If my relationship had a PULSE, it would be faint..rekindle? how?

Innocent_Kiss

It's very clear that my boyfriend, of a year and a half, and I, love each other. We ancitipate a future and family together - our lives are so merged, it's ridiculous. I'm only 21, had no idea this was coming! I look up and I'm in a committed, serious relationship. Look up again and it's a year and a half later! Inspite of the loving, we DO NOT get along anymore. We argue like cats and dogs. He just lost his job and I'm definitely going through some financial hardship, so the frustration from our lives' hurdles definitely pour into our relationship. Even before the finances, we argued a lot. About what doesn't matter. Every couple has their set up pet peeves and things they bump heads about.

We definitely need to rekindle, but I don't know how?????

It's very clear that my boyfriend, of a year and a half, and I, love each other. We ancitipate a future and family together - our lives are so merged, it's ridiculous. I'm only 21, had no idea this was coming! I look up and I'm in a committed, serious relationship. Look up again and it's a year and a half later! Inspite of the loving, we DO NOT get along anymore. We argue like cats and dogs. He just lost his job and I'm definitely going through some financial hardship, so the frustration from our lives' hurdles definitely pour into our relationship. Even before the finances, we argued a lot. About what doesn't matter. Every couple has their set up pet peeves and things they bump heads about.

We definitely need to rekindle, but I don't know how?????

My boyfriend and I are the same way... we're very compatiable, planning on getting married one day, been together for a little over a year and we've been arguing a lot lately too....

Find out what the REAL problem is as to why you're arguing... a lot of times when couples argue about petty things there is something a lot bigger bothering them. I would imagine once you find that out you can work together to solve it.

I went through this; we too planned to get married one day...problem was we started acting like a little married couple due to our acknowledgement that we were in it for the long haul. Taking a step back was the only cure. We started fresh and dropped all the "grown up" expectations we'd developed, we started to focus on things that didn't center upon the other so when we spent time together it was it was pleasurable and we made it our duty to communicate better.

(Take this advice with a grain of salt dear...my SO & I broke up 2yrs after we'd recovered due to extenuating circumstances :drunk:. We're still friends though)

Last edited:
I went through this; we too planned to get married one day...problem was we started acting like a little married couple due to our acknowledgement that we were in it for the long haul. Taking a step back was the only cure. We started fresh and dropped all the "grown up" expectations we'd developed, we started to focus on things that didn't center upon the other so when we spent time together it was it was pleasurable and we made it our duty to communicate better.

(Take this advice with a grain of salt dear...my SO & I broke up 2yrs after we'd recovered due to extenuating circumstances :drunk:. We're still friends though)

I think your advice is dead on.. I soo wish I would have did this in 2 of my relationships. I think it is easy to lose focus on why you were together in the first place and it puts such a strain on the relationship.. Thats why I guess they say you have to work on your relationship..

Back