I Wish That.....

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Thought this could be a fun thread to list products or training, really anything, you wish you could find or do to help your happy hair journey.

For me:

While I don't want to be a professional, I do wish there was a way for home stylists to take short training classes on things like certain protective styles like flat twists. I know we have YouTube but I need a little hands on training. Would love to learn some basics about trimming hair.

Basically just some key points without going to a full cosmology course.

So, what would you wish for? Products? Things?. Anything goes here...

I wish people could be truthful when it comes to products. When they lie people find out. Seriously... you don't have to say it's a miracle in a jar. Just say what it does and the people it applies to will buy it. Also, with truthfulness... There are a lot of ingredients out there that are just filler ingredients, some that are potentially harmful. Put better, more thought out ingredients with a purpose in your products. If you have to up the price, that's fine... people will buy it. Believe me... higher priced products do not suffer declining sales unless they are crap :lol:

Thought this could be a fun thread to list products or training, really anything, you wish you could find or do to help your happy hair journey.

For me:

While I don't want to be a professional, I do wish there was a way for home stylists to take short training classes on things like certain protective styles like flat twists. I know we have YouTube but I need a little hands on training. Would love to learn some basics about trimming hair.

Basically just some key points without going to a full cosmology course.

So, what would you wish for? Products? Things?. Anything goes here...
aproach a big name stylist in your area that you like their work about teaching training classes. they may have never thought about it.
for example I follow a young lady on instagram and she does blow out classes and her blowouts are bomb.com/flyasHAIL
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDXGBnKNvcb/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDXHryptvfQ/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDXKAVuNvTH/
I think she does like monthly classes. If I were closer to the htx area I would definitely go as well as letting her in my head shes so good

I wish my nautral hair looked good. I try and try and try but there's TOO many different textures on my head to ever make any sense out of it. How can my hair growing out of my head in it's natural state not look right? I don't get it.

A natural chick at best buy complimented my hair the other day and i wanted to burst into tears of joy i swear.

Eta: about this natural chick. We were talking hair and she was mentioning so many products and how she co washes and etc. Her hair was in a knot out and looked full, moistured, and healthy. I SO wanted to ask if she's Nico's cousin but i chickend out hard.

Last edited:
^^^ Have you tried Elsen oils? They make a nice avocado butter. It's expensive but lasts a long time. You just made me remember them. I need to go to Whole Foods and get a jar.

I wish my hair was not so prone to splits, every kind. I would have hip length hair by now if I didn't have such scraggly ends. I'm getting there though!

^^^ Have you tried Elsen oils? They make a nice avocado butter. It's expensive but lasts a long time. You just made me remember them. I need to go to Whole Foods and get a jar.

I wish my hair was not so prone to splits, every kind. I would have hip length hair by now if I didn't have such scraggly ends. I'm getting there though!
No I've never heard of them. I'll try theirs out. Thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully it's what I'm looking for.

aproach a big name stylist in your area that you like their work about teaching training classes. they may have never thought about it.
for example I follow a young lady on instagram and she does blow out classes and her blowouts are bomb.com/flyasHAIL
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDXGBnKNvcb/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDXHryptvfQ/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDXKAVuNvTH/
I think she does like monthly classes. If I were closer to the htx area I would definitely go as well as letting her in my head shes so good
I just followed her.

If you can deal with a little grease, I really turned my ends around by using just a little water and JBCO every night. I'd start with a good trim and do this for a while.

I wish I was BSL already and that my hair wasn't graying so fiercely. If it was black all over like I like it, I would save a lot of money on hair coloring.

If I was already BSL, I would end this hair journey and go into maintenance mode and spend more time doing other things I want to do on a Saturday morning, like beaching or horseback riding, or canoeing. Just something else.

I am so tired of dealing with my hair and I wish that I didn't have to do anything to it at all :nono:. case in point, I've had some deep conditioner on my hair since 9 oclock this morning. Too lazy to wash it out. Okay rant over, sorry ladies. I was just feeling some type a way and had to express myself.

Last edited:
I wish I wouldn't get fairy knots

Are using a moisturizing cream on the ends or the areas where you get the most friction?

I was able to turn my problems around with the same issue by working on my moisture/protein balance with DC and regular application of a creamy daily moisturizing cream.

I wish I could wear my hair straight out of the shower without it tangling up.

I wish I had time to wash and pamper my hair once a week.

I wish it still coiled but didn't tangle up on itself.

I wish my hair wasn't BOTH baby fine and ridiculously thick. I wish I had an actual curl pattern and could do wash and go's and have ringlets like the rest of the women in my family..I wish I was at MBL already

I really, really wish that there was something I could spray on these gray hairs at my temples to make them go away. I can't wear ponytails anymore because of them. They're disturbing my groove.
Buy the pin brush dye... It looks like a mascara bottle. You put your hair in a ponytail and just brush the grays away. The brush is no bigger than an eyeliner brush... Forgot the name though... It's popular just type in... Dye brush online
ETA.. Found it... It's called.... Masc-a-gray. Sleekhair.com sells it

Last edited:
I wish some naturals would understand that wash and go does not mean get out of bed and walk straight out the door. I've heard some naturals say.." You don't even have to comb it"... SMH!
But more to the point of this post.... I wish my hair would soak up products better and give me a clear answer on what it likes and dislikes... I still don't know...

Last edited:
Are using a moisturizing cream on the ends or the areas where you get the most friction?

I was able to turn my problems around with the same issue by working on my moisture/protein balance with DC and regular application of a creamy daily moisturizing cream.
I am going to try this. I need to nip this as I'm starting to develop a habit of pulling them off.

Back