4B's: How do you wear your 'Fro?

Peachi

4B\'s: How do you wear your \'Fro?

I have 8inches of pure 4B hair. I am removing my cornrows tonight and I want to embrace the fro. But I am scared as my ends get dry and the hair just because unmanageable and hard to tame.

For those who wear the fro, how do u wear it? Free-form? Tied back?
What products do u use to tame your hair?

Also, I will be washing my first and I am trying to devise a way to stretch my hair (because it will shrink once it is washed) so that my fro looks fuller.

My hair is more manageable when it is dry and stretched than when freshly washed.

Re: 4B\'s: How do you wear your \'Fro?

I do conditioning washes daily and use loreal anti frizz serum. It works wonders on my hair, softens it amazingly. Well after washing i do cornrows or individual braids ABOUT 20 and let it dry. This method combats excessive shrinkage. After that i loosen my hair and pull it back in a afro puff. Then spray with s curl spray . Hope this helps.

No worries. Mix together your favourite moisturising cremes and oils to make your own the section hair from this you can:

1)CORNROW- apply your creme to each cornrow line and conrow back then take it out in the morning and there you have a braidout.

2)TWIST IT - add you creme mix you made to each section and tist as many twsits as you need to, many people on the board say 8, but i have 4a hair and i find the more twists the better, i do around thirty. WEAR THIS STYLE FOR TWO DAYS WEAR OUT ON THE THIRD AND WASH IN THE EVENING.

4)BANTU KNOTS- Apply you mixture to ech section and twists round and round until you get a knot, do this all over your head.

These styles can also be used as drying methods so don't bother with the heat anymore give your hair a break. PM me tell me how it goes.

Thanks for the response ladies.

I am currently on my second of braiding. I washed and braided my hair (into 10 braids) and I take them out daily and comb them out to stretch them. Then I rebraid at night.

My main problem is combating my terrible dry ends. I am not sure why I am cursed with such dry ends. The stretching is great for my hair, but the ends still give me a problem in terms of achieving a nice fro. Instead, I get a fro with dry ends.

Well my fro is in the 3-5 inches stretched range. I cant seem to get the look I want if my hair is totally dry. When i get out of the shower I put a leave-in on(kenra or humectress). I run it from the hair line to the back, so I don't disturb the waves and coils, this also stretches it a bit. Then I top with an oil to lock in the moisture and add shine (proclaim natural 7 or organic root stimulator olive oil). I never have problems with my ends when I do this. But it will shrink when it dries. I either wear a headband or just let it go, or clips in the front.

If you want to let your hair dry so it can stretch. Wash, then use kemi oyl shea butter pomade ( not too much or it will be greasy). Run this through the head, it maybe white at first because the hair is wet. Then braid the hair when slightly damp. Wrap with a silk scarf or doorag. You can get under the hair dryer if you are in a hurry or let it dry overnight. Then when you take the braids out, you will have the most moisturized fro, and the waves from the braid out. The key to moisturized ends it the product you use, and for me the kemi oyl shea butter pomade is the best product I have used for moisture.

Tracy

After you wash you hair and add your moisturised with you hair care line (NO BLOW DRying) put it into 4 or 6 big plaits tightly done, and just before you begin to plait the end to the plaits add profectivs healthy ends to them and carry on with the plaiting of you hair right to its ends. If you do not have profectivs then use olive oil as an alternative.

Good luck. Maye my regime might help.

1)Wash my hair with elasta qp creme conditioning shampoo.

2)Apply Elasta qp intense or as an alternative once a week le kair deep conditioner.

3) Apply profectivs 60 second strengthener.

4)Towel dry hair but leave damp.

5)Apply curl activator to hair.

6)Mix together favorite cremes:

*Break free profectivs
*Curl activator
*Organis lock and twist gel
*olive oil and clove oil theraphy by organics
*profectivs 60 second strengthener
*profectivs roothealth
*Profectivs helathy ends.

Mix togther into a creme, use this to twist hair, and re twist any loose twists.

Wear for 3 days on the third wash hair again, and follow the same steps. I have 18 inches of 4b hair and getting helathier, my hair has grown and inch in 3 weeks and 2 inches because ive been doing this for the past 6 weeks this is the longest i remember my hair being and the quickest it has grown.

Back