I think I just found my MIRACLE detangler!!

I used this to help detangle the horrible knotted/matted/tangled mess that were my twists after washing them and letting them dry/dread up. Took a long time and I lost 2 bristles :ohwell: but it probably was still the best tool I could use. Looking at the hairs in the brush, I guess/hope I lost mostly shed hair. Iono, the hairs were all long, so either they were mostly shed hair or I'm breaking my hair off near the root now. :spinning:

:wallbash: I have checked three Walgreen's, a Jewel, a Target, a WalMart and a CVS for this brush. Where is it?!

Thanks again poka! I love this brush! I was in need of a brush to use on dry hair! I purchased it on Monday at Wal-Mart! My DH said "Don't you have a brush like that already! Let me guess its from the hair website!" I replied no, this one has oils in it! He just rolled his eyes:perplexed! But girl it worth the drama! Thanks again! I also have been sneakin around your fotki regarding you facial recipes! I tried the oil cleansing it was a no go :nono:, but your coffee scrub, and honey cinnamon scrub are great :lick:!

I got one at Walmart, it was almost $10.00 :blush:...I hope it works for me, I haven't tried it yet, my hair is braided right now.... I can't wait to give it a try!

:wallbash: I have checked three Walgreen's, a Jewel, a Target, a WalMart and a CVS for this brush. Where is it?!
Alright, make that two Targets and two WalMarts. I went to the one feelfree mentioned and I could tell the PJ's and lurkers had been there! They had the Goody copper brush but no more jojoba ones. You people are scavengers!!! Off to check Ebay. Now don't you all run up the price!

How are you guys using this brush? As a detangler before washing, as the only detangler? After washing? Or in conjunction with other tools (ie: Jibere, Denman)? I'm trying to figure out if I only need to buy this brush or still need to get the denman or jibere too. Tia!

I had been thinking about getting this brush ever since I saw this thread 2 weeks ago. Today I went to Wal-Mart to get microwave pizza and face wash and I started to walk past the hair accessories aisle, then I remembered the brush. I bought it and and I'm looking forward to using it!

I have a Denman that I use on wet or damp hair, but I'll see how this brush detangles my dry hair.

I bought this brush @ Walmart today and I like it. It had caught my eye before because of the infused jojoba, but it looks like a hard brush that would take your hair out so that's why I didn't buy it.

I don't have a lot of tangles, just some new growth that needs a little taming. It was surprisingly a really gentle brush and it glided right through my hair. It's a keeper...:yep:

I also purchased this brush and I loved it...detangled my wash n go's and I NEVER brush my dry hair...This detangled my dry hair with ease and I fell in love....Unforunately after owning this brush only 2 weeks and using it maybe 4 times...the bristles are breaking off...I've already lost about 7 and I can see some more about to break off...anyone else exprienced this? I love this brush...maybe mine is just defective....

So the denman is best on wet hair and the goody on dry hair. I was caught between the two and went with the denman instead since it was cheaper. How is it different...the bristles looked exactly alike. The goody is $14 at my walmart but I might pick it up the next time Im in the states

Bumping...Anyone else losing bristles? I love this brush and I want to purchase another is mine is defective...so im tryna find out if this probelm is common

Bumping...Anyone else losing bristles? I love this brush and I want to purchase another is mine is defective...so im tryna find out if this probelm is common
I haven't even had a chance to lose any bristles. Mine JUST came in the mail today and there is a split in the cushion of the brush which even splits one of the bristles down the middle. I'm returning it but not sure if I'll order another one.

So the denman is best on wet hair and the goody on dry hair. I was caught between the two and went with the denman instead since it was cheaper. How is it different...the bristles looked exactly alike. The goody is $14 at my walmart but I might pick it up the next time Im in the states

This brush's bristles are nothing like the Denman's. The Denman's bristles are hard plastic. The Goody's are soft pliable movable rubber (or rubber-like). The past two times I've used the Goody I've used it in the shower on wet hair. I don't use my Denman at all. I tried several times to use that brush and failed.

I have lost about 4 bristles so far, all in the last 2 times I've used it (in the shower). Different people also report that these bristles break off fairly easily even in storage.

Hey ladies. I just wanted to say that I finally used this brush and it was GREAT! (BTW I took the defective one back to Target and finally found one at a CVS in another neighborhood.) I used it on DD after she messed up her flat iron style by getting in the shower sans cap.:wallbash: (See my thread in the Children's haircare forum)

ANYWAY, that brush got through her hair like never before. Because of it I may be able to let her wear her hair in two big braids instead of twists and cornrows all the time.

One of my bristles came off:ohwell:. I love the brush and it still works very well but I've found myself going back to my k-cutter which is great for detangling too.

UPDATE/Rant.......why is my brush falling apart!:wallbash:

I've lost at least 8 bristles:sad:. After they all fall out I will not be purchasing another! *Poka on the search for a better paddle brush, hmph*.

I wish I could take this thing back.

I've lost several bristles, too. The last time I used it, I cracked my brush down the middle in the center part of the base! :blush: Still, when it's totally unusable, I will just buy another.

That's the easiest way for me to detangle too. I used my Denman. I detangle my curly weaves that way too. I've also used Goody and Conair Paddle brushes.

Last edited:
Bump!

I love this brush. It is time for me to replace mine. The bristles do come out, but they tell you that the brush will need to be replaced every 6 months I think it is. Even though the bristles have come out, I love this brush and am looking for another. BUT I can't find it anywhere except online. My first one I found @ a local CVS. Now I can't find it @ CVS. I have also checked a Walgreen's & a Target.

Does anyone know where I can get one? (without ordering online)

I recently purchased one from my local cvs as well.. It was massaging my scalp and giving me that tingling feeling I so need in my life.

Bump!

I love this brush. It is time for me to replace mine. The bristles do come out, but they tell you that the brush will need to be replaced every 6 months I think it is. Even though the bristles have come out, I love this brush and am looking for another. BUT I can't find it anywhere except online. My first one I found @ a local CVS. Now I can't find it @ CVS. I have also checked a Walgreen's & a Target.

Does anyone know where I can get one? (without ordering online)

If you go to walmart.com you should be able to type the item you want in the search bar and then it gives you the option of putting your zip code in and it'll tell you which Walmarts around you carry it in store.

Okay so is it just safe to assume that all paddle bristle brushes are going to break? I have lost so many. Should I just buy a bunch of them for the year because they just don't last?

Back