i just had my first video speed date!...

weaveadiva

...and it was fun :grin:

it's a new app for skype users called "skyecandy"

[highlight]sign-up is free.[/highlight] you pick a username and enter your info (age, location, interests, etc.) your name/skype number is NOT available to the public, and they actually recommend using a different username than your skype one.

[highlight]when you log in you can view how many people are online in the world![/highlight] right now it seems the majority of people are online in the us, but i did see some in brazil, argentina, indonesia, canada, etc. you can also see how many men vs women are actually checked in (ready to date) and the age range.

when you're ready to start dating, you "check in" and pick your preferences (age, must have webcam, location). i was matched with a guy in chicago. i was hoping to chat with a foreigner, but i forgot about the time difference...it would be very early morning in most places.

the cool thing is we could actually chat and see each other. [highlight]each date is 5 mins.[/highlight] afterward you are given one minute to "rate" the date and leave personal reminders about it. it also gives you the option to add the person as a skype contact, and you're allowed up to 10 dates at a time.

[highlight]"dating" starts every 6 minutes around the clock. the only downside i've found so far is that no one is ever online![/highlight] :lol: it's a new app, still in the beta testing stage, just released in june, so not many people know about it. it also seems people are afraid to "check in"...there are always people online but none checked in :sad:

anyway, sorry for rambling...i just thought that was the coolest thing ever! i hope it catches on...i'm gonna go again tomorrow and see if i can find some "foreign love" :look: :lol:

Back