if you fall out of love with someone

kismettt

do you think you'd still want to be in a relationship with them or date them? or does that mean you are done with them?

once you realize you are not in love with someone anymore, whats the next move?

Hmm...it depends. Marriage is the only place where I'm willing to ride a whole lot of waves of change at this point.

If I realize I'm not in love with someone anymore, I would first assess why and if there is anything that can be done about it.

I have to say that I don't believe that being IN LOVE is as important as LOVING somebody. You can fall in love with anybody, but you CHOOSE to love the person you are with. So, I guess the bigger question was, does this person/relationship matter enough to me to continue choosing to love them? Because over the course of a marriage, you are not going to be in love all the time. I think it's wise to learn the meaning of loving a person with whom you are not in love.

Were you really, really in love in the first place? Or in a lotta like, or even a lotta lust? True love is kind of hard to fall out of, I would think.

Hmm...it depends. Marriage is the only place where I'm willing to ride a whole lot of waves of change at this point.

If I realize I'm not in love with someone anymore, I would first assess why and if there is anything that can be done about it.

I have to say that I don't believe that being IN LOVE is as important as LOVING somebody. You can fall in love with anybody, but you CHOOSE to love the person you are with. So, I guess the bigger question was, does this person/relationship matter enough to me to continue choosing to love them? Because over the course of a marriage, you are not going to be in love all the time. I think it's wise to learn the meaning of loving a person with whom you are not in love.

I am so with you on this one. :yep:

It depends on why you fall out of love.
If it's because of disrespect or just plain getting bored/the natural ups and downs of a relationship. I never calculate with the option of getting out of the relationship. At this point in my life my relationship is serious and I'm working on it with the mindset that it's for life. So I can't just leave if I feel bored, I need to do something to spark that fire again between us. :)

Back