I have a ??? for the ladies who do morning wash 'n gos..

maddywoo13

I admit, I haven't been as good to my hair as I use to but this is because I HARDLY have any time for myself anymore. I'm busy from the moment I get to school to when I come home and start babysitting until 10pm at night and at that time I'm just too beat to do anything at all. I see it as a good thing because it gives me the idea of what working life is like and it DOES support my product addiction lol

But I do wake up strangely early in the morning, meaning I would have time in the morning to shampoo or co wash. The thing is I'm 7 months in transitioning, so theres quite a bit of new growth, and I don't know any hair styles to put my hair in while it's wet to be public friendly, I always would roller set and leave it alone, no heat. I usually wash my hair on days I know I won't be out (Friday afternoons, Saturday or Sunday).

So really my question is, for the women who do the wash n' gos, what styles do you use? What products do you use? And is it not a good idea to do this everyday or when the weather is a bit cold?

Any answers, I will greatly appreicate! Thank you!

Have you tried two-strand twists or bantu knots? Braid-outs?

I'm not transitioning but I'll do two-strand twists on the weekend and have a cute twist-out Monday morning for work. Lately, I've been twisting my hair with shea butter or Qhemet's Amla & Olive - Heavy Cream.

At night, I'll quickly re-twist and sleep in a silk scarf. If I don't twist my hair, I'm strictly a wash-n-go 'fro. :yep:

For my wash-n-go's, I co-wash with Aussie Moist, following with aloe vera gel and sealing with castor oil. I'll either "squeeze" or "shake" alot of the water out of my hair with a towel but I don't agitate my hair. I haven't had any adverse effects with this routine.

HTH

Last edited:
Have you tried two-strand twists or bantu knots? Braid-outs?

I'm not transitioning but I'll do two-strand twists on the weekend and have a cute twist-out Monday morning for work. Lately, I've been twisting my hair with shea butter or Qhemet's Amla & Olive - Heavy Cream.

At night, I'll quickly re-twist and sleep in a silk scarf. If I don't twist my hair, I'm strictly a wash-n-go 'fro. :yep:

Okey dokey. Now with the two strand twist, do you just put you hair in one big pony and do it or do you just do them all over your hair?

I'm not that crazy about wearing my hair out wet, but I do it sometimes because I wake up early also. I DC overnight, then co-wash in the shower in the morning. I baggy my ends and hide my hair under a phony pony bun.

Sometimes, if i get up really early, I rollerset my hair, but don't blow-out my roots. I just pin my hair up with a clip for the week & if I end up going somewhere special, say, on the weekend, I straighten my roots. If not, I let them be puffy. I co-wash or shampoo every 3-4 days.

I'm in the 12th week of my stretch so I don't have nearly as much new growth as you. You have to make time for your hair!!! Mine really suffered when I was working 2 jobs in college and taking care of my son as well. Good luck with your transition :-)

I cowash every morning even now in the winter. When I get out the shower, I use Shescentit moisturizing mist, Hairveda whipped baggy creme, and cocasta on my ends. Then, I brush my hair back in one, and pin up the ends. This takes about five minutes.

I admit, I haven't been as good to my hair as I use to but this is because I HARDLY have any time for myself anymore. I'm busy from the moment I get to school to when I come home and start babysitting until 10pm at night and at that time I'm just too beat to do anything at all. I see it as a good thing because it gives me the idea of what working life is like and it DOES support my product addiction lol

But I do wake up strangely early in the morning, meaning I would have time in the morning to shampoo or co wash. The thing is I'm 7 months in transitioning, so theres quite a bit of new growth, and I don't know any hair styles to put my hair in while it's wet to be public friendly, I always would roller set and leave it alone, no heat. I usually wash my hair on days I know I won't be out (Friday afternoons, Saturday or Sunday).

So really my question is, for the women who do the wash n' gos, what styles do you use? What products do you use? And is it not a good idea to do this everyday or when the weather is a bit cold?

Any answers, I will greatly appreicate! Thank you!

if your hair is balanced with moisture and protein, i dont know why it would be a bad idea, i have always gone outside with my hair 1/2 wet and in 2008 i never got sick once. but thats just me.

i wear a puff similar to the one in my siggy, sometimes i wear a pony tail, and when i feel like it, i twist it up and more likely coil it up and wear coil outs that i have rinsed in the shower.. i use suave naturals conditioner, and queen helene cholesterol. i often use sallys generic brand of sebastian no. 9.

good luck!

I cowash every morning even now in the winter. When I get out the shower, I use Shescentit moisturizing mist, Hairveda whipped baggy creme, and cocasta on my ends. [bold]Then, I brush my hair back in one[/bold], and pin up the ends. This takes about five minutes.

You brush your hair when it is wet? Do you get any breakage that way?

Girl all I know is that my poor hair would have been on the floor if I co-washed in the ams while I transitioned. I washed and DC's my hair 2x a week, and then did twist outs. Sometimes if my twist out was looking beat I would re-twist at night and the undo and style in the am.

You brush your hair when it is wet? Do you get any breakage that way?

As long as you detangle thoroughly with a wide-tooth comb, you can brush your hair into a ponytail with minimal to no breakage. Typically, I co-wash every 2-3 days with Paul Mitchell The Detangler, detangle w/ wide-tooth comb, apply SheaMoisture Shea Butter Leave-In conditioner and jojoba oil, and part my hair in 4 sections. I apply Fantasia IC styling gel for color-treated hair (blue top) to all four sections and smooth down my sides with a boar-bristle brush for a smoothed out ponytail. I tie my hair up with a scarf to flatten out my ponytail and keep the bun area exposed to dry. No illness and it looks sharp!

HHG!!!

Back