I want to have long hair for my wedding day...

Yes! Yes! Yes! Even if I decide to wear an updo/bun I want it to be thick and 100% mine :yep: Or do an updo for the wedding ceremony that can be loosened into a down style during the reception (yes I would be the diva to pull that off :grin:)

MsKibibi is always the first to come to mind when I think of this :yep: it's one of my dreams :love:

I want my own full shouldder length hair for my graduation in January 2011:grin:. Dunno exactly when I'm getting married but I want to rock *my own* luscious, long, beautiful hair for the day. I want to be able to remove my sparkly hair grips and shake down my thick, long cascading mane while I'm breaking it down at the reception :lachen:

ETA: MsKibibi...your hair is just on another level. So beautiful!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
What are your hair goals? Is there a particular event that you would like to to grow your hair for?

Girl yes! My wedding day as well! :yep:
I want to have my own hair falling down my back in soft waves....(unless i end up with a dress that has a sick looking back, in which case i'll be piling my hair up and the length wont matter lol)...so I feel like a "true" bride.

Also, I want my pics in the hospital bed after I have my first child, I want my hair to be in one long side braid, hopefully long as heck.

Last edited:
omg ... this is amazing. Ms Kibibi ....wow. talk about setting a goal and achieving it! I want that!

I don't want to get married until I am done with my next phase of schooling... and since I don't know if that will be law school or graduate school left, I have some time to reach that goal :yep:

But now I'm thinking... do I want the Kibibi curls... (GORGEOUS) or will I sweat them out since I'm natural (who knows if I will even still be natural then??)?? Should I opt for a big curly fro like a previous poster mentioned?? decisions decisions...:scratchch

I just want to have long healthy thick hair.
3 upcoming events will boost my moral
5th wedding anniversary in 2 yrs
Graduation in 2 yrs
plus i will be turning the Big "0" thats in 3 yrs time so i still have a little time for that :)

Last edited:
I most likely wear my hair in an updo since I look better w/ hair away from my face but I want the hair to be mine also.

I love this thread. It makes me feel normal :-)! I am aiming for WL by May 2012 and I should make it. I will be graduating from law school and somewhere around that time I should be getting married. We aren't engaged yet, but there was talk about moving the wedding up to 2011 and though I was excited I thought, "No, my hair won't be long enough...lol"

Love this thread!
I've been hooked on wedding blogs lately:grin: so this is icing on the cake!
Here's the plan (although I don't have a prospect in sight:rolleyes:)

Flat iron natural hair and wear it down, but to avoid reversion...perhaps have wedding in the fall when the humidity is gone....:drunk:

I'm willing, wanting, WAITING to get to MBL:pray:

Back