I wanna marry a man....but he's in prison

*sings* "Lol smiley face?" Smiley face explanation?

If that was me, I wouldn't even have the energy or inclination to tell my friend why she shouldn't do it. It's stupid and dangerous and we're both grown enough to know that. If she chooses to 'walk the aisle' whilst knowing that, then thats her business....I have too much on my plate to try and stop my girl marrying someone that she KNOWS is no good. She can have Tyrone.

Last edited:
If that was me, I wouldn't even have the energy or inclination to tell my friend why she shouldn't do it. It's stupid and dangerous and we're both grown enough to know that. If she chooses to 'walk the aisle' whilst knowing that, then thats her business....I have too much on my plate to try and stop my girl marrying someone that she KNOWS is no good. She can have Tyrone.

:giggle: I understand EXACTLY where you're coming from. That's how I felt for awhile. This sounds like something a naive 18 year would do. But then I thought about it and realy starting listening....

Maybe she's playing herself, but I don't think she sees the danger in this. I think she feels like he is different because he doesn't ask her to do anything for him. He didn't ask for her to money on his books. His parents do that for him. He didn't ask her to change her religion, the girl did that herself. He didn't ask for her to marry him, she decided this after talking to him for so long. He doesn't beg her to call him. In fact there was a period of time where she had stopped talking to him because she was busy with school......he didn't get upset. I think he did tell her that it was hard not seeing her or talking to her for long periods of time so he asked her to make a decision on whether she would like to talk to him and be on the calling list or not.

:giggle: I understand EXACTLY where you're coming from. That's how I felt for awhile. This sounds like something a naive 18 year would do. But then I thought about it and realy starting listening....

Maybe she's playing herself, but I don't think she sees the danger in this. I think she feels like he is different because he doesn't ask her to do anything for him. He didn't ask for her to money on his books. His parents do that for him. He didn't ask her to change her religion, the girl did that herself. He didn't ask for her to marry him, she decided this after talking to him for so long. He doesn't beg her to call him. In fact there was a period of time where she had stopped talking to him because she was busy with school......he didn't get upset. I think he did tell her that it was hard not seeing her or talking to her for long periods of time so he asked her to make a decision on whether she would like to talk to him and be on the calling list or not.

Oh, he's real good......... I love the psychological tools that he has in his arsenal by pretending to be aloof, understanding, and patient he really reeled her in because he's different :rolleyes:. I bet he graduated summa cum laude because she doesn't even realize that she's being manipulated.

He went to jail for robbery for 10 years, this sounds like it was a lot of money and he wanted it and was willing to probably use a gun to get it.

Now when he gets out and has to look for a job unless he is self employed and times are already hard for folks who don't even have his background, what kind of job or employment does she think he will be capable of having?

Right from jump they will be dealing with a serious deficit. Is she willing to be the main breadwinner for the rest of her life? Does she realize how some men MUSLIM men in particular feel about their wifes being the main breadwinner??

If she won't listen to you tell her this is a bad idea then tell her you will just ask her questions and ask her to think them through.

Signing papers for conjugal visits? Please explain to me how this is not letting some man use her sexually and he is not married to her or supporting her???? I am a little slow this morning.

Back