I want to have long hair for my wedding day...

kittiekat

whenever that is... :grin:

There is something about having my own hair on my wedding day that appeals to me. The one time in my life where everyone's eyes are on me, I want everything to be all me. Don't want this conversation to go down:

Girl #1: Awww, she looks so beautiful!

Girl #2: Yeah her hairstyle is gorgeous.....wait is that a track?!?!?

Girl #1: Omg yes it is *spreads gossip*

What are your hair goals? Is there a particular event that you would like to to grow your hair for?

What are your hair goals? Is there a particular event that you would like to to grow your hair for?

I know exactly what you mean. I really want to graduate with long hair and get married with long hair too...whenever both these events will take place:rolleyes::lachen:

Actually thats one of my main goals too... I want long hair for my wedding day and I want it to be my own. Thank GOD I don't have to worry about wedding things until probably YEARS from now because Lord only knows my hair needs some time. :lachen:

Last edited:

There is something about having my own hair on my wedding day that appeals to me. The one time in my life where everyone's eyes are on me, I want everything to be all me. Don't want this conversation to go down:

Haha! I was JUST talking about this with my friends the other day! I want to have reached my hair goal by my wedding day (if I get married - these men out here... :nono:)
But anyway, they were like, "I want to wear an updo."
Not I. If I am full MBL, my hair WILL be down for everyone to see!
(Unless the back of my dress is as fabulous as I imagine, and then it will still be down and pinned to the side with cascading pin curls... :drool:)

OP I know what you mean. I want my hair to reach MBL by my graduation in 2012...right now I'm between SL and APL and its taking forever. I just want to wear my cao and gown and have my hair flowing down my gown...ugh!!

I know exactly what you mean. I really want to graduate with long hair and get married with long hair too...whenever both these events will take place:rolleyes::lachen:

OP I know what you mean. I want my hair to reach MBL by my graduation in 2012...right now I'm between SL and APL and its taking forever. I just want to wear my cao and gown and have my hair flowing down my gown...ugh!!

Graduation was my original goal. Sadly, my college graduation ceremony happened this past May. I wore a lace front in a wrap style. I hate how the pics turned out because the hair would not obey and fall naturally. It looks shiny in some pictures. My cap kept sliding off my head. :wallbash:

I should have attained my desired length by now (BSL) but I had one too many setbacks and was not consistent with my regimen.

OMG this is my exact goal also! Not currently dating anyone at all so I'm sure I have at LEAST another 2-3 years or more! My dream is to wear my own hair in an elegant updo for the ceremony, then in loose curls down for the reception. Also, I want to go on my honeymoon and be able to really HONEYMOON....with my real hair being tossled and tugged :blush:. Then in the morning be able to have long Pocahontas braids and look cute on the beach - because by then of course my body will be right cause I'm almost there! Yep....this is precisely my hair goal! Didn't know it was anyone elses also! :grin:

I feel the same way! My wedding is next december. By this December i "guess" i should be about a couple of inches away from WL ( have to do some official measurements soon). So by the wedding hopefully it will be closer to hip length if im calculating correctly in my head. I can't wait! I plan on having it down for the ceremony but probably doing a quick updo for the reception.

I want to wear an updo for my wedding....I don't have any special event as my deadline....I just want to be fully, natural waist length by Dec 2012...um...My 23rd CHRISTMAS!!?? lol

Yup! I have the same goal - good thing my previous engagement has since been cancelled...:ohwell: lol - now I have more time!

I want to have long, thick, natural hair when I turn 30. (Long to me is APL)

Right now, my hair is short and layered b/t ear and NL, 11 months since my last relaxer (transitioning). I'm 27.

OMG this is my exact goal also! Not currently dating anyone at all so I'm sure I have at LEAST another 2-3 years or more! My dream is to wear my own hair in an elegant updo for the ceremony, then in loose curls down for the reception. Also, I want to go on my honeymoon and be able to really HONEYMOON....with my real hair being tossled and tugged :blush:. Then in the morning be able to have long Pocahontas braids and look cute on the beach - because by then of course my body will be right cause I'm almost there! Yep....this is precisely my hair goal! Didn't know it was anyone elses also! :grin:

I agree! The bolded is exactly what I told my mom...and to think she thought I was crazy to attempt to grow long hair for a ceremony without a groom (I'm not dating anyone/anything but my hair!)!

How true, when I was engaged I was working on getting my hair long for the wedding. How did I forget that.:grin: Now I have more time.

Me too!!! My SO has recently started talking marriage ALOT. I figure I have @ least a year and a half. :)

:grin: rofl at the convo.

I totally agree though! I want long hair by the time i graduate... that'll be in 2 yrs and it'll be doable. We all have goals and with as many women I've seen on hear achieving and going past their goals, I know anything's possible!

lol! I thought I was the only one who was planning wedding updos and cascading hair for the reception without a SO yet.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, I wanted to be just waist-length but now, I want at least natural APL- BSL (of course no big chop so I'll take texlaxed ends reaching WL -mini-chop of bone-straight ends).
I would like a cute updo and then like a bantu knot out or just curls let down for the PARTY!!! lol! By God's grace.... :)

That was my goal for my wedding which was September last year. My goal was waist length, so I could wear long curls. Reniece flew to NC to do my hair and I was beyond pleased. My bridesmaids wore updos.

Fortunately, I made it despite having a major stylist induced setback. I went back to the salon and got a refund for the $130. The setback happened about 1 year before my wedding and I was devastated. But I went to Reneice 9 months before the wedding and she cut off the damaged ends and I nursed my hair back to health in time for the wedding. Its a great goal b/c having a set date keeps you focused lol.

SharAndr-09-021-1.jpg

Hairstyle "big reveal" (this was not a posed picture, I was THAT happy with the style LOL)

SharAndr-09-181b-1.jpg

My hairstyle for the ceremony

SharAndr-09-541-2.jpg

My hairstyle for the reception

I want to wear an updo for my wedding....I don't have any special event as my deadline....I just want to be fully, natural waist length by Dec 2012...um...My 23rd CHRISTMAS!!?? lol

I wanted an updo too maybe because i know all the stress would make me sweat and i can't sweat my hair out on my wedding day!!! whenever that day comes :)

That was my goal for my wedding which was September last year. My goal was waist length, so I could wear long curls. Reniece flew to NC to do my hair and I was beyond pleased. My bridesmaids wore updos.

Fortunately, I made it despite having a major stylist induced setback. I went back to the salon and got a refund for the $130. The setback happened about 1 year before my wedding and I was devastated. But I went to Reneice 9 months before the wedding and she cut off the damaged ends and I nursed my hair back to health in time for the wedding. Its a great goal b/c having a set date keeps you focused lol.

SharAndr-09-021-1.jpg

Hairstyle "big reveal" (this was not a posed picture, I was THAT happy with the style LOL)

SharAndr-09-181b-1.jpg

My hairstyle for the ceremony

SharAndr-09-541-2.jpg

My hairstyle for the reception

you looked great hair all flowing, face glowing!!! Congrats!!!

I want MBL twists when I drop DD off for her first day of school. She's 2.(it may be MBL but I don't think the twists will reach it, prolly APL)
I want her hair to be at her waist,at that time, it's currently nearing the bottom of her shoulder blade. She will be getting taller(obviously) but her porportions should make WL by 4 a breeze.

I also want a MBL stretched afro for my golden birthday in 3 years when I turn 31 on the 31st.

Ms.Kibibi you are my inspiration!! I want to have flowing hair like that for my wedding day!! Im sure some of your guests were like "Girl, is that really ALL her hair?:thud:" :grin: I want that!! I would say with God's will, I have a good two or three more years with my SO before our wedding!! :pray: :grin:

Girl me toooooo! I am getting married next year and I want my hair wonderful for the wedding and honeymoon. I feel it is easier to manage my own hair for the honeymoon then a weave!!! How long you going for, whats your goal!!!!

I just want a BIG curly fro for my honeymoon. I envision emerging from a body of water with my natural hair and glowing skin

Back