Pissed!! I was unknowingly a guinea pig today when getting tree braids!

Kristen is GREAT!!!! I was in Raleigh for work on June 24 - 26 and wish I had known about tree braids then. I may have contacted her to install them for me. She did the exact straight style that I want to wear for the summer.

Glad you got your money back. I'd feel bad about how I :lachen: at this post otherwise. It's like a scene out a movie.

Those were bad. There's not a positive spin in the world to put on that. :nono: The link you posted to Kristen's work is the best example of tree braids. But she's just an excellent braider.

p1

Oh chile! :nono: I am glad you got a full refund. She should be ashamed of herself. What was the reaction of the co-workers when they saw her finished product?

SMH at the mess this woman was calling tree braids -- she really expected you to be satisfied with THAT?! She must have been out her mind! :nono:

I'm just glad you got all your money back.

Oh chile! :nono: I am glad you got a full refund. She should be ashamed of herself. What was the reaction of the co-workers when they saw her finished product?

Poker faces I bet. Would've loved to have been a fly on the wall after you walked out. I bet it was :ohwell: followed by :look: then :perplexed till someone was bold enough to break out the :lachen:.

She wasn't laughing though. Bet she was wringing her hands hoping you weren't the type to come back.

p1

They all knew it was a hot mess.

It seemed intriguing to them as it was being done. Lots of coworkers came over to ask what she was doing and a few sat and watched for 10 - 15 minutes each while she braided my hair. But once it was all finished, she put it all up in a ponytail to try to conceal the hot mess hair.

I heard a few customers ask if it was "invisible braids" but there was never any response. They probably wanted to know the name of the style to ALWAYS avoid.:ohwell:

Poker faces I bet. Would've loved to have been a fly on the wall after you walked out. I bet it was :ohwell: followed by :look: then :perplexed till someone was bold enough to break out the :lachen:.

She wasn't laughing though. Bet she was wringing her hands hoping you weren't the type to come back.

p1

Nah, she knew I was coming back. I told her when I finally got to a mirror that I DID NOT like it at all and would need her to take it down tomorrow. There was no question that it was coming down. The only thing I did not mention right away was a full refund.

I wanted DH to see it first. DH wanted to get it taken out tonight. He drove me back there in record time...from Brooklyn to Harlem in 15 minutes.

See that's why I don't go to the stylist... She shouldn't be mad that you wanted a refund.. I wouldn't pay for something that I wasn't satisfied with either...

Oh hell to the naw at those pics! :nono: :nono: :nono:

I'm glad you got your money back and DH had your back. I would have been HEATED, do you hear me?

I'm also mad that that mess took 10 mins to take down what took her 3.5 hours to install.

Girl, I feel so awful that she did this to you!! :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

She was so misleading to both of us and I am embarrassed as well. Why did she even try to put it in a ponytail- as if you weren't going to know that it was jacked up later :rolleyes:
I'm glad that your dh was there and that she refunded your money to you :yep:!!!!!

Being dishonest and unscrupulous as a stylist will get you a bad reputation , esp with the LHCF sisters!!!!!:bighug:

I hate that this happened to you sweetie. I wish that she could have been honest with you from the jump. Share the money....please. How about I share this beat down for wasting my time, gas, and my dh having to drive me back up here :boxing::clubu::hot::heated::210::nono2:

You have nothing to be embarrassed about at all. She was not honest with either of us and it showed in her work.

I fully intended to put her on blast if she did not refund my money....but since she did I will just say don't get tree braids from anyone who just braids (even for 15 years) and says they can do tree braids. See their work and if possible the exact style of tree braids that you want on one of their clients. If they can't "show & prove" then proceed with caution.

DH called his stylist (DH has dreads) and that guy admitted right away that he does not do tree braids. Gotta love honesty in a stylist!!!

Girl, I feel so awful that she did this to you!! :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

She was so misleading to both of us and I am embarrassed as well. Why did she even try to put it in a ponytail- as if you weren't going to know that it was jacked up later :rolleyes:
I'm glad that your dh was there and that she refunded your money to you :yep:!!!!!

Being dishonest and unscrupulous as a stylist will get you a bad reputation , esp with the LHCF sisters!!!!!:bighug:

Wow! She wasn't even savy enough to study the pics??! Why would she put a slanted part in the front of your hair for tree braids??!

I'm glad you got your money back. It's a shame you had to waste all that time though. :sad:

thinkin you finna get the bomb tree braids: excited

amount you spent on the tired stylist to do a botched job: $$$

time waisted on botched services: 3+ hrs

wasted hair from botched services: $32.48

DH having your back and breathing down tired stylists neck till you got a FULL refund: PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

You have nothing to be embarrassed about at all. She was not honest with either of us and it showed in her work.

I fully intended to put her on blast if she did not refund my money....but since she did I will just say don't get tree braids from anyone who just braids (even for 15 years) and says they can do tree braids. See their work and if possible the exact style of tree braids that you want on one of their clients. If they can't "show & prove" then proceed with caution.

DH called his stylist (DH has dreads) and that guy admitted right away that he does not do tree braids. Gotta love honesty in a stylist!!!

oh ok the money was refunded! *whew*

I would have flipped the f*** out and called my mom in there to raise hell with me if she did that to my head. She lied and wasted everyones time. I'm glad you got all of your money and had your husband there with you to help you out.

Last edited:
It was just a horrible mess and I'm so glad it's over.....but still a little upset all these hours later about those whack tree braids.:ohwell:

Nah, she knew I was coming back. I told her when I finally got to a mirror that I DID NOT like it at all and would need her to take it down tomorrow. There was no question that it was coming down. The only thing I did not mention right away was a full refund.

I wanted DH to see it first. DH wanted to get it taken out tonight. He drove me back there in record time...from Brooklyn to Harlem in 15 minutes.
Girl I know this is serious but I am dying thinking about dh driving like a madman with steam probably coming from his ears. Go head cuz I ain't mad at him. Yeah she was a hot mess for doing that. Glad you got your money back. These bad stylists ought to be ashamed of themselves. :nono: Q

I'm so glad you got your money back, but sorry this was done to you. Some stylists are only about the money, its such a shame.

wow! She really didn't know what she was doing. Sorry to hear that. I love tree braids too, I hope you finds someone good.

My goodness. She really messed up your head! I hate when stylists pretend they know how to do something when they really don't.

Oh wow, just saw the photos of her "work", so sorry you had to experience that! I'm very happy to see you did get a refund, once you get tree braids that are well done, you'll be quite pleased. Wish my old braider was still around to do mine again...

Good luck finding a braider!

VWV

IS SHE CRAZY:rolleyes::rolleyes:

That is SO wrong...she should be CLOSED DOWN. what a b.... she can't do that.

:wallbash: Thats why its hard to trust when it comes to hair...my gosh.

attachment.php
:nono:! That lady need's a :clubu:!
I'm glad you got a refund, but knowing me I would have wanted something extra :look: for my inconvenience. Don't care about her waste of time because she basically lied so thats her problemo!

Your hair looks lovely in you're Avatar by the way Reg's Wife!

MY 1000TH POST! :yay:

Last edited:
:nono:! That lady need's a :clubu:!
I'm glad you got a refund, but knowing me I would have wanted something extra :look: for my inconvenience. Don't care about her waste of time because she basically lied so thats her problemo!

Your hair looks lovely in you're Avatar by the way Reg's Wife!

Thanks! That is the SouthernTease bun that I rock a few times a week.

I am still a bit heated and want to go back there again today.....but I will instead use that energy on finding a half wig in the style that I want for my eventual tree braids.

Glad to hear you got your money back. What she did was a corn row style but not treebraids.

Something like that happened to me last month. I've been wearing treebraids since 06' and have had a number of folks do them for me (including Karen of Salon Chez Vous) so I know everyone does treebraids a little different, but they surely don't come out looking like that.

Sorry for your horrible experience. Too bad you can't come to Atlanta, I found a few great ones.

Back