I miss being weave-checked...

Cherokee-n-Black

:lol: Not really. I just miss my long hair and am now realizing how far away I am from goal. The length I am now is about average for the naturals I see around my way. I live in Harlem so natural heads are a dime a dozen 'round these parts. But they all are about my length, maybe a little shorter or longer but around the same.

At the current rate (assuming the same growth and retention) I'm about oh 3 - 4 years away from having hair that actually IS long. Pretty much all of the naturals on YT et all who are at the length I want or longer have been natural for about 4 years, which for me is over 2 years away. And that's assuming my shrinkage isn't worse than it is now!

I get so bored with short hair. My twist out was a natural disaster. My braid outs basically look like WNG's i.e.--the same. I'm trying to look at YT for inspiration, but it mostly just makes me wish I had gone natural sooner so by now I'd be "lovin' my hah." (a little ode to JoStylin on YT)

Well, think of how fast the last two years went by(if they went by as fast for you as they did for me) and just visualize where you will be in the next two.... I find that I do my best when I hide my hair and forget about it so (((hugs))) and HHG!

lol, I feel you girl. I miss being asked "Is that all yours?" or being told "Your hair is so long and beautiful." I'm still trying to figure out my natural hair so I've been looking pretty bummy lately. Sucks. I wish I had some length.

Don't worry, you will be rocking a big, long haired fro in no time!

*hops in your boat*:lol: I ain't gon lie....i miss being weave checked too.:lachen: But really i just miss the ease of really long hair. It was just EASY! The longer my hair gets the easier it is for me to deal with it...because that's what i'm used to. I miss just putting it in a ponytail and calling it a day...and the hair toys! Ugh!:infatuated:

I keep doing random length checks and my hair actually reaches the bottom of my shoulder blades but not BSL and i'm glad about that....but i can't wait to get back to waist...i cain't WAIT!:lol: The fun part about this whole journey tho IS watching it grow:yep:...so i'm trying to figure out what i'm gonna do when i reach my goal...if i wanna maintain it or keep going.

But we will get there!:yep:...it just seems so far away tho right? I've been watching lots of YouTube videos too for inspiration.

Awww it'll grow super fast, and you'll get better and better at your twist/braid outs! Soon you'll be gettin checked left and right!

Back