i feel like crying,screaming,punching ! wth

coolsista-paris

Ok i went to a hair salon today (im starting a new job on tuesday gotta be very presentable as they say)In paris there is a place were you find dozens of hair salons, no prices written on paper or wall just negociating! i payed 30 euros..

so first of all:in the morning i washed, detangles and blow dried a little.
at the salon the girl took out the hair dryer and said she hassss to do it! i SAID NO! ive already done it, no more heat! my hair is natural so she said " its not silky enough) I WANTED CORNROWS!!what should ti be so silky for. so she quit the dryer. she then wanted to detangle it with the smallest comb there can be!!!! on natural hair!!!! she started i saw my hair go i sayd NO, i already detangled it! she said the comb won't go through and guess what: IT WENT THROUGHEVERY PART!
then trhoughout the style she kept detangling the parts with tne tiny comb ,when i already told her to use de the big one!

I SAW LOTS OF MY HAIR GO ONTHE FLOOR AND LEFT ON THE COMB!! i wanted to kill her. she said "your such a difficult client" whats up with that,isnt it normal to try and keep our hair healthy ,im trying to maintain LENGTH.

i feel like the good growth i had last las month was for nothing!!!!! and i wont get to apl by december with the hair i lost today. im soooo soo upset and shocked to see that black hairdressers (here at least) don't know nothing about black hair care, NOTHING!! :sad::cry2:

well i like the results but im still thinking about the hair loss! im between hapiness and anger! here are some pics (rest on my fotki):

Last edited:
Sorry you went through all that....
But I have to admit your hair does look gorgeous! she did a great job.

Your conrows are beautiful, but......

YOU are the customer, and have a right to have an opinion in any service you're requesting. Its YOUR hair, and YOUR money!!

I'm sorry about your setback, but if length is important to you, beautiful cornrows are NOT worth it. Just my 2 cents.

Girl it is beautiful!!! I am in Paris for the month and would love to get this style but ain't no way I want to deal with someone setting me back...lol but it's tempting because your hair is gorgeous.

But seriousy, I agree with the above poster. Pretty cornrows aren't worth a setback.

Your hair is gorgeous! Are u sure you were really set back? not judst extra shed hair u missed w/ the wider comb? Just asking cuz the end result looks fabulously healthy

Those are some beautiful cornrows.... shame on that silly stylist, telling you you're difficult. How about SHE is the one who's difficult?!

Oh and good luck with the new job! You are going to look so fab for your 1st day at work.

thank you for your anwsers; i really love the style and its not worth it if i want to keep length but for my new job we must have hair tied up, very presentabale and all and i didnt want to deal with afro puff every morning! non merci! lol

im not sure that its missed sheded hair.?? im starting to dougt. but i detangles the same morning. by the way how do we know that there is no more shed hair? i always use a wide tooth comb to detangle.

i hope it will grow back. ..
Hopeful: what are you doing in paris?

I'm attending a creative writing workshop. I'm in the Latin Quarter. Just got here Thursday. Goodness that Charles De Gaulle airport is massive--I thought I'd never get to my luggage and out of that place! I'll be here till the end of July.

yeah charles de gaulle airport is BIG! when my aunt came from the us she couldnt find her luggage! i waited more than an hour for her after her arrival.wow!

are you staying around "saint michel"? youve got a whole month to visit Paris!!!

No, sweetie in the US, they are the same way. I had cornrows done for a sew in and the exact same thing happened to me. My hair was soft and detangled and she claimed it wasn't straight enough for her to braid.

When she pulled that rattail comb from her drawer, I insisted that she not use it. (I was prepared to leave if she tried). Instead of learning how to manage our hair, they insist on it being bone straight which is the very reason we have so many breakage problems in general.

Wow! Those are so beautiful and elegant! I'm so sorry about your setback. It seems like no woman's hair is safe in any part of the world. :nono:

In Paris they cut my hair from SL+ to a bob because I still had perm on the end...only about 5 years later from my last touch up and after about 2 bob cuts prior! So....I know ur pain. Then again, no all salons are the same.
Howerver, back to the US...I generally don't like to get my hair braided in salons b/c of how much they rip into my hair!
I love my flat twists but can't take the pain...

The end result is pretty fierce!!!!!! love it!
Don't know why some stylists must use the smallest comb possible to style/detangle any hair natural or relaxed. I will never get it.

Hopefully it was not a set back. All you wanted was a beautiful style with the hair you walked into the place with. How hard is that to understand? Ghez.

It's beautiful! Is she a cosmetologist or a braider. Many times braiders aren't cosmetologist. And I don't think it has anything to do w/her being black. I hear horror stories about stylist from people of various ethnic bkgd. on other hair boards.

metro stop Chateau d'eau? I've been there and all I can say is :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I got my first and LAST sew in weave there; folks talking about me in French :mad: :mad: :mad:!!!!! It was mad cheap though (30 euros too!).

Your hair came out cute though (I couldn't say the same for myself - I looked a hot mess!!!!!!!). As long as it is not too tight I think you will be alright. Remember, we lose 50-100 shed hairs per day. Just keep telling yourself that those hairs you saw were more likely than not shed hair anyway.

Did you get a rec. or did you go with whichever dude yelled the loudest (or in my case spoke English) after you got off the metro like I did :nono:?

Yeah I remember Chateau D'Eau, is there still a zillion guys stood outside the station each trying to drag you to their salon? I went there once and asked to blowdry my own hair after I got a relaxer because I was not impressed with the way the guy was doing it.

Your hair does look really good, lots of braid spray and scalp massages will help you get the length you lost back. Next time you might want to try doing your own two strand twists which you can wear up in a french role or some other type of pin-up.

Girl like others have said, most African American stylists still have an old mentality when dealing with natural hair. Many of them don't want to do it because it "takes too much time" (I've been told that one) and they have unhealthy hair practices in general.

Listen when i was younger and relaxed I had a stylist tell me she's gonna cut one side of my hair shorter so when it grows back it will grow even. ?????? UMMMM so hair on one side of ur head is gonna wait for the other side before growing back?? INTERESTING!

I've also had hair dressers rip hair out of my head with the tiniest combs also. So u know ur hair. I'm sure she did pull out a little more hair than nec but I'm sure it will be ok.

We have to start getting to a point that we are NOT gonna let anyone f up our hair when we're working so hard to protect it just because they're a "stylist".

Sorry girl but keep ur head up n ur hair is gorgeous!

Thanks a lot ladies! i really felt like gettting out! i kept saying something, "dont do this, dont do it like that ,ill show you..." she had bad practice and know nothing about black hair care (her hair was a mess).
its the first or second time i let someone touch my hair cause i dont know how to do these myself and i love this style!

im gonna put braid spray like said on here. Good advice! that i should follow. i bought some yesterday.

By the way: CHATEAU D'EAU is still madness. i folowed a guy but before following him i said "tell me the price now or im not following you" then i told him i wanna pay 20 eur, ok didnt work so i got it for 30. but you know at a moment they were like 4 people arguing for me!!!!!!!!

"she's mine, no shes my clienty, i saw here before you, you theif,etc" LADIES: I HAD TO SHOUT IN PUBLIC TO CALM EVERYONE DOWN.

i was like "heyyyyyy no need to get excited, im nobodies and stop holding my arms i hate that i dont know you, leave me" so some started to leave me.....but i really hate when someone i dont know touches me !

i did a weave a few years ago there. the result was reallly good and i paid 30 eur!!! it was good!

by the way: someone remind me to post pics of my hair when i take these out. lol

where should i post them ny the way? maybe here right?

Back