I Want to Cry!!!!!!!

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Hi Ladies,

I don't know what's going on with my hair and I just hate it!!! I've been contemplating on shaving my hair all off again and going back to natural. It seems my temple and nape area is getting thinner and breaking off. I don't use heat other than when I DC or get roller sets.

I clarify once a month, and use Emergencee every 4-6 weeks. I always deep condition at least once a week. I don't do protective styles as much as I used to but I usually CO wash 2-3 times a week. I stopped doing that recently because the hair that was coming out frightened me. When I wash many hair strands fall out. I mean thick strands. It looks like a small section totally was removed.

I have done tons of searches but would like some fresh ideas. I am only 27 and am wondering what happens at 30 and 40 years old? Thanks so much.

Lucie/PH

actually I think you may be doing emergencee treatments too often. unless you have severely damaged hair every 6 weeks, you wont need any emergencee treatment that frequently. you may be suffering from too much protein.

also, are you often brushing and/or pulling back the sides of your hair? this also leads to thinning.

try Nexxus Biotin creme or Dr Miracle's Nape and Temple Balm. I had problems with the temples myself, and my hair has definately grown in that area.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that! I'm wondering how the relaxer is being applied. I know some salons start at the nape, which is fragile and has less newgrowth and let it process the longest, same thing with the front of the hair. Also, I could be that the relaxer in those areas isn't being neutralized as well as the rest of your head. If you self-relax, you may want to start in the thickest area of your hair and leave your damaged areas for last. I had a beautician that relaxed from my crown down and only applied the relaxer to the nape and edges for a few minutes and those areas grew out great. I hope this helps.:look:

I experienced the same problem back in the summer and it was due to TOO MUCH PROTEIN. I think I over did things when I joined taking everyone's methods as my own. Lay off the protein and I think that will help. :)

Don't cry, don't shave, wait and breathe.

Is the problem more at your temples or all around?

I had major breakage a few weeks ago and it is only a couple of days ago that I discovered why.
- I'd comb my hair (while wet) and pieces of hair would come out...
- i'd do the baggie method (without pulling too much) and i'd loose hair
- I'd even touch my hair and MANY strands would stay in my hand.
- I did cornrows in order not to touch my hair anymore and when I took them out (1 week and a half after) I had hair and hair and more hair (beyond the usual shedding) on the floor. it was not shedding since the root of the hair strand was not there. It was Breakage.

I realized that I used too much protein lately. I used the Mane N'Tail conditionner (quite harsh protein) every 3 or four days AND a mixture of more or less concentrated INFUSIUM23 leave in ever day. I started to loose some hair when I added the Mane N' Tail regularly in my routine.
What are the products you use?

I agree with LadyJay114, sounds like too much protein and not enough moisture. Are you moisturizing your hair daily? Tell us more about your regimen. :)

Are you sleeping with your hair in a satin bonnet or on a satin pillowcase?

sweetpuff said:
Don't cry, don't shave, wait and breathe.

Is the problem more at your temples or all around?

I had major breakage a few weeks ago and it is only a couple of days ago that I discovered why.
- I'd comb my hair (while wet) and pieces of hair would come out...
- i'd do the baggie method (without pulling too much) and i'd loose hair
- I'd even touch my hair and MANY strands would stay in my hand.
- I did cornrows in order not to touch my hair anymore and when I took them out (1 week and a half after) I had hair and hair and more hair (beyond the usual shedding) on the floor. it was not shedding since the root of the hair strand was not there. It was Breakage.

I realized that I used too much protein lately. I used the Mane N'Tail conditionner (quite harsh protein) every 3 or four days AND a mixture of more or less concentrated INFUSIUM23 leave in ever day. I started to loose some hair when I added the Mane N' Tail regularly in my routine.
What are the products you use?

The problem is around my temple and nape area. Plus, I did not realize I was doing the emergencee to frequently. Geez. I feel like a dunce. Also, I stopped sleeping with satin pillowcases.

I use ORS Aloe Shampoo and Humectress conditioner. I use Infusim-23 every time my hair is wet. When I deep condition I use Suave. I am pretty simple with the products I use. I normally deep condition with Humectress twice a week.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my thread :)

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Just make sure you're not allergic to something you've been using. You could be getting too much protein, but it also sounds like you may be having an allergic reaction to something. My cousin had a similar reaction to castor oil. So she can't use castor oil or anything that has castor oil in it.

chocolatesis said:
I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Just make sure you're not allergic to something you've been using. You could be getting too much protein, but it also sounds like you may be having an allergic reaction to something. My cousin had a similar reaction to castor oil. So she can't use castor oil or anything that has castor oil in it.

Thanks. I am going to lay off the protein for a while. It just makes me upset because I take care of my hair and I just don't think this should be happening. I can't cry over spilled milk but I am going to take all of your advice into consideration and redo my regimen. Thanks again :)

I'm sorry that you are going through this. The infusium 23 has protein in it as well. I cannot use that because my hair doesn't like too much protein. Maybe you could try a creamy leave-in like Neutrogena Triple Moisture? I hope you find something that works for you!! Good Luck. :)

I would definately lay off the Infusium- it broke my hair off like no one's business! I would also put some castor oil and WGO on your hairline and nape- I hope this helps. :)

Hey Lucie, Don't you dare cut off that beautiful hair, who would be my sis' inspiration (and mine:D )????

My hair has been shedding a great deal as well and I think it is too much protein for me too. I am stopping the protein altogether for now to see I do.

I'll let you know how my hair turns out tonight:)

Keep up udated.

Back