I want super black hair! suggestions are needed!

bablou00 said:
Love love love jet black hair. I had been going back in forth with indigo and bigen and settled on bigen. It doesnt have any bad chemicals in it but PPD and thats only if you are sensitive to it and have a reaction. Other than that no ill effects on my hair. I used the jet black the first time. My hair was a lot darker but not dark enough for me. So I used the blue black and my hair is midnight black and I love it. I havent put up any pics yet of me w/ it this color but I will add one in here later. Good luck its so hard when you have so many options and/or so many people telling you one thing. I just said the hell w/ it and picked on. Let us know what u decide

Bablou, I just read the instructions in the box I purchased and it says not to use Bigen on hair that's been hennaed.

I was wondering, as you said you had previously used indigo, if you had done a henna + indigo treatment or just indigo.

Did you have any bad effects?

I 've hennaed my hair, but I want a deep black, so I want to try Bigen. Is this safe?

Whatever u decide, please be CAREFUL with henna. I used henna and indigo and get a gorgeous dark dark black, but! the downside, henna pulled out my texture. My texture is almost identical to urs and i only used henna four times since november, and my hair is left looking like a bad texturizer. I love the color but i had no idea henna would do that! I've tried amla and everything under the sun and my hair is just a weird, puffy straight look. Occasionally, i';ll have a good hair day and it will KINDA curl up and look decent, but no where near the definition i HAD. Im a prally have to grow it all out. Which will be a long time cuz my hair is currently apl length stretched. So be careful becuase some people are fine with it and others lose their curls. And since our textures are so similar, i was thinking ti could happen to you.

Kurlee said:
Whatever u decide, please be CAREFUL with henna. I used henna and indigo and get a gorgeous dark dark black, but! the downside, henna pulled out my texture. My texture is almost identical to urs and i only used henna four times since november, and my hair is left looking like a bad texturizer. I love the color but i had no idea henna would do that! I've tried amla and everything under the sun and my hair is just a weird, puffy straight look. Occasionally, i';ll have a good hair day and it will KINDA curl up and look decent, but no where near the definition i HAD. Im a prally have to grow it all out. Which will be a long time cuz my hair is currently apl length stretched. So be careful becuase some people are fine with it and others lose their curls. And since our textures are so similar, i was thinking ti could happen to you.

really? damn I don't want to loose my curl definition it's already weird as it is, I got the bigen blue black as suggested earlier so I'm gonna do it, I'm excited I'm glad I didn't purchase the henna I would cry if I loose my curl definition, thanks again ladies I'll post a pick when I do it:)

Let me know how it goes! I need an alternative. Im prayin my definition will eventually come back. Cuz regrowing apl hair lord thats at least 2-3 years.:eek:

The last time and only time I used henna was in Nov. it didnt do much for my hair but turn it a brown color that I hated. Im an all black haired girl. I used bigen in April and nothing happened. I know there are some threads sayin that it might not be safe to use bigen after henna or any hair color that is. Im not absolutely sure you might want to search around first before trying. Henna and indigo didnt get me where I wanted but bigen did. Its different for everyone. Good luck

Amylee said:
Bablou, I just read the instructions in the box I purchased and it says not to use Bigen on hair that's been hennaed.

I was wondering, as you said you had previously used indigo, if you had done a henna + indigo treatment or just indigo.

Did you have any bad effects?

I 've hennaed my hair, but I want a deep black, so I want to try Bigen. Is this safe?

Back