your pics, allandra... from the first to the last. that is why you inspire me so. if folks really knew how fast you accumulated all that length...

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

i've seen it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just not fair /images/graemlins/mad.gif!

Crysdon said:

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

i've seen it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just not fair /images/graemlins/mad.gif!

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, it is very frustrating /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

adrienne0914 said:
p.s. this is me...
51.gif
...thinking of the digital camera i hope you get!!

[/ QUOTE ]
And I still have no digital camera yet. /images/graemlins/frown.gif Maybe one day.....

Pandora said:
i agree, it is very frustrating /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is that?

Back