I got a big....really Big 'FRO......

auntybe

I got a big....really Big \'FRO......

I wore my hair in cornrows for about a week and a half. I took them out to wash and condition. I tried to do a braid out/twist out, but my hair it so thick It came out in a fro with some curly pieces in front and back. Since I can't braid or cornrow I just plait it down at night and spray it with Humectress and HASK placenta leave-in mixed with water. It's not that bad. My hair is longer and thicker than I thought. What type of headband can I use to get different options. I need to tame the fro a bit. Everybody loves my hair so far. I'm still getting use to looking like Pam Grier
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif
. I got to get a trim.

Can I still use S-Curl on my fro.

Thanks for the help.

Re: I got a big....really Big \'FRO......

Have you thought of just trying a pretty silk scarf? I bet that would look so pretty. I don't use S-Curl but I would think it would do a great on your hair... I'd like to see a pic of your 'fro'
trampoline.gif

A big ole fro?! You go girl!

I've recently taken to wearing silky scarves as a headband, hope that helps

smile.gif

wave.gif
Hi Auntybe!!

Congrats on the fro!!
clap.gif

I agree with the others on the silk scarfs. I use handbands with my braid or twistouts, but they don't have teeth. The S-Curl or any type of moisturizer should work wonders on your natural hair.

Have fun experimenting with styles!!

I HADN'T THOUGHT ABOUT A SCARF! THANKS LADIES!

I have no idea what they are called, but I bought some things that I use to pull my hair back with that work wonderful. The ones I got are all different African fabrics. They are about 16 inches long and 5 inches wide. Each has some sort of flexible wire sewn in one of the longer sides. What it allows you to do is use them like a scarf you would use to pull your hair back...twist the cloth in the front and tuck the ends of the cloth under. They really hold your hair great and are are easy on your hair and head. I got them at an African Marketplace at a conference in DC a few years back and if I had been thinking, I would have purchased 20 instead of 5. I love them for the convenience and how quickly you can use them to pull your hair back into a puff.

HennaJoy

The scarves would look really pretty. I also use the Ouchless headbands by Goody.

homemain.jpg

homerandom2.jpg

They have different styles and colors.

Nina

This girl's hair is beautiful...Id like my hair to be long enough in the back to wear that style...

I'm going to get a headband before my trip this weekend. Thanks!

Back